SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Kincaid??? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52968)

sledgehammer 04-28-2014 07:02 AM

Kincaid???

Ok guys I have a tournament coming up in a few weeks , has any one ever fished Kincaid lake? And can you point me in the right direction such as colors, presentations, baits, and where to start searching ? Thanx for any info guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-Bass2mouth 04-28-2014 07:47 AM

Fished a tourney there last year in February, all I can say is capitalize on every bite you get. Cuz there more than likely wont be many lol. Good looking lake though, pretty fair water clarity. Caught our few fish on square bills, and broke off on a decent bite flipping a paca craw around grass mats. Weighed in 3 fish. We stayed on the southwest fork of the lake. I would say that area is your best bet.

BassAssasin 04-28-2014 08:11 AM

ive heard swimbaits can produce well up there

jpeff31787 04-28-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassAssasin (Post 685123)
ive heard swimbaits can produce well up there

I'd just go for the reaction bite. Find grass throw frogs or hit some good looking banks with KVDs sexy dog. Some reason that bait produces in clear water. Other than that, I'd fish slow with some flukes, wackies or something like that. Square bills doesn't sound like a bad idea either, that can be good reaction bait.

AubreyLaHaye458 04-28-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 685131)
I'd just go for the reaction bite. Find grass throw frogs or hit some good looking banks with KVDs sexy dog. Some reason that bait produces in clear water. Other than that, I'd fish slow with some flukes, wackies or something like that. Square bills doesn't sound like a bad idea either, that can be good reaction bait.

If you find good grass and have some sun I would definitely throw that fluke weightless and work it fast. Like a topwater walking the dog.

mako1 04-28-2014 10:11 AM

lot of coves on the east side of the lake. stumps everywhere. i live bout 20 min from there. never had much luck esp this time of year. prolly need to go find a creek somewhere. ive heard of them cathing them by dam. deep water out there with creeks and humps.

sledgehammer 04-28-2014 11:14 AM

Awsome

duckman1911 04-28-2014 06:44 PM

I dont really fish there but I used to hunt there. If you have a map find valentine lake rd. The far west end of the lake crosses under a bridge on that road. Tons of grass beds above and below the surface. There is also a small creek running into the lake right there. The mouth of the creek is right at the bridge. Not sure if the actual creek is accessible anymore. Been a while since I've duck hunted or frogged there. If you can squeeze in there and hug the right bank there is a small pass that goes back into the brush and opens up for about a half acre. We called it the gator hole. Its a nice open hole with scattered cypress trees. Water in the hole is ranging from 3-5' deep. Hope that helps you bro. Good luck

duckman1911 04-28-2014 06:45 PM

Oh yeah. Forgot to tell you, that lake is full of freaking jackfish.

BassAssasin 04-28-2014 08:30 PM

Jackfish???

AubreyLaHaye458 04-28-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassAssasin (Post 685386)
Jackfish???

Pike

BassAssasin 04-28-2014 08:58 PM

Thanks! I kinda thought that. Just never heard em called jack fish before

duckman1911 04-28-2014 09:26 PM

Pike, jackfish, crankbait and spinnerbait thieves. They fight hard but are a pain in the azz.

sledgehammer 04-28-2014 10:38 PM

Thanx for all the info guys I really appreciate it and yea jack fish caught me off guard the first time I heard it from a guy at Indian creek , I was like huh!! 😕Jack fish "saltwater"? Lol

jpeff31787 04-29-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sledgehammer (Post 685414)
Thanx for all the info guys I really appreciate it and yea jack fish caught me off guard the first time I heard it from a guy at Indian creek , I was like huh!! 😕Jack fish "saltwater"? Lol

Lol I thought the same thing, then that's all I wanted to catch to see what it was.. Couple weeks later I realized I've been catching them the whole time...

C-Bass2mouth 04-29-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman1911 (Post 685372)
I dont really fish there but I used to hunt there. If you have a map find valentine lake rd. The far west end of the lake crosses under a bridge on that road. Tons of grass beds above and below the surface. There is also a small creek running into the lake right there. The mouth of the creek is right at the bridge. Not sure if the actual creek is accessible anymore. Been a while since I've duck hunted or frogged there. If you can squeeze in there and hug the right bank there is a small pass that goes back into the brush and opens up for about a half acre. We called it the gator hole. Its a nice open hole with scattered cypress trees. Water in the hole is ranging from 3-5' deep. Hope that helps you bro. Good luck

^^^ This area ya best bet.

PEACEKEEPER 04-29-2014 10:23 AM

I have an uncle that lives in Elmer and he fishes there often. He suggested using watermelon blue colored baits. He said look for grass and ditches with patches of grass throwing flukes or wacky in above color. If you throw a crankbait he suggested throwing the bluegill bandit in the 200 series.

Catch 04-29-2014 01:13 PM

I live close by and fish there often. Agree with recommendation on west end grass beds.

Kincaid and Indian Creek get a bad rap as far as bass fishing. I even heard one biologist say it was because both lakes are nutrient poor, and so fish production is low. But the standing crops of bass in both lakes are still decent, about 30 lbs/acre. As for the pike - chain pickeral to be exact - they eat real good if you know how to filet around the bones.

Fireman443 04-30-2014 07:50 PM

I heard the banjo minnow works like a charm on that lake, along with the mighty bite!

sledgehammer 04-30-2014 08:46 PM

Lol what about the mighty bite o or a helicopter lure