SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Da River (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18736)

SaltERedneck 05-20-2011 10:49 AM

Da River

Myself, Marsh Boy, Keith Thibodeaux, and a buddy of ours are hitting up the river tomorrow morning for a little brotherly competition. West Fork's the area of interest. Nothing like a little money to motivate the guys to catch some GREENIES. hope to have a good report by noon tomorrow. After dats said and done... Marsh Boy and I will be out in the White Oak area fishing the outgoing marsh channels. Hope everyone has a safe weekend and dont let the winds get you down guys.

RODBENDER 05-20-2011 04:33 PM

Passed over Lake Charles this afternoon and noticed the tide was really high!\

huntin fool 05-20-2011 04:38 PM

I live on the west fork.. water is very high right now... 30 mph south wind= high water

mcjaredsandwich 05-20-2011 06:03 PM

Yep, passed over the 210 bridge today, at least half of the parking lot at 210 launch was inundated at one point. Rough as heck too.

Hydro 05-20-2011 07:30 PM

Speaking of "marsh channels", is the one just south of the 171 bridge private ??? There are posted signs every 50' down that thing...

Thanks,
Hydro

scott craft 05-20-2011 08:51 PM

From what I understand the little burns are private.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

huntin fool 05-20-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydro (Post 256154)
Speaking of "marsh channels", is the one just south of the 171 bridge private ??? There are posted signs every 50' down that thing...

Thanks,
Hydro

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott craft (Post 256227)
From what I understand the little burns are private.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Every cut leading into the little burns is private.. Stay out of my back yard please lol.
:grinpimp::grinpimp:

In all seriousness, we just hung 2 no trespassing signs on the double culverts,

SaltERedneck 05-20-2011 09:11 PM

I say "marsh channels" and all i mean by that is the water that runs outta the marshs after the tide moves. when the water moves out the bait fish stack up and the bass sit and wait.

huntin fool 05-20-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 256248)
I say "marsh channels" and all i mean by that is the water that runs outta the marshs after the tide moves. when the water moves out the bait fish stack up and the bass sit and wait.

Ill be out there tomorrow. like usual.. got a club tourney

2ndamendment 05-20-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 256242)
Every cut leading into the little burns is private.. Stay out of my back yard please lol.
:grinpimp::grinpimp:

In all seriousness, we just hung 2 no trespassing signs on my double culverts,

What?

huntin fool 05-20-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndamendment (Post 256262)

What?

The double culverts on the side of my house? My neighbor hung no trespassing signs. The canal is private. It gets old telling people not to go in there and them not listening.

2ndamendment 05-20-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 256266)
The double culverts on the side of my house? My neighbor hung no trespassing signs. The canal is private. It gets old telling people not to go in there and them not listening.

Thinking you were referencing the doubles under SPFR.

huntin fool 05-20-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndamendment (Post 256269)
Thinking you were referencing the doubles under SPFR.

I am

Jedi Lure Tricks 05-20-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 255963)
Myself, Marsh Boy, Keith Thibodeaux, and a buddy of ours are hitting up the river tomorrow morning for a little brotherly competition. West Fork's the area of interest. Nothing like a little money to motivate the guys to catch some GREENIES. hope to have a good report by noon tomorrow. After dats said and done... Marsh Boy and I will be out in the White Oak area fishing the outgoing marsh channels. Hope everyone has a safe weekend and dont let the winds get you down guys.

good luck out there guys! you'll hafta let me know how you like that new lew's speed spool!

me and longcast are goin over to sabine in the am to see if it's still stupid over there. :D

Hydro 05-21-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 256248)

Yes, understood...

I was more or less asking about all of these "private" canals without gates on them... I lived in Stephensville for years on a "private" canal, but without gating it there was no real way of keeping people out, legally... That said, any canal posted as being private was off limits for tournaments...

Thanks