SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   4/17/10 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9601)

jpeff31787 04-17-2010 07:55 PM

4/17/10

4 Attachment(s)
I went with my dad and good friend shawn today to big lake. Launched at Cal Point looked for birds around turners with pretty much no luck so we fished some current lines, picking up a few here and there. So we decided to go give Jordans spot a try and on our way we spotted a pretty flock of birds with only ONE boat on it. So i went WAYYY the F around it more than W's 400yards and stopped about 200 yards away then let the wind and trolling motor get it closer. We got their and the guy who "wasn't trying to be an *******" politely told us at first that we threw a big wake, which i couldn't understand how, so i apologized politely. Then he went on and on and on and on and on until the point that we got pissed off and told him OKAY WE GOT IT!!! (I never saw or felt our wake, we aren't idiots we're on some body of water every weekend)... oh yeah he was a "guide" and didn't think himself as a butthole but definitely was. He must of stayed on the phone the next 15 minutes probably calling his "guide" friends to ask where the fish are. Some "guide" huh??? lol Anyway we caught a few there also even tho my wake spooked them off. Douchebag. Dude chapped me lol Long story short we fished the warm flats around the lake picking up some nice fish. I caught my two personal best that i believed to be around 7.5 lbs cuz of my offbrand boga. Had bigtroutadvisory weigh them on their true boga only weighed over 6lbs. Made my stomach hurt that i had killed those fish after i tried keeping them alive all day in the live well. O and i hooked that big red and let my friend reel it in, which was probably more fun than it would of been for me reeling him in. He doesn't get the chance as often so i figured i'd let him tango with a big red. After all a very fun day. And sorry i had to kill those pretty fish... i nearly let them go too. Had them in the water working them back whenever i was convinced to keep and mount them. Sorry for the long read also but i hope you enjoyed it. The waders could of caught some monsters today i bet

fishmaster911 04-17-2010 08:03 PM

NICE trout !

jpeff31787 04-17-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmaster911 (Post 140961)
NICE trout !

lol appreciate it man!! The first one actually jumped out the net back into the water while she was over the boat.... Scared the living crap out of me!!!!

fishmaster911 04-17-2010 08:15 PM

Haha ! If we go tag trout one day I'm riding with u !

BayBolt23 04-17-2010 08:24 PM

Damn nice feesh Jeremy! It looked smooth out there today. Looks like I missed a good day on the water. Work sucks!

jpeff31787 04-17-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmaster911 (Post 140964)
Haha ! If we go tag trout one day I'm riding with u !

heck yeah man.. That'd be awesome!!

I'm a sport fishing guy not a hungry fisherman i promise. It killed me to keep those fish. I would of thrown that big red back too, but my friend reeled it in and it was his fish so i let him decide

jpeff31787 04-17-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayBolt23 (Post 140967)
Damn nice feesh Jeremy! It looked smooth out there today. Looks like I missed a good day on the water. Work sucks!

it was pretty smooth in the earlier morning but it seemed like right whenever i caught my first big trout it picked up pretty good.

all star rod 04-17-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 140958)
I went with my dad and good friend shawn today to big lake. Launched at Cal Point looked for birds around turners with pretty much no luck so we fished some current lines, picking up a few here and there. So we decided to go give Jordans spot a try and on our way we spotted a pretty flock of birds with only ONE boat on it. So i went WAYYY the F around it more than W's 400yards and stopped about 200 yards away then let the wind and trolling motor get it closer. We got their and the guy who "wasn't trying to be an *******" politely told us at first that we threw a big wake, which i couldn't understand how, so i apologized politely. Then he went on and on and on and on and on until the point that we got pissed off and told him OKAY WE GOT IT!!! (I never saw or felt our wake, we aren't idiots we're on some body of water every weekend)... oh yeah he was a "guide" and didn't think himself as a butthole but definitely was. He must of stayed on the phone the next 15 minutes probably calling his "guide" friends to ask where the fish are. Some "guide" huh??? lol Anyway we caught a few there also even tho my wake spooked them off. Douchebag. Dude chapped me lol Long story short we fished the warm flats around the lake picking up some nice fish. I caught my two personal best that i believed to be around 7.5 lbs cuz of my offbrand boga. Had bigtroutadvisory weigh them on their true boga only weighed over 6lbs. Made my stomach hurt that i had killed those fish after i tried keeping them alive all day in the live well. O and i hooked that big red and let my friend reel it in, which was probably more fun than it would of been for me reeling him in. He doesn't get the chance as often so i figured i'd let him tango with a big red. After all a very fun day. And sorry i had to kill those pretty fish... i nearly let them go too. Had them in the water working them back whenever i was convinced to keep and mount them. Sorry for the long read also but i hope you enjoyed it. The waders could of caught some monsters today i bet

