SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Biggest Buck to date (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62807)

Josh C 01-05-2016 12:57 PM

Biggest Buck to date

2 Attachment(s)
We have a stand in Avoyelles parish we call the zoo! Every time we hunt it, it's nothing to see 10-20 deer, some turkeys and maybe some ducks swimming by!! On new years eve, I asked Dad if I could take my youngest daughter, age 8, to the zoo stand as she hasn't seen many deer this year while hunting and I thought it would be a good experience for her and I to share together. With the rut just getting started in our area, we decided to get on the stand around 2 that afternoon to give us the most time in the stand. We didn't see our first deer till around 3:30, which was a yearling at the rice bran pile Dad had put out that morning. Around 4:00, several does stepped out at the feeder and started their normal afternoon of eating corn!! It's always exciting when the doe kept looking back into the woods, as you know something is holding their attention. A few short mins later, several more does and yearlings came out to the feeder followed by a small 6 pt and 4 pt. The 6 pt was bumping the does and pushing them around a little while the 4 pt was just worried about eating corn! While we were watching this show, I notice two more yearlings came out the rice bran pile and started eating. Around 4:30 while watching all this activity, out stepped the big boy! Dad and I call them WOW POW deer because when they come out, you say WOW and then the gun does POW!! When he stepped out around 110 yards from the stand at the pile of rice bran, it was a WOW POW moment. We had to watch him for a few mins due to the size requirements on the property to make sure he made the cut and he was facing away from us so we didn't have a good shot. Once he turned around in the shooting lane and gave us a good shot, it was a done deal!! Once we found the deer, by daughter said 'Dad, this was an answer to my prayer'. I asked her what she prayed and she said she prayed for a big buck to come out so I could shoot it!! It was a day we both won't forget for some time as we ended up seeing 14 deer and I killed my biggest buck. He ended up weighing 245 lbs and scored 150-7/8'. Take a kid hunting every chance you get as you won't regret it!!

BayBolt23 01-05-2016 01:06 PM

WOW!!! Congrats hamma

meaux fishing 01-05-2016 03:04 PM

Very nice!!! congrats

jchief 01-05-2016 05:22 PM

Awesome. Even better when kids are involved.

reelguy1 01-05-2016 06:46 PM

Great Hunt and Great Story!

Matt G 01-05-2016 07:08 PM

That's awesome man! Congrats on the memories you and your daughter made together!

FF_T_Warren 01-05-2016 07:56 PM

Man that's an awesome story but I have to ask. What the heck kind of size requirements are y'all running that 150" deer may not be big enough!! Great kill

fishinpox 01-05-2016 11:05 PM

great deer! even better you got to share it with your daughter! congrats!

meaux fishing 01-06-2016 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren (Post 783278)
Man that's an awesome story but I have to ask. What the heck kind of size requirements are y'all running that 150" deer may not be big enough!! Great kill

I was thinking the same thing lol

Josh C 01-06-2016 10:01 AM

The deer had to meet 2 of the 3 requirements.

4-1/2" bases, 16" inside spread and 20" main beams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren (Post 783278)

Josh C 01-06-2016 10:03 AM

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations!!

Bluechip 01-06-2016 06:41 PM

Nice deer.... Congratulations

cmac23 01-07-2016 01:23 PM

Great Deer Josh!
congrats on the memory made with your daughter!!