SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hate hunting other peoples property (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49496)

MarshRat89 11-18-2013 08:37 PM

There's always some crap when hunting other peoples property. I have been hunting a good size of woods and swamp for a buddy going on 3 years now. I have full permission including keys to all the gates. I never have to call ahead and have never had to in the past. My buddy works overseas and is gone for 30-90 days at a time. He had told me in the past that 2 other people had keys but didn't hunt much. In 3 years I never encountered either of them. It's a big piece of property and I mostly hunt far back in the swamp on the ridges anyway. When we knocked off this afternoon me and one of my hands decided to go shoot some woodducks. We finished our hunt and headed back to the truck. As We turned the last curve of the trail we could see lights around my truck. As we get closer we were greeted by a sheriffs deputy gun drawn and light in our eyes. We had to go through the whole ordeal. Raise your hands, do you have Any other firearms on you besides the ones on your back? Are the guns loaded? Is there one in the chamber? He then removed our guns from us. All the while pointing his pistol right at my face. After that he Made us get up against the vehicle where we were frisked. Then another series of questions. What's your names? Do you know who owns the property? Do you have permission to be here? ( keep In mind my truck is parked behind a locked gate). So I tell him the owners name and he makes me call him. I get no answer. He calls a guy over from across the street. I know the guy but not from the property. The deputy ask him to call the owner. He gets no answer either. The guy starts telling the deputy nobody else has permission to hunt there but him and the owner. They are suppose to be the only ones with keys so the deputy should just go ahead and arrest us. (I really think the deputy thought about it. Don't forget now my truck is parked behind a locked gate that we had to unlock to pass through! Just as the deputy is finished thinking about slapping the cuffs on us the other guys phone rings. It's the owner. The deputy talks to him and gets the all clear. This has me floored tonight. #1 I don't take kindly to be harassed when I'm doing everything perfectly within the law and # 2 I don't like any goberment official removing my gun from when I ain't did a thing wrong.

End RANT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

"W" 11-18-2013 08:44 PM

you should of asked him if he had permission to be on the property !!!!

fishinpox 11-18-2013 08:45 PM

you should have told em you know w , done a few figure 8's n been on your way

express5 11-18-2013 08:53 PM

Give a man a badge, think hes Wyatt Earp! Its the Newnited States of OBAMA!! Shameful for what our vets fought for GOD BLESS THEM!

"W" 11-18-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 644597)
you should have told em you know w , done a few figure 8's n been on your way

^^^^ THIS :D

Mako19 11-18-2013 09:00 PM

Sounds like they definitely overreacted by having guns drawn and POINTED at you.
Sorry you had a crappy afternoon.

Next time you see the guy that was trying to get the cops to arrest you he needs to hear a piece of your mind.

MarshRat89 11-18-2013 09:03 PM

No crap I found it really funny that the two people accusing me of trespassing were the ones on the outside of a locked gate.

MarshRat89 11-18-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako19 (Post 644607)
Sounds like they definitely overreacted by having guns drawn and POINTED at you.
Sorry you had a crappy afternoon.

Next time you see the guy that was trying to get the cops to arrest you he needs to hear a piece of your mind.

Oh he got a piece of mine. I told him next time I see his truck out there I'm gonna call the Sherif so he can send a deputy to play with his ball sack too.

MathGeek 11-18-2013 09:13 PM

File a complaint for making a false report. The man who made the false report put you in danger, and he manipulated law enforcement in order to do it.

Lake Chuck Duck 11-18-2013 09:17 PM

I would have made the block, made sure the cop was gone, and commenced to whooping ol' boy's azz!

MarshRat89 11-18-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 644617)
I would have made the block, made sure the cop was gone, and commenced to whooping ol' boy's azz!

Wanna know how good I know ol' boy? Im one of 3 electricians in town. I have to go through him all the time when working on services. The fact that he knows me so well pisses me off the most. He only knows my gmc and not the Chevy so didn't recognize it.

jopete 11-18-2013 09:31 PM

let me get this straight, you brought somebody with you to go hunt someone elses property?

not cool.

if i owned the property that would be your last hunt.

no animosity here, just my .02

and him callin the cops was a cowardly thing to do.

MarshRat89 11-18-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jopete (Post 644620)
let me get this straight, you brought somebody with you to go hunt someone elses property?

not cool.

if i owned the property that would be your last hunt.

no animosity here, just my .02

and him callin the cops was a cowardly thing to do.

My buddy who owns the property did not have a problem with it. I can see your point if you would be worried about lawsuits and such.

Paulox86 11-18-2013 09:54 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems logical that only the owner of the property has the right to press charges on someone for trespassing. I think the ole boy and his buddy officer were just trying to get you off the property. No telling what the ole boy is doing on the property, without the owner's knowledge, while he is overseas. May be a good grow in them woods. Or a little shine operation. I would go searching. What took three years to finally cause this issue? There's always something else to the story.

DA COVE 11-18-2013 09:56 PM

First off the only person that can file any complaint or charges would be the land owner. But when hunting someone else's property u should have written permission on ur person just for what u encountered.

MarshRat89 11-18-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulox86 (Post 644629)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems logical that only the owner of the property has the right to press charges on someone for trespassing. I think the ole boy and his buddy officer were just trying to get you off the property. No telling what the ole boy is doing on the property, without the owner's knowledge, while he is overseas. May be a good grow in them woods. Or a little shine operation. I would go searching. What took three years to finally cause this issue? There's always something else to the story.

One of the first things the deputy told me was the guy that takes care of the property contacted us and said there was an in known truck on the property.

speck-chaser 11-18-2013 11:10 PM

Man that really sucks!! That will sure ruin a good trip, and give you that not so fresh feeling every time you go back now. Sounds like a big over reaction to me,especially when you had keys to get back there. I could see if you had busted through a gate or was jumping over a fence.

Andy C 11-18-2013 11:37 PM

when hunting someone else's property u should have written permission on ur person just for what u encountered.[/QUOTE]

Times ten. That's how we do it around here, cause you never know if my phone is working or not, had the game worden take a couple friends of mine off cause I wasn't here and they couldn't get ah hold of me. Didn't press charges cause told them they were welcome but never got them the paper in writing for them to have in there pockets.

jpeff31787 11-19-2013 08:52 AM

to me the keys should have proved you knew the land owner! Cops are too damn stubborn some times and forget about common sense!

duckfreak 11-19-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulox86 (Post 644629)

You are absoulutely correct, only the property owner can press charges?