SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Offshore Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tiger Shoals (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65118)

cajun bill 08-05-2016 06:58 PM

Tiger Shoals

Made a run to TS this am. Forecast was for <1 ft seas. As usual, missed it by half, but still able to get where we were going at a decent speed. Tried three different spots and while the water was pretty, the spainish Macks were so bad we kept getting cut off. I even went to a 40# leader, but that was like crack to those guys. Finally gave up with only 3 specks and stopped at T-Butte on the way in, but the water was pretty iffy. I'm guessing if we would have had live bait, things might have been different, but anyway, a good day on the water.

alphaman 08-05-2016 09:34 PM

Nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

jpeff31787 08-09-2016 05:43 PM

It's been hit and miss for sure. Some weekends a limit, some days only 20-30, but they are out there. The Spanish do get bad sometimes, we usually just try to find some spots in dirtier water to get away from them.

Marque 08-13-2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajun bill (Post 803175)
Made a run to TS this am. Forecast was for <1 ft seas. As usual, missed it by half, but still able to get where we were going at a decent speed. Tried three different spots and while the water was pretty, the spainish Macks were so bad we kept getting cut off. I even went to a 40# leader, but that was like crack to those guys. Finally gave up with only 3 specks and stopped at T-Butte on the way in, but the water was pretty iffy. I'm guessing if we would have had live bait, things might have been different, but anyway, a good day on the water.

I beat them up on Tette Butte a couple of weeks ago in some slop water. When the water looks like crap throw topwater its the only thing they can find in that dirt and they hit it like it owes them money.

cajun bill 08-13-2016 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marque (Post 803864)
I beat them up on Tette Butte a couple of weeks ago in some slop water. When the water looks like crap throw topwater its the only thing they can find in that dirt and they hit it like it owes them money.

Never thought of that, might try that next time. Always thought top water was an early morning bait.

Marque 08-13-2016 08:58 PM

Topwater is always better in the mornings and late afternoons but I have caught on it at all times during the day. Somedays are better than others and you generally get the sense which days those are gonna be. The days where you see lots of bait and surface action are usually days where topwater is going to be the bait to use. I've fished Tette Butte a lot and its the best thing out there by a long shot. The fish are very difficult to locate out there for some reason and don't congregate in one space for too long when they do. Topwater is your friend out there because even if they aren't aggressively hitting it they will follow it or pop at it. It helps you locate them at least, once you find them you just have to determine what they want to eat.