SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Corky???? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7537)

Pool Boy 02-08-2010 05:14 PM

Corky????
 
Have recently heard people talking about the Corky. Is this supposed to be a "go to" bait for the Big Lake area?

Looking to try it out, both the lure and the Big Lake....what are the best color/colors for fishing March and April, as that seems to be the time that I will make it to fish. :grinpimp::grinpimp:

cmdrost 02-08-2010 05:48 PM

no....rumors and speculation from the internet.

Topwater or sandeels is all you need for Big Lake.

huntin fool 02-08-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrost (Post 111753)
no....rumors and speculation from the internet.

Topwater or sandeels is all you need for Big Lake.



x2...spook and sand eels=instant fish

Ray 02-08-2010 07:15 PM

I thought the Bomber Long A was "The Lure" for Big Lake...

huntin fool 02-08-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 111767)
I thought the Bomber Long A was "The Lure" for Big Lake...

Depend's on who's boat your in...


If in yours,W's, or speckdaddy's boat, number one bait is shrimp or mullet

Salty 02-08-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 111767)
I thought the Bomber Long A was "The Lure" for Big Lake...


Shhhhhhhhhhhh....it's a secret. :smokin:

"W" 02-08-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pool Boy (Post 111715)
Have recently heard people talking about the Corky. Is this supposed to be a "go to" bait for the Big Lake area?

Looking to try it out, both the lure and the Big Lake....what are the best color/colors for fishing March and April, as that seems to be the time that I will make it to fish. :grinpimp::grinpimp:


Corky is by no means a go to bait............ What is going to be funny is Corkys will hit Academy and sell out in record numbers and then the craze will hault...........It takes too much time and slow fishing for someone looking to load fish............

Most guys who can only fish a few times a month will not have much luck with corky fishing.........

You want to produce fish use Sand Eels or other soft plastic...........

Corkys will be like WHO DAT shirts...........Sell fast and furious to only collect dust for the next 40 years

all star rod 02-08-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 111786)
Corky is by no means a go to bait............ What is going to be funny is Corkys will hit Academy and sell out in record numbers and then the craze will hault...........It takes too much time and slow fishing for someone looking to load fish............

Most guys who can only fish a few times a month will not have much luck with corky fishing.........

You want to produce fish use Sand Eels or other soft plastic...........

Corkys will be like those PURPLE-n-Gold shirts...........Sell fast and furious to only collect dust for the next 40 years


I agree with you 110%!!!!!!!

exspeck big specks 02-08-2010 09:09 PM

Really hard bait to fish, patience is the biggest secret to slow soft twitching baits, catch 2000's and top dogs had this same outrage on big lake years ago and they flutered out. Sand eel's, bull minnow's , and gulp's will put the most fish in the boat.. No doubt

LaAngler 02-08-2010 09:23 PM

i've had days where i twitched a corky from dawk till dusk with maybe one little bump. if that's sounds like fun corkys are for you.

eman 02-08-2010 09:44 PM

Hmmmmmm
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 111836)
i've had days where i twitched a corky from dawk till dusk with maybe one little bump. if that's sounds like fun corkys are for you.

Yep, But that one little bump could turn out to be troutzilla:eek:

huntin fool 02-08-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 111842)
Yep, But that one little bump could turn out to be troutzilla:eek:


Im with bruce on that, I;ve thrown a corky numerous times, and its the most boringest fishing i've done. I rather throw a topwater even though i know it's not the best time for topwater, only b/c corkys are boring. But there is the days when i'm confident in my corky and will throw it the whole day

"W" 02-08-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 111842)
Yep, But that one little bump could turn out to be troutzilla:eek:


but thats why this bait is not a popular bait to guys who spend little time on water.............who that fishes only a few times a month wants to fish all day for one trout and thats if he gets one.......I know guys who fished corky all day and nothing when I stoked them out of my boat and back by 8am

huntin fool 02-08-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 111845)
but thats why this bait is not a popular bait to guys who spend little time on water.............who that fishes only a few times a month wants to fish all day for one trout and thats if he gets one.......I know guys who fished corky all day and nothing when I stoked them out of my boat and back by 8am



:cry::cry::cry:

I rember those 2 days you limited out 2 days in a row, and we waded throwing corkies only catching 10 trout (dinks) one day and nothing the next

Salty 02-08-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 111845)
but thats why this bait is not a popular bait to guys who spend little time on water.............who that fishes only a few times a month wants to fish all day for one trout and thats if he gets one.......I know guys who fished corky all day and nothing when I stoked them out of my boat and back by 8am with a limit of trout that were barely legal

;)

Salty 02-08-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 111843)
Im with bruce on that, I;ve thrown a corky numerous times, and its the most boringest fishing i've done. I rather throw a topwater even though i know it's not the best time for topwater, only b/c corkys are boring. But there is the days when i'm confident in my corky and will throw it the whole day


You say the same thing about a Bomber. :smokin:

LaAngler 02-08-2010 10:04 PM

i just don't get off to catching 13 inch trout, i did that for years on the dock under the light.

huntin fool 02-08-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 111851)
You say the same thing about a Bomber. :smokin:


it aint as slow as a corky

Salty 02-08-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 111853)
it aint as slow as a corky

But, if fished right, just as effective. :cool:

LaAngler 02-08-2010 10:09 PM

some days more so, others, not so much

"W" 02-08-2010 10:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 111852)
i just don't get off to catching 13 inch trout, i did that for years on the dock under the light.


PTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:shaking::shaking::shaking:

Salty 02-08-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 111856)
some days more so, others, not so much

We shall see........:p

Salty 02-08-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 111857)
PTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:shaking::shaking::shaking:


MY GOD!!!!!!!!! Them trout are legal? Is that eel trout or Corky trout?

speckdaddy 02-09-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 111768)
Depend's on who's boat your in...


If in yours,W's, or speckdaddy's boat, number one bait is shrimp or mullet

Oooo that's a low blow. Lol. No beer for you. Bad fool bad fool

Will"E"Fish 02-09-2010 08:47 AM

Would like to suggest looking at another local site of a recent catch on P.B. corky . (HRG)
As alway's you have to have faith in the bait of choice.
Quit whinng and go fishing.

exspeck big specks 02-09-2010 09:11 AM

That's The Truth
 
Boy is that accurate, We waded for 3 hours in knee deep water watching two guide boats fill there boats up with 13 inch trout 150 yards off the bank. We never even thought about it, knew a big girl would come up shallow to eat. I said , " maybe it is getting too late in the year for artificials" then a soft tap, 8lb. trout's head comes up thrashing.. We brought the fish back to the boat to weigh her and take pictures. And those guide boats were well lets say, there jaws were on the floor, then even more when Iet her go. What I love to do, used to pickle pick years ago, just have become drawn to big gator trout!!!


Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 111836)
i've had days where i twitched a corky from dawk till dusk with maybe one little bump. if that's sounds like fun corkys are for you.


cmdrost 02-09-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 111786)
Corky is by no means a go to bait............ What is going to be funny is Corkys will hit Academy and sell out in record numbers and then the craze will hault...........It takes too much time and slow fishing for someone looking to load fish............

Most guys who can only fish a few times a month will not have much luck with corky fishing.........

You want to produce fish use Sand Eels or other soft plastic...........

Corkys will be like WHO DAT shirts...........Sell fast and furious to only collect dust for the next 40 years

Man I hate to admit this publicly....but I agree with W 100% on this!! The majority of fisherman will not like this bait.

Ray 02-09-2010 01:49 PM

I'll wait a couple years and get a good deal on them at Ebay.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted