SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   1-29-11 Bass Fishing/Pearl River (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16311)

LPfishnTIM 01-29-2011 08:49 PM

1-29-11 Bass Fishing/Pearl River

3 Attachment(s)
Went fishing this a.m., Headed over to pearl river to catch some bass. Started my adventure by fishing some pilings which yielded a few small fish and a nice 4 pound bucketmouth, man was I excited after catching catching a nice fish so early. After wearing one spot out, Me and my friend left to fish in the marsh (which was a great decision), we started fishing runout to run-out trying to catch some fish, the third stop we made we start catching a bass every 2-3 cast, after fishing one spot for 45 minutes I catch another bucketmouth which weighed 3lds 10oz. we fished that spot till we wore it out, then went to the next run out. Now I'm at a different runout, but same story lots of fish and after we catch all the little suckers then big momma bites and I catch another bass in the 3-4ld range. It was a great day to fish today, unfortunately this wasn't a tournament day for me, it was a pure pleasure fishing trip. ended up catching about 30-40 bass today.

Caught and released most fish, I kept a few for dinner, but threw most back because there full of eggs right now. I'm looking forward to more good fishing trips the next couple months during the spawn.

meaux fishing 01-29-2011 09:09 PM

nice looking green trout

PaulMyers 01-29-2011 09:15 PM

Good job dude and thanks for the report.

BLUE 01-29-2011 10:32 PM

ant nothin wrong wit dem green trout ! good report !

Salty 01-29-2011 11:02 PM

Nice job, man. Where bouts you fishin' on Pearl?

LPfishnTIM 01-30-2011 06:11 AM

in the water!, lower and upper black bayou, fished the east pearl by the boat launch. it was no secret where the fish where, there was a boat at every runout, the fish where in the middle of the canal didn't catch any on the bank, caught most in 10-15ft of water. most people's boats were on top of the fish and only caught small bass in the canals, I was up against the bank on the opposite side of the runouts in some canals and cast toward the runout side and slowed down when I got to the middle of the canal.

Country Boy 01-30-2011 02:21 PM

Nice catch there, thats a good day of fishing!

SaltyShaw 01-30-2011 04:19 PM

Not a thing wrong with that!! Great catch!!

Salty 01-30-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM (Post 224503)
in the water!, lower and upper black bayou, fished the east pearl by the boat launch. it was no secret where the fish where, there was a boat at every runout, the fish where in the middle of the canal didn't catch any on the bank, caught most in 10-15ft of water. most people's boats were on top of the fish and only caught small bass in the canals, I was up against the bank on the opposite side of the runouts in some canals and cast toward the runout side and slowed down when I got to the middle of the canal.

Just wonderin' since the Pearl runs right through Bogalusa. I'm not familiar with where you're talkin' about, tho.

LPfishnTIM 01-30-2011 11:33 PM

south almost to lake borgne, how is the fishing up there?

Salty 01-30-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM (Post 224689)
south almost to lake borgne, how is the fishing up there?

It'll bust loose sometime in February. River has been super low this winter. We need some water in the pits.

LPfishnTIM 01-31-2011 12:07 AM

yeah it was super low saturday morning

wtretrievers 01-31-2011 08:04 AM

Pretty fish.....those river bass are chunks

muttmechanic 02-02-2011 12:52 PM

if you saw two college aged kids pokin around in a 14ft flat that was us. We went further south and only caught them off the banks like you said.