SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Other sites (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69044)

Stdjas55 01-31-2019 08:18 PM

Other sites

Are there any other sites for all us fisherman to congregate, looks like no one post here anymore

smooth move 01-31-2019 09:20 PM

DosFrios and Pensacola Fishing Forum are pretty active.

redaddiction 01-31-2019 09:56 PM

Facebook groups have killed the old school forum websites. It's one stop shopping for everything you want.

TidewateR 02-01-2019 09:29 AM

true...between FB groups and instgram, forums have slowed a ton. The Hull Truth and Microskiff are still pretty active

If you're on FB, then I suggest finding a group to join who fishes the same water you fish.

swampman46 02-01-2019 12:45 PM

Can't blame FB for what has happened here. Look at the topics being posted in the last couple of years and you'll see the answer. I knew this was coming. If it's not people trying to irritate members with outrageous topics, now it's turned to religious postings-NOT what this place was intended for. I blame the owner/admin or whoever, for being-for the most part...invisible. JMHO. It's a shame, this was a great little place to visit.

redaddiction 02-01-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 846528)
Can't blame FB for what has happened here. Look at the topics being posted in the last couple of years and you'll see the answer. I knew this was coming. If it's not people trying to irritate members with outrageous topics, now it's turned to religious postings-NOT what this place was intended for. I blame the owner/admin or whoever, for being-for the most part...invisible. JMHO. It's a shame, this was a great little place to visit.

It totally has to do with it. No one goes to specific websites to get fishing reports anymore when it's all over Facebook. Which everyone looks at constantly. No reports here = no participation from members. All that's left is people posting random topics. Before Facebook groups was created there were 20-30 new posts per day. Things change so change with them or be left behind.

Pat Babaz 02-01-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampman46 (Post 846528)

If the "religious postings" offend you don't click on them. He posted them in the general discussion section.

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

MathGeek 02-03-2019 08:50 AM

I've been here since 2011, and I recall there's usually a dip in postings in the winter.

But those unhappy with the amount and quality of the content should work toward improvement by proving more hunting and fishing content themselves. Relative to the number of times you've been fishing in the past couple years, how many fishing reports have you posted? Hunting reports? Contributions to the fishing and hunting questions of others? Don't just be a taker - benefiting from the contributions of others. Be a giver and try and provide more useful help and advice.

Sure, I occasionally have a post that is more political or faith based in scope. But if you do a search and look at all my contributions, I have a lot of posts relating to fishing and hunting, and I work hard to provide accurate and actionable information.

Improvement of the site depends more on the readership providing accurate and actionable information than it does on complaining or what kinds of posts appear in the more general discussion.

smooth move 02-03-2019 03:04 PM

:cheers:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGeek (Post 846564)
I've been here since 2011, and I recall there's usually a dip in postings in the winter.

But those unhappy with the amount and quality of the content should work toward improvement by proving more hunting and fishing content themselves. Relative to the number of times you've been fishing in the past couple years, how many fishing reports have you posted? Hunting reports? Contributions to the fishing and hunting questions of others? Don't just be a taker - benefiting from the contributions of others. Be a giver and try and provide more useful help and advice.

Sure, I occasionally have a post that is more political or faith based in scope. But if you do a search and look at all my contributions, I have a lot of posts relating to fishing and hunting, and I work hard to provide accurate and actionable information.

Improvement of the site depends more on the readership providing accurate and actionable information than it does on complaining or what kinds of posts appear in the more general discussion.

well said.

jopete 02-03-2019 09:17 PM

I fish more than most folks. hunt a lot too. spend years learning my way around the outside reefs of marsh island and can run prettymuch anywhere I want to in the lake and basin. not a brag, just that's what happens when you've spend nearly 50 years hunting/fishing. I am constantly amazed at the people on here that give away spots and post pics and name lakes. these folks aren't what I consider fishermen. they are people with small penis's that want to feel like they are somebody. all they are doing is ruining spots for everybody. eventually these folks will ruin most or all of their spots, but be too stupid to realize they were the cause of it. that's why I hate these forums. well, that and the Jesusfreaks. lol

just like the preacher said, if u don't like what i'm posting, don't read it. :work:

Feesherman 02-04-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jopete (Post 846583)
I fish more than most folks. hunt a lot too. spend years learning my way around the outside reefs of marsh island and can run prettymuch anywhere I want to in the lake and basin. not a brag, just that's what happens when you've spend nearly 50 years hunting/fishing. I am constantly amazed at the people on here that give away spots and post pics and name lakes. these folks aren't what I consider fishermen. they are people with small penis's that want to feel like they are somebody. all they are doing is ruining spots for everybody. eventually these folks will ruin most or all of their spots, but be too stupid to realize they were the cause of it. that's why I hate these forums. well, that and the Jesusfreaks. lol

just like the preacher said, if u don't like what i'm posting, don't read it. :work:

Is dat a claw hammer?

ckinchen 02-05-2019 12:20 AM

Sad to see the traffic die down like it has. I'm open to suggestions but Facebook and instagram are hard to beat.

wishin i was fishin 02-05-2019 05:07 PM

How about Salty Cajun on Facebook?

I love this site cause it is the only real way to get good info on V bay, Big Lake is a bonus for me. hate to see it drop off like this.

but its all in our hands. i will continue to post about my trips even though i may get 3 comments and 700 views.

the viewers need to step up their game.

Reefman 02-05-2019 06:13 PM

I'm old fashion, I don't go on Facebook or Instagram. Maybe we need Rat Dog back!

redaddiction 02-05-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin (Post 846631)
How about Salty Cajun on Facebook?

I love this site cause it is the only real way to get good info on V bay, Big Lake is a bonus for me. hate to see it drop off like this.

but its all in our hands. i will continue to post about my trips even though i may get 3 comments and 700 views.

the viewers need to step up their game.

Facebook just makes it so easy. And you get almost immediate answers to your questions. No walking through hoops to post a pic. Etc. A group specific to the southwest would be great. They may already be one but I never searched.

ckinchen 02-06-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 846638)
I'm old fashion, I don't go on Facebook or Instagram. Maybe we need Rat Dog back!

Old Rat dog I miss that guy.

Hard to replace the laughs we had with Raymond, Jadams etc....

BayBolt23 02-07-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 846663)
Old Rat dog I miss that guy.

Hard to replace the laughs we had with Raymond, Jadams etc....

You right Casey!
Good arguments with W and Salty too
Whatever happened to ole salty?

ckinchen 02-08-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayBolt23 (Post 846674)
You right Casey!
Good arguments with W and Salty too
Whatever happened to ole salty?

Good question I was thinking about him the other day. He and W use to have some throw downs in the sports bar.