SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   archery question- string movement (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65149)

BassAssasin 08-09-2016 04:24 PM

archery question- string movement

1 Attachment(s)
check out this picture I got using the burst mode on my gopro. Is this normal ???

duckkillerman 08-09-2016 06:43 PM

doesn't look normal but maybe its the camera angle.

DaPointIsDaBomb 08-09-2016 08:41 PM

Suns out, guns out

calcutta37 08-09-2016 09:02 PM

Did you try to duplicate it? Another question do you keep all those bags on you will in the stand or are you training for some hung out west?

slambin 08-09-2016 09:14 PM

archery question- string movement

Looks to me like the cam timing is out of whack. What type of bow is it?
Check this out and see if it helps.

http://www.compoundbows.com/pages/bo...a-compound-bow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bjhooper82 08-09-2016 09:23 PM

Are you shooting tight groups consistently? Sure seems like it would be throwing your arrow all kind of crazy!

Juciy 08-09-2016 09:50 PM

It's a single cam, all the energy is driving from the cam, the pulley feeds the slack. That's the reason a Mathews solo cam will never have a faster **** than a dual cam. It's eccentric force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BassAssasin 08-10-2016 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcutta37 (Post 803477)
Did you try to duplicate it? Another question do you keep all those bags on you will in the stand or are you training for some hung out west?

hahaha, yea, we are heading to Colorado on the 25th for an elk hunt. its way harder to shoot with the pack on so I have been practicing with it whenever I shoot.

BassAssasin 08-10-2016 08:03 AM

OK, so the "geniuses" on Archery Talk say that the way a camera like a gopro take a picture makes it look like this. They say the camera scans from the bottom up so it makes it look this way.
Im inclined to go with that explanation because I am grouping pretty good out to 60yds, and that seems like it would be impossible if my string was really doing this

bjhooper82 08-10-2016 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassAssasin (Post 803490)
OK, so the "geniuses" on Archery Talk say that the way a camera like a gopro take a picture makes it look like this. They say the camera scans from the bottom up so it makes it look this way.
Im inclined to go with that explanation because I am grouping pretty good out to 60yds, and that seems like it would be impossible if my string was really doing this

Yeah, I agree with you there. It would be throwing that arrow all kinds of crazy. If your grouping good out to 60, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Good luck, I hope you stick a good bull!

TroutSupport.com 08-10-2016 09:06 AM

You've got some video programming making it look like that... Basically video programming take parts of a picture that are changing and treats it differently from the part of the scene that isn't changing... Looks like the bottom below the arrow is more progressed compared to the top. There's no way your bow is actually doing that... It's literally physically impossible to be that far off. The energy release of each limb is extremely close together if not exact within milliseconds. This is a video artifact, you're bow is ok.

Shoot on brotha

BassAssasin 08-10-2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroutSupport.com (Post 803501)
You've got some video programming making it look like that... Basically video programming take parts of a picture that are changing and treats it differently from the part of the scene that isn't changing... Looks like the bottom below the arrow is more progressed compared to the top. There's no way your bow is actually doing that... It's literally physically impossible to be that far off. The energy release of each limb is extremely close together if not exact within milliseconds. This is a video artifact, you're bow is ok.

Shoot on brotha

thanks guys! yea i figured it had to be the camera. I just had to get a second opinion, I was freaking out since we leave in 15 days. but yea im grouping pretty solid so I feel better after hearing all the same replys

Gerald 08-11-2016 12:59 AM

You could do a few "Paper tuning" shots to confirm the bow is ok.

OwenRiley 09-26-2016 12:24 PM

wow! I would say this has to do with the camera. Go pros are meant to take quick shots but not fast enough to capture a bowstring snapping like that. The camera actually imprints in bars across the picture progressively from top to bottom. I actually did this after getting a new bowstring for my mission hype from 60x and I called to ask them the same question. That was the reply I got after they looked into it.

fishfish 09-26-2016 03:57 PM

Most importantly, did you kill your elk?