SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What ar some good informative fishing books (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45352)

LadyFishKiller 06-27-2013 07:52 AM

What ar some good informative fishing books

Looking to for real informative books on specs and reds. Books that discuss the life cycle of the fish, and their patterns. Really trying to start fishing alot and I just want to learn as much as I can about these fish so that I know when and where to go looking for them vs. fishing random spots with random baits. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just started reading Trout Masters Too yesterday.

Sightwindow 06-27-2013 08:24 AM

Trout masters the original is pretty good. Horst gets way too much into the personal stuff and loves the sight of his words in descriptive prose, but there's some good info to be had.

Specks by Todd Masson is a good one as well.

Dink 06-27-2013 08:37 AM

Has Kevin Ford written a book yet? That's what I'd get!!

I make oil 06-27-2013 09:07 AM

I like Kevin Ford. He's funny and a nice guy. He should write a book I'd buy it.

swamp snorkler 06-27-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFishKiller (Post 598623)
Looking to for real informative books on specs and reds. Books that discuss the life cycle of the fish, and their patterns. Really trying to start fishing alot and I just want to learn as much as I can about these fish so that I know when and where to go looking for them vs. fishing random spots with random baits. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just started reading Trout Masters Too yesterday.

You killing me with that avatar:*****:

wishin i was fishin 06-27-2013 09:38 AM

Redfish by Pete Cooper is a good one.
the trout masters are good as well. Alot of info.

there is another one, the fishermans bible, i cant seem to find but i have it at my house.

Duck Butter 06-27-2013 09:44 AM

'13 reefs of Turners Bay'
'Wiers are stupid and destroy my fisheries'
'25 or bust'

are all written by an author named W, they are more of a comedy than anything and some of the spellings are aweful but they are good books to keep by the toilet:rotfl:

Smalls 06-27-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 598681)
'13 reefs of Turners Bay'
'Wiers are stupid and destroy my fisheries'
'25 or bust'

are all written by an author named W, they are more of a comedy than anything and some of the spellings are aweful but they are good books to keep by the toilet:rotfl:

Typo? Don't you mean, IN???

Duck Butter 06-27-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalls (Post 598745)
Typo? Don't you mean, IN???

:rotfl:

cyclerj 06-27-2013 02:23 PM

I have and find myself going back and re-reading it often. You can pick one up at Pack and Paddle in Lafayette. "The Fisherman’s Tackle Box Bible combines Frank Davis’ down-home humor with lots of basic information on inshore saltwater fishing. Learn how to fish points and pockets. Learn about lure selection. Learn when to use a popping cork and when to tightline. Learn about rigging for live bait. And much, much more."

Ditto on Pete Cooper... another local guy with a few books out.