SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LAS Mag bringin in the idiots (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7169)

huntin fool 01-26-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reel Bender (Post 106684)
Why buy, when we alls ya got to do is follow.

Now, if you had some big girl locations that might be worth buying.

But does he? No so continue with your potlicking :smokin:

Jordan 01-26-2010 10:13 PM

Salty 01-26-2010 10:15 PM

I'll bid $200 for the GPS...you can keep the dink reefs.

youmyboyblue 01-26-2010 10:15 PM

I guess I will be one of the "Idiots" b/c I am fishing big lake in March. Why?? b/c I fish my local area 11 months out of the year and enjoy trying new areas. LaAngler, If you don't like, don't fish by me. But to call others "idiots" that want to fish a certain area pisses me off.

PS- if any of you guys ever want to fish LAke ponc, Delacroix, Empire let me know. Not only will I not call you an idiot I will give you solid reports to help you out the best I can.

Reel Bender 01-26-2010 10:15 PM

I guess potlicking it is. But during the tourney, I think I will potlick someone that catches decent size fish. Maybe Sunday, I'll potlick him to fill the chest with dinks.

fishinpox 01-26-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossHog (Post 106631)
Think about how yall would fell if u spent countless hours learning that lake trying to find good spots away from the crowds to avoid problems. You find them spots out in the middle of nowhere then joe blow pulls up on you wide open shuts down on top of you and starts pushing his gps buttons. Next thing you know next week theres 10 boats there. All your hardwork down the drain cause somebody seen you where they never seen a boat fish before and just had to get them cordinates cause they know they got it with the push of a button.

welcome to America! i have worked very hard to build my business and skills in my line of work, there are 1000's of other people that do what i do in baton rouge, oh well i just do it better, faster, and more efficient. i get my prices under cut everyday by hacks sure i may lose 1 job to them but when they fk up that house guess who they call to fix it. look at it that way if the "secret" spots are such good producing spots for big trout then the average person will either 1) scare the fish out of there b4 they even wet a line or 2) trow a poppin cork with a dead shrimp to try to catch a trophy trout. my point it most will get frustrated and leave those spots alone if they don't produce in 10 min. unless they are dink school trout hang outs and if that is the case who gives a **** those spots are a dime a dozen in any coastal bay system in Louisiana.

huntin fool 01-26-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reel Bender (Post 106693)
I guess potlicking it is. But during the tourney, I think I will potlick someone that catches decent size fish. Maybe Sunday, I'll potlick him to fill the chest with dinks.

I can just hook ya up with bruces and salty's spots. Im sure they wont mind :smokin:

Salty 01-26-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youmyboyblue (Post 106692)
I guess I will be one of the "Idiots" b/c I am fishing big lake in March. Why?? b/c I fish my local area 11 months out of the year and enjoy trying new areas. LaAngler, If you don't like, don't fish by me. But to call others "idiots" that want to fish a certain area pisses me off.

PS- if any of you guys ever want to fish LAke ponc, Delacroix, Empire let me know. Not only will I not call you an idiot I will give you solid reports to help you out the best I can.

Y'all wanna see fishin' pressure.....? Geaux to Oak River on a cold winter mornin'. Looks like a Mardi Gras parade on water.

youmyboyblue 01-26-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 106696)
Y'all wanna see fishin' pressure.....? Geaux to Oak River on a cold winter mornin'. Looks like a Mardi Gras parade on water.

with most of them doing the "Oak river Troll"

huntin fool 01-26-2010 10:19 PM

Full house tonight
And by the way, im sure it'll get mentioned in this thread before long..

The whole croaker soaker subject, i relized the other day thats getting old..Do what ya gotta do to catch fish, big deal if you threw a livey. Either way that trout is going to get catched and released into grease, so big Whoop.

Salty 01-26-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youmyboyblue (Post 106697)
with most of them doing the "Oak river Troll"

:*****:

This was back before that.

fishinpox 01-26-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 106696)

:amen: the islands in the summer, the causeway in the fall/spring , hwy 11 the list is endless bunch of bellyachers

Salty 01-26-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 106699)
Full house tonight

The whole croaker soaker subject, i relized the other day thats getting old..Do what ya gotta do to catch fish, big deal if you threw a livey. Either way that trout is going to get catched and released into grease, so big Whoop.

Here we geaux, again. :spineyes:

youmyboyblue 01-26-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 106700)
:*****:

This was back before that.

so it used to be even more crowded than it is now?

Salty 01-26-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 106701)
:amen: the islands in the summer, the causeway in the fall/spring , hwy 11 the list is endless bunch of bellyachers

I quit fishin' the islands in Black Bay because everybody ran the big trout off.

Salty 01-26-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youmyboyblue (Post 106704)
so it used to be even more crowded than it is now?

I haven't been to Oak River since Katrina but, yeah, it was bad.

longsidelandry 01-26-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 106699)
Full house tonight

That's the way I look at it. I don't get to fish nearly enough to worry about how I put fish in the boat. If they wanna bite on plastics that's fine with me but if they tearing up some live bait then guess what's going on my hook!! And if they biting on dead shrimp......FISH ON!!!!!!!! :*****:

Reel Bender 01-26-2010 10:24 PM

I wish they would quit wasting my favorite fish as bait. No wonder there are not as many of them for me to eat any more.

huntin fool 01-26-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 106702)
Here we geaux, again. :spineyes:

:*****::*****: Well heck i figured it was an appropriate time...we already went from magazines, to watches,to prices on gps, so now to croaker soakers

Montauk17 01-26-2010 10:24 PM

I think sharing info is great,its all about having a good time on the water anyways. On another note I agree that most people on the water don't have a clue and are very rude. This is the main reason I prefer to fish for redfish,i can't stand to fish around a bunch of people almost casting into your boat. I don't mind sharing the water but when im on a school of trout and someone comes hauling azz with there outboard and starts fishing and wonders why there not catching and leave 5 mins later. Cypremort point area is REALLY bad in the fall when the trout are inside,sometimes it looks like you can jump boat to boat.