SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   alligator and swimp boudin....... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55369)

lil bubba 08-03-2014 03:34 PM

alligator and swimp boudin.......

1 Attachment(s)
Made some gator n swimp boudin today for the first but not last time......nice to have friends in low places........

mriguy 08-03-2014 05:54 PM

Hell yea

papap 08-04-2014 03:50 AM

I made a lot of boudin. Been wanting to try my hand at some seafood boudin. Any chance in you sharing recipe?

lil bubba 08-04-2014 07:27 AM

My first time for seafood also and it came out great.

3 pounds gator cubed 1 inch. Fat removed. 2 cups peeled shrimp , 3 cups wouldn't have hurt nothin. 2 cups rice before being cooked. Cook n drain rice , put on side to cool. Mix shrimp n gator and spread out in pan. Season to taste with red , black pepper, salt. 1/2 tbl. thyme Mix and grind and spread back out in pan. Appx. 1/2 cup dry shallot , dry parsley , dry mince onion. Add rice and 1/2 cup water and mix well . stuff. I made 5-6 inch links so they don't split when cooking and poked fork hole in middle.

To cook I boiled 1/2 to 3/4 pot water in 12 qt. pot with 1/2 cup liquid zaterains crab boil and boiled links about 15 minutes. Then took out and put a clean bbq. rack on top pot , reduced heat and steamed about 20 minutes . Probly don't need to cook that long but i don't like taking chances.

I would think redfish or drum could be added in or replace gator or shrimp but i had gator n swimp so thats what i used.

PS- the old crow goes down good with this also .

Tjethro85 08-04-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papap (Post 711547)
I made a lot of boudin. Been wanting to try my hand at some seafood boudin. Any chance in you sharing recipe?

I've made shrimp and crawfish before. I usually make an étouffée dressing kind of like you would for stuffed chickens. Tastes pretty good.

Tjethro85 08-04-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil bubba (Post 711569)
My first time for seafood also and it came out great.

3 pounds gator cubed 1 inch. Fat removed. 2 cups peeled shrimp , 3 cups wouldn't have hurt nothin. 2 cups rice before being cooked. Cook n drain rice , put on side to cool. Mix shrimp n gator and spread out in pan. Season to taste with red , black pepper, salt. 1/2 tbl. thyme Mix and grind and spread back out in pan. Appx. 1/2 cup dry shallot , dry parsley , dry mince onion. Add rice and 1/2 cup water and mix well . stuff. I made 5-6 inch links so they don't split when cooking and poked fork hole in middle.

To cook I boiled 1/2 to 3/4 pot water in 12 qt. pot with 1/2 cup liquid zaterains crab boil and boiled links about 15 minutes. Then took out and put a clean bbq. rack on top pot , reduced heat and steamed about 20 minutes . Probly don't need to cook that long but i don't like taking chances.

I would think redfish or drum could be added in or replace gator or shrimp but i had gator n swimp so thats what i used.

PS- the old crow goes down good with this also .

This sounds pretty tasty