SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   1911 Peeps (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63503)

duckman1911 03-15-2016 10:49 PM

1911 Peeps

I've shot 1, 000s&1, 000s of rounds in matches and practice. I have friends that can make a glock, xd and a revolver sing a sweet song. I love my poly guns but the one thing I have noticed is that newbies never show up with a 1911. If a 1911 or variation of is holstered they didn't come to learn. They came to train.

simplepeddler 03-21-2016 07:30 PM

I rarely shoot mine.........but when I have some extra cash that momma don't know about they multiply in my gun safe.

I just love the mechanical funtionality of that Browning design.
FWIW I'm a A5 guy too......

shellman 03-21-2016 07:48 PM

Duckman 1911,s are a little heavier but I like the feel so that's what I shoot.

duckman1911 03-22-2016 10:55 AM

They are sweet guns. I love mine. I want to get a commander for everyday carry. I carry my gov model sometimes but by the end of the work day she is getting heavy. They are the pinnacle of what a fighting handgun is.imo. They're just sexy as hell too. Glocks work but it's kind of like a cheap hooker. Doesn't have to be pretty just get the job done.lol

Lake Chuck Duck 03-22-2016 08:49 PM

As a teenager i always said i would have one. It was just blind luck that a deal of a lifetime presented itself while i was in college and my 1911 was my first pistol i bought myself. Still my go to for home protection and still the first to come out the bag when i hit the range, even after all these years.

davidpuddy 03-22-2016 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love my Oriskany Arms 1911. It's full size. While I don't have thousands of rounds through it...I do have a few.

Attachment 103490

jpd0144 03-22-2016 11:28 PM

1911 in my opinion ...

I've shot them in 10mm, .22 lr, .45, and .38 super

Modularity: ... is matched by none.

Just about every aftermarket holster, sight, magazine, spring, barrel co. caters to 1911 in their line up. Some of my favs are ...Wilson Combat, Chip McCormick, Ed Brown, Videki, Infinity, Les Bear ect. ect. ... After a couple gin and tonics and on my iPhone I'm probably missing a few.

You can go personalized as your wallet or dreams will allow.

Function: ... reliability is as good as it gets if it's configured correctly.

Safe!: ... It has 3 safeties ! Main rear, hammer, and thumb.

Accuracy: ... it can be tuned with the best of them if not THE best when you fit the lock up, barrel link, slide to frame, and barrel bushing ( of corse you need a good barrel that likes to shoot ... One made on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday LoL). Every now and then regardless of brand or model one comes right out the box that just shoots ... Well ... Makes you look good for a handgun shooter LoL !

To me it's just what a hand gun is supposed to be. Time has proven that. Polymer companies have made good points and left their mark as of recent in some areas but they lack the stamina. If my great grand kids are talking about the original Glocks in 100 + years then they need to tip their hat to them as well then. For now we have the 1911.

rardoin 04-26-2016 07:14 PM

Just ordered my first 1911 today...a Wilson CQB Elite .45ACP stainless. I can't wait to run this gun. I have several H&K p30's in 9mm and .40 S&W, Beretta's, and the wife has her collection of revolvers but nothing in .45ACP. Now to make some range time!

duckman1911 04-26-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rardoin (Post 793534)
Just ordered my first 1911 today...a Wilson CQB Elite .45ACP stainless. I can't wait to run this gun. I have several H&K p30's in 9mm and .40 S&W, Beretta's, and the wife has her collection of revolvers but nothing in .45ACP. Now to make some range time!

You will not be disappointed.. I didn't start as high end as a Wilson but have a bunch of $ in custom work in mine. Until you shoot it it's hard to describe. I love my Glock. I love my XD but there is something special about a 1911. After the first mag you'll ask yourself why you waited so long.
For lack of a better way to explain it.
You're holding the sexiest woman in the world in your hand and she will do anything you you ask her to.

latravcha 04-27-2016 10:22 AM

I love the way you describe the 1911

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 793541)
You're holding the sexiest woman in the world in your hand and she will do anything you you ask her to.

duckman1911 04-27-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidpuddy (Post 790295)
I love my Oriskany Arms 1911. It's full size. While I don't have thousands of rounds through it...I do have a few.

Attachment 103490

Sweet gun bro. Get some Chip McCormick 10rnd power mags for her. Best mag on the market for the $ imo. I have a few wilson combat 10rnd mags and they get used for backyard shooting only. I don't depend on them. Power mags are cheaper and better in my experience.