SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LAS Mag bringin in the idiots (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7169)

catch.and.fillet 01-27-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 106476)
big lake is already small enough without this outfit drawing maps to our already crowded community holes.....:pissed:

The public's been able to buy better maps for Big Lake and Sabine Lake from Academy for years with reefs marked, GPS tables, best time to fish trout, reds, boat launch and bait shop info. Forget the name but they claim they're "waterproof". They're not.

IMO, I think the economy affects fishing on Big Lake more then anything. We're bound to come out of this recession and when we do, people will be buying more boats, etc. I predict you'll start seeing jetskis at the weirs pretty soon, or yo-yo's.

Ray 01-27-2010 09:46 AM

Them maps don't have Bruces spots marked, yet.

Salty 01-27-2010 09:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by catch.and.fillet (Post 106846)
The public's been able to buy better maps for Big Lake and Sabine Lake from Academy for years with reefs marked, GPS tables, best time to fish trout, reds, boat launch and bait shop info. Forget the name but they claim they're "waterproof". They're not.

IMO, I think the economy affects fishing on Big Lake more then anything. We're bound to come out of this recession and when we do, people will be buying more boats, etc. I predict you'll start seeing jetskis at the weirs pretty soon, or yo-yo's.

Yo-Yo's are already there.....:smokin:

longsidelandry 01-27-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 106853)
Yo-Yo's are already there.....:smokin:

:*****::*****::*****: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

catch.and.fillet 01-27-2010 10:02 AM

Figured I'd get Salty or Fool to bite... this is almost as much fun as fishin' with swimps!

Salty 01-27-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catch.and.fillet (Post 106862)
Figured I'd get Salty or Fool to bite... this is almost as much fun as fishin' with swimps!

Couldn't resist.

jsmoke222000 01-27-2010 10:55 AM

Ok so let me get this straight:

If you don't ever post any reliable information on a certain location to fish - You are an idiot because you don't know how to fish.

If you post a map of the lake with a few well known spots such as long point or the old jetties - You are an idiot because you don't know squat about the lake & everyone knows those spots. (Even though this is actually going to keep them off of your secret holes)

If you tell people to go to the weirs to catch reds - You are an idiot because it takes no talent to catch reds @ the weirs. (Even though this is actually going to keep them off of your secret holes)

If you post GPS coordinates to a current hotspot that not everyone knows about - You are an idiot for telling people about the secret spot.

All the GPS Coordinates in W's GPS unit won't do the average joe a damn bit of good. Alot of things factor in to fishing those spots. Weather conditions such as temp, wind speed, wind direction, salinity level, tide direction, ect all factor in to when certain spots will produce fish.

Guides & professional anglers do not come to this site, my site or LAS for fishing tips. The pros study the area & take notes of certain patterns. These websites are for the average joe, weekend warriors if you will.

If you want to keep someone off of your secret hole & keep them from pulling up to you & marking your spot, put them on fish somewhere else that holds alot of fish year round (THE WEIRS!!!).

JUST MY $0.02

yak'em-n-stack'em 01-27-2010 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This thread makes me like this

adamsfence 01-27-2010 11:02 AM

that's funny right there

jsmoke222000 01-27-2010 11:04 AM

yak'em-n-stack'em *****!

Jordan 01-27-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmoke222000 (Post 106870)
Ok so let me get this straight:

If you don't ever post any reliable information on a certain location to fish - You are an idiot because you don't know how to fish.

If you post a map of the lake with a few well known spots such as long point or the old jetties - You are an idiot because you don't know squat about the lake & everyone knows those spots. (Even though this is actually going to keep them off of your secret holes)

If you tell people to go to the weirs to catch reds - You are an idiot because it takes no talent to catch reds @ the weirs. (Even though this is actually going to keep them off of your secret holes)

If you post GPS coordinates to a current hotspot that not everyone knows about - You are an idiot for telling people about the secret spot.

All the GPS Coordinates in W's GPS unit won't do the average joe a damn bit of good. Alot of things factor in to fishing those spots. Weather conditions such as temp, wind speed, wind direction, salinity level, tide direction, ect all factor in to when certain spots will produce fish.

Guides & professional anglers do not come to this site, my site or LAS for fishing tips. The pros study the area & take notes of certain patterns. These websites are for the average joe, weekend warriors if you will.

If you want to keep someone off of your secret hole & keep them from pulling up to you & marking your spot, put them on fish somewhere else that holds alot of fish year round (THE WEIRS!!!).

JUST MY $0.02

if you dont like it... go back to ur oWn site !!

LaAngler 01-27-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 106878)

X2 peace out

my point is just this, what if LSM mag drew a map to your duck pond in lacassine refuge? what if they published gps coordinates to your fav. tree in tensas??????

would that be right?

why is a lake any different?

adamsfence 01-27-2010 11:16 AM

what is this about is this in the new issue or the piece about the wier.... I'm lost

jsmoke222000 01-27-2010 11:19 AM

Does anyone have a link to this map?

My point is simply this. Someone told someone over @ LAS about those spots. That is how they got on the map.

The day W & I went fishing out of the 10 spots we fished, 8 of them were already in my GPS. I haven't been back to the 2 spots that weren't because I don't have a clue when to fish them.

LaAngler 01-27-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmoke222000 (Post 106892)
Someone told someone over @ LAS about those spots.

yep it's calling selling out for a little publicity

jsmoke222000 01-27-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

How about staying off of LAS site & stop paying attention to what they print in their magazine! The information gathered here is obviously far superior to any other site on the internet.

jsmoke222000 01-27-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

yep it's calling selling out for a little publicity
Who did it?

Jordan 01-27-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmoke222000 (Post 106896)
How about staying off of LAS site & stop paying attention to what they print in their magazine! The information gathered here is obviously far superior to any other site on the internet.

how about, if u didnt sell out to SC and create your own website and pulling information off LAS and this site to make your website somewhat good, and actually pay attention to THIS site... you would know... someone other than ME posted the link to the LAS that had the write-up about the weirs.... jsmoke, i aint got no beef with anyone. **** gonna hit the fan, let me grab my umbrella.

Oh and another thing.... u telling me to stay off other websites ?? U pay my bills, i'll listen to you.... its people like you who think their the **** because they have their own websites... ur website is absolute trash can garbage.... im not dissing you.... but it pisses me off when people TELL me what to do.... like i said PODNUH... if you dont like it... PM shadman and tell him to delete your account.... Rant over... nuff said !!

jsmoke222000 01-27-2010 11:43 AM

Ok.

ATTENTION SALTYCAJUN MEMBERS!!!

IF YOU WANT TO CATCH A LIMIT OF REDFISH IN 10 MINUTES GO TO THE WEIRS & USE LIVE BAIT!!!

Now the cat is out of the bag!

Incase you don't know where the weirs are, here are the GPS coordinates:

1st Weir -N29 55.560/ W93 14.456

2nd Weir -N29 53.669/W93 13.997

3rd Weir (Grand Bayou) -N29 51.758/W93 14.210

4th Weir (Lamberts Bayou) -N29 50.939/W93 14.858

5th Weir -N29 50.358/W93 19.246

LaAngler 01-27-2010 11:47 AM

http://i39.tinypic.com/23m7tjd.jpg