SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Oysters (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2333)

Big Lake Blondie 08-19-2009 10:15 PM

Oysters

What's everybody's favorite way to eat these bad boys? I'm sitting here watching a show and they are steaming them and wondering if they are good that way...I love them charbroiled...

bay_slayer 08-19-2009 10:19 PM

In a gumbo!!!!!!!!!!! Man I wish it winter time!!!

"W" 08-19-2009 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
RAW

Big Lake Blondie 08-19-2009 10:21 PM

i've had them raw one time and don't like the loogie feeling...:help:

bay_slayer 08-19-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 36099)
RAW

If you eat em raw.....gotta have some lemon and Louisiana Hot sauce.....:smokin:

Big Lake Blondie 08-19-2009 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
with garlic, butter and herbs....yuuuummmmyyyyyy!

IngredientsDirections

1. Heat the grill to med-high.
2. Melt butter with garlic and pepper in a large skillet.
3. Mix Parmagiano and Romano cheeses in a small bowl.
4. Spoon some of the melted butter mixture onto each oyster.
5. Add a pinch of the combined cheese to each oyster, add a pinch of parsley.
6. Place oysters on the grill.
7. Grill oysters until they are hot, bubbly and puffed, about 8 minutes.

express07 08-19-2009 10:28 PM

I love them steamed w/ a little bit of butter. Cook out that Hepatitis C and the added aphrodisiac effect. Crank it up.

Montauk17 08-19-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 36106)
with garlic, butter and herbs....yuuuummmmyyyyyy!

IngredientsDirections

1. Heat the grill to med-high.
2. Melt butter with garlic and pepper in a large skillet.
3. Mix Parmagiano and Romano cheeses in a small bowl.
4. Spoon some of the melted butter mixture onto each oyster.
5. Add a pinch of the combined cheese to each oyster, add a pinch of parsley.
6. Place oysters on the grill.
7. Grill oysters until they are hot, bubbly and puffed, about 8 minutes.

Never really liked oysters much but that looks and sounds great! might have to give it a try...

Hebert 08-20-2009 07:36 AM

I like em raw with a shot of hot sauce, squeeze of lemon and on a cracker... we have the best tasting oysters here in panama city.... Appalachicola oysters...

Jordan 08-20-2009 08:38 AM

grab it outta the mud... take a knife... shuck and suck !!!! (thats what she said... lol)

Big Lake Blondie 08-20-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montak17 (Post 36109)
Never really liked oysters much but that looks and sounds great! might have to give it a try...

My friend and I don't like raw oysters, but when we go to New Orleans and they are in season, the boys get at least half a dozen with every meal...We saw these one day and thought we'd give them a try, cuz we knew if we didn't eat them, the guys would...They didn't have to...We ended up getting about 3 dozen between the 2 of us...Soooooo good!!! Now every time we go, if they are on the menu, we get them...:D

Yer_Corks_Under 08-20-2009 09:44 AM

Wraped in bacon rolled in cornmeal then deep fried.

CatDaddy 08-20-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 36149)
My friend and I don't like raw oysters, but when we go to New Orleans and they are in season, the boys get at least half a dozen with every meal...We saw these one day and thought we'd give them a try, cuz we knew if we didn't eat them, the guys would...They didn't have to...We ended up getting about 3 dozen between the 2 of us...Soooooo good!!! Now every time we go, if they are on the menu, we get them...:D

You should try the charbroiled oysters from Blacks Oyster Bar in Abbeville LA.... Jike eating bite-sized ribeyes..

meaux fishing 08-20-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lake Blondie (Post 36149)

Next time you go to New Orleans go to Jaeger's on Clearview Pkwy best grilled oysters around there....

Big Lake Blondie 08-20-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 36196)
Next time you go to New Orleans go to Jaeger's on Clearview Pkwy best grilled oysters around there....

I'll definately try there...we usually go to Acme...they don't make anything bad there...:D

cajunman7925 08-20-2009 01:26 PM

The absolute best charbroiled oysters are at Drago's in New Orleans

Jordan 08-20-2009 01:47 PM

oysters are good any way u cook 'em .... or even raw... mmmmMMmmmmMmm.... gotta find me somma dem bad boy's !!!

Big Lake Blondie 08-20-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajunman7925 (Post 36221)
The absolute best charbroiled oysters are at Drago's in New Orleans

yup...have to agree...:work:

Big Lake Blondie 08-20-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 36230)
oysters are good any way u cook 'em .... or even raw... mmmmMMmmmmMmm.... gotta find me somma dem bad boy's !!!

you changed the name...I got confused...:*****:

express07 08-20-2009 02:48 PM

Phare's in Lafayette (It's where Baraca's used to be) has them fire grilled. Not sure what night of the week, but they have some special on them. Very good.