SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Straightforward or Rude? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59538)

duckman1911 04-29-2015 08:58 PM

Straightforward or Rude?

Our shop is right across the road from a flea market. The market is set up in rows of metal buildings much like a storage unit. For the past few weeks there has been a truck with trailor pulling onto our lot and backing into the flea market almost daily. Today I caught him and knocked on his window.
Me. This is private property not a public turn around.
Him. Am I blocking your lot?
Me. No, but you do not have permission to use our property for your personal driveway.
Him. You're just being a hardazz.
Me. I just walked off as he left.
Later I was at the flea market and just happened to hear him talking to someone else about how much of a rude person I was. I walked right up to his drivers window and greeted him. It was rather funny. He said I was rude for telling him he had no permission to use our property for his personal driveway. I explained to him that I was not being rude I was being straightforward. I never raised my voice or used any profanity. I just explained to him that he was using private property without permission.
Best part. He was an off duty cop........*****

simplepeddler 04-29-2015 09:00 PM

my ex mother in law always said she was straight forward too..........LOL

T-Bone 04-29-2015 09:17 PM

Roll out the roofing nails next time you see him coming.

AubreyLaHaye458 04-29-2015 09:30 PM

If he's just pulling in to get straight to back in I don't see the big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redaddiction 04-29-2015 09:35 PM

Would you let him use your property if he asks permission?

duckman1911 04-29-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 751795)

True to a certain point. If he bumps into one of my customers cars and dents it but no one saw it and he backs away it becomes a big deal. A big deal I have to pay to fix.

AubreyLaHaye458 04-29-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 751800)
True to a certain point. If he bumps into one of my customers cars and dents it but no one saw it and he backs away it becomes a big deal. A big deal I have to pay to fix.

This is true. And me having no idea what your place looks like would lead to this situation. lol

duckman1911 04-29-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redaddiction (Post 751797)
Would you let him use your property if he asks permission?

Yes. We discussed this later and I told him he could use the employee driveway but not our customer parking lot. I can't risk him denting a customers car.
If you saw the layout you would realize this guy should not be pulling or backing a trailor.

marty f 04-30-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 751786)

Theres most of the problem:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 751795)

At first I thought the same thing, but its his property, if he doesn't want this guy doing that he has the right to say STOP IT, cop or not.

MathGeek 04-30-2015 08:15 AM

Your property, your rules.

A property owner being assertive about how others are using his property without permission is not rude.

fishfighter 04-30-2015 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 751786)

get ready for extra patrols in your area, he will and he will have his people keep an extra scrutinizing eye on your area, and will probably be giving you trouble for any little thing hahahaha, better be on point cause the eyes of justice are up on you now :p:p

duckman1911 04-30-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfighter (Post 751838)
get ready for extra patrols in your area, he will and he will have his people keep an extra scrutinizing eye on your area, and will probably be giving you trouble for any little thing hahahaha, better be on point cause the eyes of justice are up on you now :p:p

Not really worried about that since he's a sheriff's deputy and I happen to be friends with the sheriff. Always have an ace in the hole ;)

duckman1911 04-30-2015 02:19 PM

I do find it funny how cops are so quick to inform you that they are a cop. Does that make you special in some way? Not to me it doesn't.

Speck Attack 04-30-2015 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=AubreyLaHaye458;751795]If he's just pulling in to get straight to back in I don't see the big deal.

X2.....human kindness goes a long way...

Pull n Pray 04-30-2015 03:27 PM

It is your property, your rules.

But what is it hurting? Is he making ruts? Is he blocking your customers from entering and exiting. If he hits a car he will be liable for it. He just trying to make a living like everyone else. I'm sure most of here have a boat to pull and have used private property to turn around or make a wide turn.

duckman1911 04-30-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pull n Pray (Post 751940)
It is your property, your rules.

But what is it hurting? Is he making ruts? Is he blocking your customers from entering and exiting. If he hits a car he will be liable for it. He just trying to make a living like everyone else. I'm sure most of here have a boat to pull and have used private property to turn around or make a wide turn.

Can't disagree with you or speck to some extent. He will be liable for it if you assume it was witnessed or he is honest about hitting a customers vehicle and confesses. I hold no faith in the latter I assure you. Have had issues in the past with that place and their people. Swung by the shop one Saturday to pick up something and a guy had a full blown vending rig set up on our lot and was plugged into our electrical outlet. Needless to say he did not find me to be a very friendly person that day.

duckman1911 04-30-2015 03:47 PM

Had he asked there would be no issue. This is not an every now and then thing. It's almost daily.

Pull n Pray 04-30-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 751944)
C. Have had issues in the past with that place and their people. Swung by the shop one Saturday to pick up something and a guy had a full blown vending rig set up on our lot and was plugged into our electrical outlet. Needless to say he did not find me to be a very friendly person that day.

I can't blame you for that. But don't let one bad apple ruin it for good people trying to make an honest buck.

Andy C 04-30-2015 04:32 PM

Get wireless cameras!! I know what your going tho, trying to make a living and not rape your customers ... as a "small business ower too it's well worth the money. Plus they got cheap in the last few years.. know it sucks but it is what it is in this day and time..

duckman1911 04-30-2015 04:34 PM

My point was (perhaps I should have explained better) that we live in such a watered down wussified world that if you tell it like it is you are considered to be rude. A grown man shouldn't have to have stuff sugar coated. Tell me how it is wheteher I'm wrong or right. If I'm wrong I'll apologize but I don't need it sugar coated.