SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Quantum Smoke (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49906)

pricecb 12-06-2013 11:16 PM

Quantum Smoke

Anyone try the quantum smoke spiking reels. Looking to get one but wanted some options first

sacalaitman 12-07-2013 03:08 PM

Those quantums hate saltwater. For freshwater only u would be fine, but I would never take it in salt. If it was the inshore model smoke, maybe, but a regular one, never. There are better in the market for the money.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

"W" 12-07-2013 03:28 PM

If u saltwater fish, dont even think about it!! Will not last two trips

Clampy 12-07-2013 03:56 PM

Shimano. Sahara ,Sedona ,symetre or Stradic ci4 whatever one is in your $ range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pricecb 12-07-2013 04:18 PM

As much as I fish 200 for a reel that's gonna last is worth it. One of my fishing partners has one. I think it's the inshore model with the blue handle. I will let him know to make sure he keeps it good and clean.
It's a shame a 160/180 dollar reel can't handle saltwater fishing.

Clampy 12-07-2013 05:24 PM

If you are going to drop 200$ on a spinning reel the Stradic ci4 is one sweet reel built for salt and designed for power pro line.

Goooh 12-07-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clampy (Post 649169)
Shimano. Sahara ,Sedona ,symetre or Stradic ci4 whatever one is in your $ range.

I loved my Sedona and Sahara until about 3 weeks ago. They started dragging when I cranked em, Spin fee with the handle out. Took them all apart, cleaned everything out and re-lubed. Fixed it til I hit the water again and they started dragging after about 20 mins of fishing. What gives?

Clampy 12-07-2013 05:42 PM

How old are they ? I have a Sahara that had been swimming in the gulf once or twice it lives in the back of my truck and is still going strong. Had it about 4 years got a little stiff the other day and I oiled it and it works great. If I get 4 years out of 79$ reel that I abuse is a win for me. My Stradics are bad arse but I haven't had them as long and I take better care of them.

Goooh 12-07-2013 05:49 PM

Sedona was bought last may, and the Sahara around August. I have babied them, and they don't get used every trip unless other people are with me, I inly throw my baitcasters

Clampy 12-07-2013 06:01 PM

I don't know sometimes they just go I guess. I had a Okuma trio go on me right out the box.

bgizzle 12-07-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 649205)
Sedona was bought last may, and the Sahara around August. I have babied them, and they don't get used every trip unless other people are with me, I inly throw my baitcasters

Ever wade fish with them? My stradic is starting to drag a bit but man that thing is old. 4-5yrs at least. But still works good and casts far just sounds like it got a tiny bit of sand in it. Prolly does. I broke it down all the way n cleaned it but after another 3-4trips it slowly started again

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

Goooh 12-08-2013 12:31 AM

Never with them, only waded once in my life. I'll be returning them.

pricecb 12-15-2013 07:43 PM

Went with the stradic. Had to try it on first run out and we slammed the trout. Hopefully a good sign for many trips to come.

Clampy 12-15-2013 08:40 PM

You are going to love the Stradic

alphaman 12-15-2013 11:41 PM

I'm going to add a shimano stradic to my fishing arsenal nx year! What rod to pair with it idk! cool:

sent from my Galaxy NOTE II