SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Conservationist's Corner (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Weirs (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9264)

BaseballFisherman 10-04-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 331528)
When the "yo-yo's" start ruining my "fun" its not "fun" for me. So how about everybody learn respect on the water and then everybody can be happily ever after.

This is very true

jonboy726 10-05-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 331528)
When the "yo-yo's" start ruining my "fun" its not "fun" for me. So how about everybody learn respect on the water and then everybody can be happily ever after.

I agree with you on that. But W wants people to go out and learn to fish...like he did. Some people don't take it as seriously as others. To each his own, but I definitely agree on fishing etiquette and manners. I'm with y'all on that.

"W" 10-06-2011 04:02 AM

You can mark this down.....if WL&F continue to have problems with people braking law by fishing in the NO fish zone. It will not be long before the good will suffer for the bad. They will close all fishing with in the runs! This has already been discussed by WL&F.

Patt 10-06-2011 07:51 AM

My neighbour is am wl&f agent and he told me yesterday that there is now cameras at all the weirs i haven't been in a few days but if there is for sure cameras that will clear up not all the boats but quite a few

"W" 10-06-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patt (Post 332262)
My neighbour is am wl&f agent and he told me yesterday that there is now cameras at all the weirs i haven't been in a few days but if there is for sure cameras that will clear up not all the boats but quite a few

I dont believe this one bit.. Who paid for Cameras and why would you do so? This might be a good scare tactic but If that was the case then how come when i was night fishing I witness several boats come in after 10pm from shrimping....when you have to leave 30mins after sunset.

I also witness several boats heading out....So I know there is NO such thing as cameras at the weirs.

And the # of boats fishing behind the signs the last 7 days?? WL&F could of balanced our US budget on tickets.

Monday they had 6 fishing behind the signs on both sides for 4 hours....

Patt 10-06-2011 08:28 AM

i don't believe they do have cameras anyway but that's What he told me

SaltyShaw 10-06-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonboy726 (Post 332205)
I agree with you on that. But W wants people to go out and learn to fish...like he did. Some people don't take it as seriously as others. To each his own, but I definitely agree on fishing etiquette and manners. I'm with y'all on that.

Well have fun not catching fish!
There is no handouts go put in your time, get familiar with the lake we all had to do it

specktator 10-06-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyShaw (Post 332304)
There is no handouts go put in your time, get familiar with the lake we all had to do it

X2

longcast 10-06-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyShaw (Post 332304)

I learn something new about big lake every time I go out. Like shaw said. You gotta go put your time in. Thats great advice for anything you do. I don't play golf. So even if tiger woods took my hand and coached me with all his knowledge I still could not play golf to save my life. Go put your time in.

marty f 01-20-2015 10:48 PM

So I just read this entire thread, here we are 5 yrs later, has anything changed? Are the reds numbers down? What if anything has gotten worse? are things better?

Funny thing is I have only fished weirs twice, my first day ever fishing BL, I had zero luck, so I learned to fish the lake. And last weekend with momma, was rough, windy, and cold for her. I friend told me they were biting at the weirs so i thought for momma sake ill give it a shot. Guess what I found? Two guides up in there, just past the 250 ft signs.

Never the less has anything changed for this subject in The past 5 years?

Duck Butter 01-29-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty f (Post 737258)
So I just read this entire thread, here we are 5 yrs later, has anything changed? Are the reds numbers down? What if anything has gotten worse? are things better?

Funny thing is I have only fished weirs twice, my first day ever fishing BL, I had zero luck, so I learned to fish the lake. And last weekend with momma, was rough, windy, and cold for her. I friend told me they were biting at the weirs so i thought for momma sake ill give it a shot. Guess what I found? Two guides up in there, just past the 250 ft signs.

Nice bump man. Seems some opinions have gone full circle :rotfl:

Smalls 01-29-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty f (Post 737258)

Keep searching and you will many more recent discussions on this topic.

Duffy.yyz 01-29-2015 04:32 PM

http://www.dubbo.nsw.gov.au/Images/Weirs_Kill_web.jpg

jimboragleyfire 01-18-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 137059)
You will not fish out the population with rod n reel......but fishing weirs has not a ounce of skill or talent involved. NO sport in fishing the weirs..Your not even giving the fish a chance to leave ..... You take all the guys on Sat who fish the weirs......... Count there fish.....Then set them all out on Sunday but Weirs off limits and count there fish............. :D..

I bet you would not have a quarter of fish caught............ Why because skill and knowledge would come to play

So why take customers there?

"W" 01-18-2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimboragleyfire (Post 784045)
So why take customers there?

LMAO

This dude is obsessed with me lol

Stalker

So why do you take your customers there ? You ain't seen me there

Andy C 01-18-2016 05:15 PM

Weirs quer guides, with shrimp or "fresh dead" shrimp ... but sometimes that's what you got to do some days, ! It just happens.

mallard matt 01-18-2016 09:30 PM

Ok, new law only W and his lake saying red tagging ultra mega supper boat charter is allowed to fish at the weirs. Because God know he's the one holding big Lake together. Please! Most of the people at the weirs arn't out on the lake catching limits for Texas all day long. Total hipocrit

Juciy 01-18-2016 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 100599

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seachaser250 01-19-2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juciy (Post 784099)
Attachment 100599

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Joel Osteen is a farce"

-Seachaser250

jimbass 06-02-2017 02:13 PM

W

i never fished the weis (and don't plan to) so i don't know the regulations. Is there an area that is off limits?