SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   any crab news from the Rock? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66849)

cajun bill 04-24-2017 02:24 PM

any crab news from the Rock?

Looking to take a bud there on Thursday so he can bring some crabs back with him to Atlanta. I figure many peeps were out crabbing last week with the Easter holidays so just looking for some general intel for the Joseph's Harbor area.

Let um land 04-24-2017 04:00 PM

Crabs

Went Saturday just before lunch. Stayed about 4 hrs. Caught 6 crabs. It was horrible. Some people had been there all day and had a few dozen. Shrimp where small and few.

cajun bill 04-24-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Let um land (Post 819242)
Went Saturday just before lunch. Stayed about 4 hrs. Caught 6 crabs. It was horrible. Some people had been there all day and had a few dozen. Shrimp where small and few.

Was that during/after the front? That might've given them lockjaw.

Let um land 04-24-2017 06:16 PM

Front

Before, front didn't hit till later that night. Cooked steaks at the camp in shorts, woke up Sunday and need pants and a jacket. Pre front with moving tide and decent temp's should have been a good day.

shellman 04-24-2017 08:35 PM

I took some Veterans crabbing for Hero hunts last Friday and it was very slow but Managed few dozen for them.Lots of boats everywhere due to spring break.But this week school is back so should not be so crowded .Good luck Cajun Bill.

cajun bill 04-24-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellman (Post 819263)
I took some Veterans crabbing for Hero hunts last Friday and it was very slow but Managed few dozen for them.Lots of boats everywhere due to spring break.But this week school is back so should not be so crowded .Good luck Cajun Bill.

First of all, thank you for giving my fellow vets an opportunity to experience the outdoors. Second, thanks for the update. I'll post after I go this week.

wardog11 04-25-2017 11:18 AM

Hero Hunts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellman (Post 819263)

Hey Shellman, I tried to pm you. But I don't know if it went through. Do you have more info on the hero hunts. I would like to maybe help or donate to that cause.

shellman 04-25-2017 11:59 AM

Hero Hunts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardog11 (Post 819312)
Hey Shellman, I tried to pm you. But I don't know if it went through. Do you have more info on the hero hunts. I would like to maybe help or donate to that cause.

Check your pm. www.herohunts.org

bullcroaker 04-25-2017 02:32 PM

Went Friday. One crab for three hours. Before the front.

cajun bill 04-27-2017 08:59 PM

went today, a limit of nice crabs with a bonus of 10 lb limit of small shrimp.