SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New additions to the forum! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3846)

ShadMan 10-09-2009 07:42 PM

New additions to the forum!

1.) I've installed a "Cash" system here that rewards users for contributing to the forums, referring members, etc., and takes cash away for infractions and other negative actions. ;) The next couple weeks will be a testing phase for it to make sure it is calculating properly. After that, I plan to install a store of sorts where you can purchase certain things using your cash. In addition, I plan to hold raffles where you can buy raffle tickets with your cash and the prize will be real...maybe a gift certificate, rod, etc....heck, maybe even a TV if it works the way I hope it will.

2.) I've added the Premium Member functionality, and put a link that says "Go Premium!" in the navigation bar at the top of the forum. The cost for premium membership will be $6/month or $50/year. Premium membership gets you more cash on the forum (more chances in the raffle ;) ), a much bigger PM box, use of custom title and signature, a bold green username, use of Invisible mode, a larger avatar and profile picture size limit, and a bunch of other additions that I can't remember off the top of my head.

3.) I've added the ability to add logos for your favorite professional and college (NCAA) sports teams in your profile that will show on your post. I thought it might be a fun addition. :) To change yours, go into your UserCP, click on Edit Your Details on the left, and select your favorite teams at the bottom of the profile screen.

Y'all let me know if you see any issues with any of these, such as pictures not showing correctly, cash not showing up, etc.

More upgrades and enhancements coming soon! :cheers:

Dink 10-09-2009 08:14 PM

Part of the premium membership should be that I can ban a person for 1 hour if they say something I don't like!!! It could be a fun add on.............just a thought.......Tim

fishinpox 10-09-2009 08:15 PM

thanks for all the hard work!!

ShadMan 10-09-2009 08:17 PM

On SaltyTexan I had a program called "BanHammer" where you could pay to try and ban someone via a roll of the dice. It was pretty fun for a while. :)

Dink 10-09-2009 08:18 PM

I'll give you 5dollars and 7cents for a Banhammer!!!!!

huntin fool 10-09-2009 08:20 PM

Could we use our cash and go premium?

thanks shad.

-i wont be posting much anymore, so i was just wondering..

Mediumheavyaction6'6 10-09-2009 08:23 PM

you are the man shadman thanks for making this sight awesome

Dink 10-09-2009 08:24 PM

HEY!!!! My sig now says Senior Member!!! Does that mean I can't get it up???

Having sex at 90 is like shooting pool w/ a rope........(George Burns)

huntin fool 10-09-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 59180)
HEY!!!! My sig now says Senior Member!!! Does that mean I can't get it up???

Having sex at 90 is like shooting pool w/ a rope........(George Burns)

your's says black drum too!?!

and mine says bull red.

Dang why we in the "drum family"

blackmamba 10-09-2009 08:32 PM

sweet shadman keep it up.

Can we order decals and shirts now? If not, let me know when.

ShadMan 10-09-2009 08:33 PM

I was making some adjustments on the User Titles. I think I've got them sorted now.

ShadMan 10-09-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmamba (Post 59185)
sweet shadman keep it up.

Can we order decals and shirts now? If not, let me know when.

I think "W" has shirts and decals. You might PM him and ask if he still has any or if he has an order coming up.

Dink 10-09-2009 08:51 PM

I've got 235 bucks!! I can get a billystix!!!

Red Devil 10-09-2009 08:52 PM

Hey Shad, can you elaborate a little more on how we earn cash. All i ever do is shoo the breeze and I got 340. Not sure how that happened.

ShadMan 10-09-2009 08:55 PM

You get some just for becoming a member, some for posting, some for just reading the forum, etc. There are about 100 different options to earn or lose cash. The actual point values for each are secret to keep people from becoming cash whores. :)

bay_slayer 10-09-2009 08:56 PM

yeah i'm curious about the cash thing too

Red Devil 10-09-2009 08:58 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, nice touch on the cash whore thing.

Red Devil 10-09-2009 08:58 PM

I'm Green baby!!!! WOOT WOOT

huntin fool 10-09-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadMan (Post 59194)
You get some just for becoming a member, some for posting, some for just reading the forum, etc. There are about 100 different options to earn or lose cash. The actual point values for each are secret to keep people from becoming cash whores. :)

i dont wanna be a cash hore or nothing...but....i got more post then some people, and they got more cash than me..??

guess thats when the point thingy comes in?

longcast 10-09-2009 09:02 PM

BROKE

I AM BROKE.thanks shad i think these are great ideas.how to i go about paying for premium membership.i am saltycajun all the way.