SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Jared Allen Spear+Elk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7366)

SULPHITE 02-02-2010 11:56 AM

Jared Allen Spear+Elk

longsidelandry 02-02-2010 12:40 PM

Holy crap!!! That is awesome!

bay_slayer 02-02-2010 12:44 PM

cool

Dink 02-02-2010 01:31 PM

That's awesome!!! Its all in the haircut!!!

specktator 02-02-2010 02:03 PM

what a beast! though if that was in the wild and not high fenced that elk wouldnt have never been that close!

Hier Soir 02-02-2010 05:39 PM

Uncle Ted will be jealous :spineyes:

Country Boy 02-02-2010 07:10 PM

yea well he has a lot of free time right now.lol

MallardFish 02-02-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 109345)
what a beast! though if that was in the wild and not high fenced that elk wouldnt have never been that close!

Who cares....that dude KILLED an elk with a f-ing spear...Thats sweeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

specktator 02-03-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MallardFish (Post 109431)
Who cares....that dude KILLED an elk with a f-ing spear...Thats sweeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Haha I know. Def not downgrading that! Dude is a beast! He should have lassoed it and hog-tied it!

catch.and.fillet 02-03-2010 12:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 109345)

:shaking:
Not in my buddies Colorado neighborhood of Evergreen....can you imagine: Up on your deck bbq'ing, enjoying a cold one and a good stogie at the end of the day and a nuisance elk comes eatin' in your flower bed.... SHHHHHHP!.....fresh backstrap for the barbie!

specktator 02-03-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catch.and.fillet (Post 109639)
:shaking:
Not in my buddies Colorado neighborhood of Evergreen....can you imagine: Up on your deck bbq'ing, enjoying a cold one and a good stogie at the end of the day and a nuisance elk comes eatin' in your flower bed.... fresh backstrap for the barbie!

wow thats frickin awesome. i wish i could see something like that. where i hunt in colorado. the 2nd year i went i killed a nice 7x6. then killed few cows the next year and one small bull the next few years. then in 2008 we went and i didnt even see an elk. not one person in our group fired a shot! i bet i walked 20 miles on that trip too. those darn elk. we didnt even go this past year b/c it was so bad. then the landowner sends my dad pics of all the monsters they killed this past season. unbelievable. but seriously, where they are pressured, i have seen huge bulls scale a 90 degree rock wall like it was nothing. they are truly an amazing animal. sorry jared allen i didnt mean to jock your spearing feat. that was def incredible.

longsidelandry 02-03-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 109640)
wow thats frickin awesome. i wish i could see something like that. where i hunt in colorado. the 2nd year i went i killed a nice 7x6. then killed few cows the next year and one small bull the next few years. then in 2008 we went and i didnt even see an elk. not one person in our group fired a shot! i bet i walked 20 miles on that trip too. those darn elk. we didnt even go this past year b/c it was so bad. then the landowner sends my dad pics of all the monsters they killed this past season. unbelievable. but seriously, where they are pressured, i have seen huge bulls scale a 90 degree rock wall like it was nothing. they are truly an amazing animal. sorry jared allen i didnt mean to jock your spearing feat. that was def incredible.

That's something I definately wanna do, go on a good elk hunt and take a nice bull. I've already informed my wife and told her that after we build our house I want to start putting money into a special savings that will only be used to go on big trips when we have kids, only things like an elk hunt in Colorado, duck hunting in Canada and a fishing trip in Costa Rica.

specktator 02-03-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 109641)
That's something I definately wanna do, go on a good elk hunt and take a nice bull. I've already informed my wife and told her that after we build our house I want to start putting money into a special savings that will only be used to go on big trips when we have kids, only things like an elk hunt in Colorado, duck hunting in Canada and a fishing trip in Costa Rica.

we have a meeting thurs night about trying to schedule an elk hunt for next year. if u interested i can get u some info. will prob have room. tell u what the last 3 years i have gone duck hunting in mexico and its unbelievable. last year in one hunt with 4 hunters, me my dad and 2 buddies, we shot 93 pintails in one hunt!

longsidelandry 02-03-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 109643)
we have a meeting thurs night about trying to schedule one next year. if u interested i can get u some info. tell u what the last 3 years i have gone duck hunting in mexico and its unbelievable. last year in one hunt with 4 hunters, me my dad and 2 buddies, we shot 93 pintails in one hunt!

Thanks but it'll be a few years before I can do something like that. Just bought a lot and will be building a house within the next year.

supercajun 02-03-2010 10:23 PM

http://www.huntingwithspears.com/ the best spear hunter in the world

specktator 02-03-2010 10:46 PM

I would like to get one of
those spears just to
mess with. I been shootin a recurve bow. Almost confident enough with it to leave the compound at the house.

Asterisk-Rich 02-04-2010 01:26 AM

id definitely throw the spear better than you , hence the name

Firesafety3 02-27-2010 10:33 PM

Dude, that is badass! I used to work with some guys from North Dakota that hunted bear with spears.

I think I'll start with nutria first.

Salty 02-27-2010 10:45 PM

Too bad he couldn't spear the Breeze. :rolleyes: