SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Quitters and Losers Forum (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   This May Not Fit. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57834)

duckman1911 12-27-2014 08:28 PM

This May Not Fit.

I'm not a loser I'm trying to gain. I'm 39 and since 10th grade I have weighed 155lbs. I have always been lean. Over the last few weeks I have been hitting the weights hard. I would normally eat 1500/2000 calories a day. Lately I have been trying to stuff down 3000/3500 calories a day. Good food not junk. That's a lot of food. My appetite has grown but I am still having to force those last few bites. Not saying I know how it is to be used to eating more then trying to eat less but being used to eating less then trying to eat more sucks too.

Top Dawg 12-27-2014 08:32 PM

Whiskey beer and a big supper did the trick for me. Glad to see u back around.

duckman1911 12-27-2014 08:53 PM

Thanks TD.. Just unplugged for a little while to focus on other things.

Goooh 12-27-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 734276)
I'm not a loser I'm trying to gain. I'm 39 and since 10th grade I have weighed 155lbs. I have always been lean. Over the last few weeks I have been hitting the weights hard. I would normally eat 1500/2000 calories a day. Lately I have been trying to stuff down 3000/3500 calories a day. Good food not junk. That's a lot of food. My appetite has grown but I am still having to force those last few bites. Not saying I know how it is to be used to eating more then trying to eat less but being used to eating less then trying to eat more sucks too.

Careful on the calories, they'll give you weight you don't want!

Sent

duckman1911 12-27-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 734284)
Careful on the calories, they'll give you weight you don't want!

Sent

Roger that. Have been trying to pile on protein. Not eating junk food to up the calories. Eggs' tuna, meat etc. Bread and butter too.
Still weigh 155. Im glad I haven't lost weight though.

Scottld 12-29-2014 08:07 AM

Peanut butter is your friend when trying to pack it on. and if you don't mind working it off, mix it with syrup and dip in your favorite bread.

jpeff31787 12-29-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottld (Post 734418)
Peanut butter is your friend when trying to pack it on. and if you don't mind working it off, mix it with syrup and dip in your favorite bread.

idk about this one.. I eat like 5 pb sandwiches a day.. barely maintain 150. Just high energy me, I guess...

Goooh 12-29-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottld (Post 734418)

Calories don't build muscles...

Sent

simplepeddler 12-29-2014 07:41 PM

Just live until 50.......you will have all the added wieght you want

Scottld 12-30-2014 10:23 AM

I won't get into a fuss about calorie intake and muscle growth as it takes a combination of many things to build real muscle. Just trying to help the fellow out, peanut butter is a calorie dense food with good mono-unsaturated fats, omega 3, and protein used as a staple in many powerlifting and body building diets when trying to make gains.

Visco 12-30-2014 11:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 734276)

Boss, do not worry about how much you eat. Eat what you can and DO NOT over eat as it will not help out anyway. I would also add, make sure you eat at least 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per lean body weight. That is the key along with the other calories that you need as well. I have been lucky and had a larger frame to begin with, but what put me over the edge and hitting my goals was a high protein LOW Carb diet (eating the right calories at the right time of the day). There is more to it, but those are the key ingredients to putting on muscle quickly.

You noticed I did not talk about your workout routine. That is because as long as you're hitting the weights hard and pushing yourself to its limit that is all you need to do for working out.

Weight gain is 70% diet, 30% workout routine

duckman1911 12-30-2014 12:35 PM

I'm not looking to bulk up just put on a few pounds of muscle. If it takes time that's fine. If it doesn't happen that's fine too. I'm in pretty good shape already but have started working out as a preventive measure. My job is pretty physical and keeps me in decent shape but I want something more to help with muscle loss due to aging. I guess it's my ounce of prevention so to speak. I don't go to a gym I workout at home. With work and family I just not able to be at a gym for an hour or two everyday. At home I can hit the weights when I have 10/15 minutes to spare. I keep going back anytime I have spare time. It may not be the best plan but it has to be better than doing nothing.

duckman1911 12-30-2014 01:19 PM

My problem with peanut butter is that it taste to sweet for me. I do not eat sweet stuff. On the rare occasion I do eat something sweet it will be a small bowl of ice cream.
I also do not drink milk. I love dairy foods and things made using milk but you will never see me drink a glass. Weird I know. Lol

BassYakR 12-30-2014 01:55 PM

Get the all natural peanut butter bro... it tastes 100% better

meaux fishing 12-30-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 734665)
Get the all natural peanut butter bro... it tastes 100% better

x2
smuckers natural peanut butter

Also try eating something every 3-4 hours instead of only three meals a day

Shawn Braquet 12-30-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 734669)
x2
smuckers natural peanut butter

Also try eating something every 3-4 hours instead of only three meals a day

I'm waiting for a grass fed beef pitch, I'm guessing you aren't over marketing for the farm. Lol

Goooh 12-30-2014 05:53 PM

Peanut butter is not the way to go about it unless you want to put on fat, especially dipping it in syrup on bread. This isn't the 70's and we know a lot more about nutrition now.

8 grams of protein per every 180 cals, and those 8 grams may not get used.

"Protein" isn't a single thing, so protein in peanut butter is not the same as protein in chicken. Well rounded amino acid profiles are what you need for building muscle, not some fat gainer that swells your face.

Aim for 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body fat, spread it out evenly through your meals (38 grams per meal in your case), lift heavy in the 12 rep range doing super sets, and save that syrupy peanut butter carb ball for right after your workout to give back to your muscles what was depleted in your workout.

Sent

meaux fishing 12-30-2014 10:45 PM

This May Not Fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 734689)
I'm waiting for a grass fed beef pitch, I'm guessing you aren't over marketing for the farm. Lol

My beef sells itself... ;)

I'd be happy to supply anybody with information that is interested though