SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Where are the ducks? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62615)

tucan 12-15-2015 07:23 PM

Where are the ducks?

Scouted Sabine today, it looked like a ghost town, going to be a lonely duck season here in the heel of the boot of southwest louisiana.:pissed:

PEACEKEEPER 12-15-2015 07:34 PM

Wow! ThANKS FOR POSTING THIS REPORT! I JUST LOST MY HUNTING SPOT OF 8 YEARS HERE IN LACASSINE TO THE LANDOWNERS RELATIVES WHO DECIDED THEY WANT TO HUNT THE LAND. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GO BACK TO THE MARSH HUNTING. GUESS MY YEAR IS OVER. GOOD LUCK FINDING THE BIRDS.

cmcnabb 12-15-2015 07:44 PM

They ain't in Lacassine either. The day the North wind blew hard and it was cold it was good hunting, and that was the only good day out there. Ain't looking good out there at all

all star rod 12-15-2015 08:02 PM

Only saw about 100 (mostly teal) at my lease South of Kaplan. Very few geese in the area to.

DaPointIsDaBomb 12-15-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tucan (Post 781760)
Scouted Sabine today, it looked like a ghost town, going to be a lonely duck season here in the heel of the boot of southwest louisiana.:pissed:

Reverse psychology. I have been wanting to try Sabine and might do it now. May do a little blast and cast on big lake if those weirs are closed If weirs are open just catch those skinny fish

Feesherman 12-15-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 781772)
Reverse psychology. I have been wanting to try Sabine and might do it now. May do a little blast and cast on big lake if those weirs are closed If weirs are open just catch those skinny fish

Weirs always closed during duck season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

huntin fool 12-15-2015 10:40 PM

This season sucks. Point blank. Averaging 7-9 birds a day.
Finally had a good growth of vegetation in the marsh, and we get hit with high water and hot weather. I dread going back to work this split. Rather stay fishing everyday than hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat Babaz 12-15-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEACEKEEPER (Post 781765)
Wow! ThANKS FOR POSTING THIS REPORT! I JUST LOST MY HUNTING SPOT OF 8 YEARS HERE IN LACASSINE TO THE LANDOWNERS RELATIVES WHO DECIDED THEY WANT TO HUNT THE LAND. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GO BACK TO THE MARSH HUNTING. GUESS MY YEAR IS OVER. GOOD LUCK FINDING THE BIRDS.

They kicked you off in the middle of the season... man that's sorry. Hopefully it wasn't a lease.... Gotta love it when the landowner's relatives all of a sudden decide they want to be duck hunters. They probably seen a few dead ducks on Facebook and thought they'd give it a whirl.

Baychamp1 12-15-2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 781772)

Maybe Hillary can stop this global warning, roll u a snowball & get u sum ducks. What u think?

huntin fool 12-16-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychamp1 (Post 781796)
Maybe Hillary can stop this global warning, roll u a snowball & get u sum ducks. What u think?

Michelle Obama can do it for all I care. Maybe even put some added flavor to the snow ball for me.

B-Stealth 12-16-2015 01:19 AM

I'm calling Bull**** to Sabine and Lacassine not holding birds, if you can't kill birds there your doing something wrong.

We have a good front coming and the water has dropped we will have new birds and the old birds will have settled down a bit. I'm pumped about opening weekend.....and hoping on some good weather for the rest of the split.

Duck Butter 12-16-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 781793)
This season sucks. Point blank. Averaging 7-9 birds a day.
Finally had a good growth of vegetation in the marsh, and we get hit with high water and hot weather. I dread going back to work this split. Rather stay fishing everyday than hunting

Look on the bright side, you get paid to hunt

rardoin 12-16-2015 10:16 AM

Google U.S. snowcover and select current date. The answer to 'lack of ducks' question will be readily apparent.

Spunt Drag 12-16-2015 10:19 AM

It's DU's fault.

B-Stealth 12-16-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 781812)
It's DU's fault.

Dude how can you say it's DU's fault, it's verily clear the Oyster Fisherman have ruined duck season.

cmcnabb 12-16-2015 12:44 PM

Its going to be cold for 2 days then back up in the 70s. Thats not a "good front". Unless we have a serious climate change above us it wont be a great year. It is what it is

Bluechip 12-16-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcnabb (Post 781820)
Its going to be cold for 2 days then back up in the 70s. Thats not a "good front". Unless we have a serious climate change above us it wont be a great year. It is what it is

Agreed......

Feesherman 12-16-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 781813)
Dude how can you say it's DU's fault, it's verily clear the Oyster Fisherman have ruined duck season.

Obviously it's because of da weirs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

huntin fool 12-16-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 781805)
Look on the bright side, you get paid to hunt

You do have a valid point there. I'm going to blame this season on T-Tops. Seems like a reasonable excuse

AubreyLaHaye458 12-16-2015 06:09 PM

I blame DU for closing the weirs and CCA for the lack of ducks!