About the WAKE, that is the typical BIG LAKE crap. You can pass 1/4 mile from someone and you can see them throw their arms up in the air. When they do that, I throw up mine showing the bird. BTW, if this person would of told me that, I would of told them to GO F-OFF!:D This is the only place this crap happens. I know this, if someone would tell me this BS on the lake I would tell him or he this is PUBLIC WATERS. BL has the most cry babies....PERIOD. I would not worry about it.

Ray 04-17-2010 09:01 PM

Nice fishes. Good job.
When they talk crap, just keep on fishing. Don't acknowledge they are there much less let them know you heard them.
It pizzes them off even more.

"W" 04-17-2010 09:06 PM

Nice. Fish...... But also remember that one boat per flock....and he was there first..so if you take a chance to fish with another boat your taking a 50% chance of getting told something.

speck-chaser 04-17-2010 09:42 PM

nice fish Jeremy, I been getting the itch really bad,just got work stacked up right now,but Im due to make a run. Heard about some trout being caught in the bay this week. Water in weeks bay is pretty right now,and salty to boot. Glad you got on em today.

LaAngler 04-17-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 140981)
Nice. Fish...... But also remember that one boat per flock....and he was there first..so if you take a chance to fish with another boat your taking a 50% chance of getting told something.

i saw 3-4 boats on a flock today

nice fish btw!!!!

Opinions_Vary 04-17-2010 09:46 PM

At V.Bay we have no opportunity to fish the birds alone... you deal with 4-5 boats on one flock... Awesome catch man... I would've done the same thing you did... Plenty of fish to go around and us "weekend warriors" have to get-um when and where we can.

Salty 04-17-2010 09:47 PM

Nice fish, dood. Can I post this pic on 2cool.they'll love it. :rolleyes:

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/atta...1&d=1271552102

LaAngler 04-17-2010 09:48 PM

oh and you may want to weigh them on a third boga, not sure BTA's is correct either :work:

"W" 04-17-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opinions_Vary (Post 140995)
At V.Bay we have no opportunity to fish the birds alone... you deal with 4-5 boats on one flock... Awesome catch man... I would've done the same thing you did... Plenty of fish to go around and us "weekend warriors" have to get-um when and where we can.

If you see a Black Boat on a set on Big Lake.:D.......And others try to join.....I will crank and run them over.(fish that is)........ You can no way possible fish 4-5 boats on a set of birds you cant fish 3 on a set............2 is pushing it.....

My rule on bird fishing this year..........If someone messes my fish up...Then no one catches on that Group........Cant take the idiots anymore....just too crazy.......Once all us guys start cranking up on birds when guys try to crumb snatch.....they will learn the hard way

slick143 04-17-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 140981)

That's bull ****

Country Boy 04-17-2010 10:34 PM

that's some real nice trout.... congrats, i agree with ASR they got a few cry babys out there, you told him you was sorry and he still kept on running the mouth you should have done a couple circles around his boat to give him a real reason to complain.

"W" 04-17-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick143 (Post 141010)
That's bull ****

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

slick143 04-17-2010 10:35 PM

That's some nice speck's. Congrats