SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Breakfast sausage ???? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65537)

lil bubba 09-23-2016 07:31 PM

Breakfast sausage ????

I make my own fresh and smoke sausage and would like to try some breakfast sausage . Would anyone know a good seasoning blend for like 5# at a time ??? Regular or sage....

casmurf 09-24-2016 06:52 AM

here is the one I use.

had to make up a new batch of breakfast sausage seasoning, and I follow a recipe by weight:

8 oz. salt
2 oz. black pepper
1 oz. sage
put in Ziploc and shake thoroughly, then use 1/2 oz. per lb. of meat.

here is another
8oz Kosher salt
2oz Sage (rubbed)
1.5oz brown Sugar
1.25oz Black Pepper
.75oz White Pepper
USE .5oz per lbs of meat

smooth move 09-24-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casmurf (Post 807448)
here is the one I use.

had to make up a new batch of breakfast sausage seasoning, and I follow a recipe by weight:

8 oz. salt
2 oz. black pepper
1 oz. sage

here is another
8oz Kosher salt
2oz Sage (rubbed)
1.5oz brown Sugar
1.25oz Black Pepper
.75oz White Pepper
USE .5oz per lbs of meat

the 2nd one is like the recipe i use. i like the brown sugar in there. when you make it up, only make about a pound at first and test fry a small patty to sample, then adjust from there.

Cappy 09-24-2016 10:54 AM

Taste is all different but to me what makes it breakfast tasting is the sage. We make ours kinda spicy cause das how we like it and use Steens instead of sugar. A yankee friend brought some he made down it was ok but made with a bit too much maple syrup and very bland.

lil bubba 09-24-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casmurf (Post 807448)
here is the one I use.

8 oz. salt
2 oz. black pepper
1 oz. sage

here is another
8oz Kosher salt
2oz Sage (rubbed)
1.5oz brown Sugar
1.25oz Black Pepper
.75oz White Pepper
USE .5oz per lbs of meat

Sounds simple enough . Basically what I tried once on my own but my ratio's were way off...Thanks ......

Pat Babaz 09-24-2016 04:14 PM

I just mix the ground venison 50/50 with a Kroger brand or cheaper version of Owens breakfast pork sausage and add in some Tex Joy old fashioned sausage season(it's got alot of sage) and some red pepper to taste.

lil bubba 10-08-2016 06:20 PM

Well I try'ed some LEM seasoning. It said 2 1/2 teaspoon to pound . I put 3 and its great.... Ordered some Hot Italian also and used 3 teaspoon to pound ....Perfect for me...My wife ate it without complaining so it's definitely not hot....Got a pork tenderloin stuff with some for the smoker , got to wait till later on during the week though...150 person jambalia tomm. for church family day tomm. ..Big dinner for my K.C. tuesday....

SigNate 10-08-2016 07:34 PM

Not to stray but Cabella's brand sausage seasonings is pretty damn good.
I hope stuff like that doesn't change with the selling to Bass Pro.

meaux fishing 10-08-2016 07:44 PM

I made a sage maple syrup wild duck/pork belly sausage one time that was out of this world good. Let me see if I can find the recipe