SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I need help (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15373)

longcast 12-15-2010 10:33 PM

I need help

My wife wants a gun to fit in a handbag. She wants it to be tiny. If necessary it needs to be concealed in her pocket. I want it to be a nice gun that won't give her any troubles. Something that will knock a man on his *** and inable him from getting back up.

longcast 12-15-2010 10:35 PM

Sorry. Disable.

meaux fishing 12-15-2010 10:46 PM

glock 27

LaAngler 12-15-2010 10:49 PM

How much shooting has she done? Maybe a lady smith in .38? Glock 26?

Take her to a range and let her pick the one she likes the best, maybe she can rent and shoot a few.

here's a good article to read...

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/ayoob63.html

meathauler 12-15-2010 10:55 PM

baby glock

ShadMan 12-15-2010 11:03 PM

Smith and Wesson airweight .38 hammerless revolver. No need to **** it, lightweight, and foolproof. My father got one for his wife and it is awesome...perfect for keeping in a purse or dropping in a pocket.

I carry a little Bersa .380 occasionally when I want something I can drop in a pocket and I can't wear an ankle or SOTB holster, but it's a little heavier and not quite as easy to use as a revolver.

Montauk17 12-15-2010 11:23 PM

Like I said on the phone....compact .40! Pack some heat son

speck-chaser 12-15-2010 11:50 PM

Check out Kahr, they makes a small little 40 cal.

LPfishnTIM 12-16-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 212523)

kahr is a good cc gun, I've had the bersa didn't care for it and it stove piped at least 15 times the first 100 rds I put threw it, cleaned it up shot another couple hundred rounds didn't have one problem, sold it bought a springfield subcompact 9mm (good gun) later got rid of that for a glock 22. I've had two 38 special revolver snub nose good reliable guns sold them for more than what I bought them for. Got a glock 19 personally this one is my favorite, low recoil, small enough to conceal but big enough to do the job if needed!

LPfishnTIM 12-16-2010 12:35 AM

as far as the baby glock fans, everyone that shoots them ends up wanting the next size up, I don't care for them! TELL YOUR WIFE TO BUY A BIGGER PURSE AND BUY HER A 500 S&W!!!!!

meaux fishing 12-16-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM (Post 212529)
as far as the baby glock fans, everyone that shoots them ends up wanting the next size up, I don't care for them! TELL YOUR WIFE TO BUY A BIGGER PURSE AND BUY HER A 500 S&W!!!!!

:shaking: my sister has two baby glocks and loves em one in .40 and one in .45

meaux fishing 12-16-2010 01:39 AM

Jason if you can make it to Lafayette I am good friends with the manager of Barneys shooting range. Im sure I can get him to let you try some out, especially if you are gonna buy one. Ill have to call him and see what he has available to shoot.... just let me know

simplepeddler 12-16-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 212507)
How much shooting has she done? Maybe a lady smith in .38? Glock 26?

Take her to a range and let her pick the one she likes the best, maybe she can rent and shoot a few.

here's a good article to read...

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/ayoob63.html

Good advice here, but I have to admit.........I am no fan of Glock.

I carry the Sig P238..........it is similar to a Colt "Mustang" that is no longer made, baby 1911.

if she is not really familiar with weapons pistols in particular, revolver is the way to go.

I wished I could get my bride to carry.......she is just too afraid.

longcast 12-16-2010 10:39 AM

My wife has s good bit of shooting experience. She has a s&w 9mm. I think she just wants a new gun. I'm ok with that. Thanks for the info and Meaux I will be in touch with u. Thanks my sc brothers.

setdahook 09-11-2011 01:28 PM

kel-tec .380 very small can even put a clip on it like on a knife for carrying in pocket.

jdm4x43732 09-11-2011 01:54 PM

When traveling mine keeps my Judge with her. She doesn't have to be a marksman with 4.10 shells. Still kinda bulky but it usually stays in the console of vehicle on trips.

Finfeatherfur 09-12-2011 09:28 AM

For personal protection, a hammerless revolver is the way to go. Mine carries the Judge also when traveling, but that does not work well in a purse do to it's size/weight.

I will not let her carry a .380 no matter who makes the gun! - Picked up to many democrats that were gut shot w/ a .380 and were more or less just "walking wounded" when we got there. Sure, they needed surgery, but they were still walking around gut shot and when my wife is getting attcked, I want to make sure he stays down after the shot. Lady Smith in .357 w/ JHP.

Dink 09-12-2011 10:08 AM

Lady smith.....is that the hammerless airweight revolver? Its got pink handle!!

"H" 09-12-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplepeddler (Post 212578)
Good advice here, but I have to admit.........I am no fan of Glock.

I carry the Sig P238..........it is similar to a Colt "Mustang" that is no longer made, baby 1911.

if she is not really familiar with weapons pistols in particular, revolver is the way to go.

I wished I could get my bride to carry.......she is just too afraid.

Simple, I have both of these guns. The Colt Mustang is a great little piece but it will not shoot the new "personal protection" rounds.
I bought the Sig P238 about 6 months ago, a sweet little gun.
I carry the sig most days but if i go out at night I carry 45 auto with the crimson trace laser light and an extra clip. Must have equipment when you live in Baton Rouge.

Like the poster said before the S&W light weight hamerless 38 revolver is just about as good as it gets for the ladies.

JDd 09-25-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 212510)
Smith and Wesson airweight .38 hammerless revolver. No need to **** it, lightweight, and foolproof. My father got one for his wife and it is awesome...perfect for keeping in a purse or dropping in a pocket.

I carry a little Bersa .380 occasionally when I want something I can drop in a pocket and I can't wear an ankle or SOTB holster, but it's a little heavier and not quite as easy to use as a revolver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 212523)

3 good choices.

I would recommend the new Kahr CM9