SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $150.00 Reward (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20499)

fishin 07-05-2011 03:36 PM

$150.00 Reward

cash reward for anyone that can find my rod and reel west side of turners about 100 yards off of ship channel. Curado 300e with a shimano crucial 7' medium heavy rod. slipped out my hand and went in last night. its in about 7 feet of water above an oyster bed. tried divin down for it and just came up with bloody hands.

fishin 07-05-2011 03:37 PM

the sad part is i wasnt even drinking

BaseballFisherman 07-05-2011 04:00 PM

You might as well take that $150.00 and put it towards another Curado. I once dropped a rod and reel in the ship channel (Curado on a Waterloo, Yikes!!) and actually ended up catching it about 30 minutes after I dropped it.....I don't know what the chances of that are but I do know that after that reel sat down there for only 30 minutes, it was ruined. Cleaned it up real good and everything but it was just never the same. Good luck though I hope someone finds it!

jchief 07-05-2011 04:15 PM

Drink next time, that way you have an excuse.

Sorry to hear it.

About where at in Turners. By the bouy, etc?

Raymond 07-05-2011 04:53 PM

I'll see your $150 and raise $50 if anyone finds my waterloo/curado.
It should be 250-300 yards east of the 210 bridge on the southside of the ship channel. Dental impression on the waterloo sticker will confirm ownership or atleast that's how it works on CSI Miami.;)

Zachary Boy 07-06-2011 08:37 AM

Several years ago I bought this gadget for pulling up big fish when pier or bridge fishing. It is a big treble hook with lead around shank and big eyelet to tie 1/4" rope to. It has retrieved 2 rod/reel combos although that was not what it was designed for. Best $10 I ever spent. It works good on sandy/mud bottoms but probably would not work on oyster beds. Sorry about your misfortune.

Gerald 07-06-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 280552)
I'll see your $150 and raise $50 if anyone finds my waterloo/curado.
It should be 250-300 yards east of the 210 bridge on the southside of the ship channel. Dental impression on the waterloo sticker will confirm ownership or atleast that's how it works on CSI Miami.;)

No telling what a diver could find along that part of the river!

I dropped [first time ever] a Curado about a 1/2 mile from there this spring when I was hurrying to get the net for my daughter's fish.

I got out my 2" size trebble hook and about 5 minutes latter was back fishing with the rod. Water was about 8 foot deep. I was so happy.... I did not care if I caught another fish that day.

SaltyShaw 07-06-2011 01:16 PM

Damn man hate to hear that happened! Good luck trying to find it, don't think the reel will ever be the same again though.
On the plus side now you can save up for the new model Curado coming out!

copperbass 07-07-2011 07:34 AM

Everyone should carry a "Cheap" aluminum fish stringer in their boat for just this purpose. Tie the chain to your line, open all the snap hooks on the stringer and go to dragging.

Being aluminum, if you get hung on oysters, rocks, junk etc. the snap hooks will straighten out with 20# test line...Been using this set-up to retrieve rods and reels since I was a guide on Toledo Bend back in '69 and used it all over the world since...It works!!!

huntin fool 07-07-2011 07:39 AM

Never dropped a rod... I threw a rod at a Jet skier and actually hit him.. Mofo came and sprayed me.. So I threw my rod and hit him.

jchief 07-07-2011 07:47 AM

Just put a floatie on it.

PaulMyers 07-07-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 281760)
Just put a floatie on it.

Jude, that's hard to do after its in the water. :rofl: ;)

Sent from my EVO

FISHMEATSAUCE 07-07-2011 08:44 AM

Someone needs to design a rod with a built in floatie. maybe make the handle a floatie bc its crazy how many people lose rod and reel combos. i accidently hooked my cruxis with a clarus rod when throwing a poppin cork setup at josephs harbor on mothers day. i was lucky to retrieve it after tying on 3 jigheads below one another. would have been very dissappointing to lose this rod not bc its expensive but bc i actually got skunked that day.

wtretrievers 07-07-2011 08:45 AM

I'm sure the helium filled float!!! ;)

MossLake 07-07-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 281758)
Never dropped a rod... I threw a rod at a Jet skier and actually hit him.. Mofo came and sprayed me.. So I threw my rod and hit him.

Should've cast your lure and HOOKED him!!

weedeater 07-07-2011 11:09 AM

Buddy of mine dropped a rod with brand new curado on the river awhile back and the cork in the handle kept the end of the rod just at the surface, he was very lucky but it seems like it would be simple to put enuff cork in a handle to do this on all rods.

fishin 07-07-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 281899)
Buddy of mine dropped a rod with brand new curado on the river awhile back and the cork in the handle kept the end of the rod just at the surface, he was very lucky but it seems like it would be simple to put enuff cork in a handle to do this on all rods.

I've thrown a couple of clarus rods (full cork hand) in and they do float. I found out the hard way that split handle cork does not float

fishin 07-07-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISHMEATSAUCE (Post 281798)
Someone needs to design a rod with a built in floatie. maybe make the handle a floatie bc its crazy how many people lose rod and reel combos. i accidently hooked my cruxis with a clarus rod when throwing a poppin cork setup at josephs harbor on mothers day. i was lucky to retrieve it after tying on 3 jigheads below one another. would have been very dissappointing to lose this rod not bc its expensive but bc i actually got skunked that day.

All rods over $100 should float and or be equipped with gps

yak'em-n-stack'em 07-07-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtretrievers (Post 281799)
I'm sure the helium filled float!!! ;)

hahahahahaha
i was just about to say that