SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Proposed new zones for 2016-2017 duck season (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61933)

seachaser250 11-06-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 778115)
Delta and DU are not competing organizations. DU is much larger than Delta and has the capacity to get on the ground work done. DU is able to quadruple the money with matching. Instead of $1 million going to breeding grounds, there is $4 million. Very low overhead for a non-profit also.

I never said they were competing. I'm active in the Delta Organization and have a DU membership.

DU will do a lot of good with that money. I just think Delta should be given the opportunity to demonstrate what they can do as well.

Duck Butter 11-06-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seachaser250 (Post 778116)
I never said they were competing. I'm active in the Delta Organization and have a DU membership.

DU will do a lot of good with that money. I just think Delta should be given the opportunity to demonstrate what they can do as well.

Not sure if it happened this year again, but I know DU and Delta both gave proposals to the commission a while back as to what they would do with the duck stamp money and DU blew them out the water with their proposal, which is why they got it. Don't think they are allowed to split the money.

meaux fishing 11-06-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgoods17 (Post 778112)
please tell me why the intercoastal waterway is not the north boundary of the coastal zone?

these zones are unreal...

My guess would be that because there is a decent amount of tidal marsh north of the intracoastal

seachaser250 11-06-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 778118)
Not sure if it happened this year again, but I know DU and Delta both gave proposals to the commission a while back as to what they would do with the duck stamp money and DU blew them out the water with their proposal, which is why they got it. Don't think they are allowed to split the money.

The commission could have awarded some of the money to Delta. I know Delta did submit a proposal and it didn't get blown out of the water. Delta does significant work that helps ducks and duck hunters. Not saying DU doesn't, as I've said before they do a lot of good work as well.

Top Dawg 11-06-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 778115)
Delta and DU are not competing organizations. DU is much larger than Delta and has the capacity to get on the ground work done. DU is able to quadruple the money with matching. Instead of $1 million going to breeding grounds, there is $4 million. Very low overhead for a non-profit also.

Hahaha. Non profit.

Duck Butter 11-06-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seachaser250 (Post 778120)
The commission could have awarded some of the money to Delta. I know Delta did submit a proposal and it didn't get blown out of the water. Delta does significant work that helps ducks and duck hunters. Not saying DU doesn't, as I've said before they do a lot of good work as well.

No doubt they do good work, but DU is getting 4x matching funds. Hard to compete with that

Drake321 11-06-2015 09:49 AM

What will be the proposed dates for geese since there is different zoning now?

Smalls 11-06-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seachaser250 (Post 778116)

I think the problem for Delta is that they don't have near the support that DU does down here. That might sound strange, but DU is probably more recognizable down here first of all. And DU at least does some work in Louisiana, something that I don't believe Delta does.

I support both, because I think both do good work. But I think Delta is going to get its support from people that believe the breeding grounds is where all the money should be going, and not everyone feels that way.

cgoods17 11-06-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 778119)
My guess would be that because there is a decent amount of tidal marsh north of the intracoastal

the amount of tidal marsh north of the intercoastal is a drop in the bucket compared to rice fields south of hwy 14.

Smalls 11-06-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake321 (Post 778124)
What will be the proposed dates for geese since there is different zoning now?

Date's will not be proposed until January I believe.