SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New Years Weekend (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26604)

cmcnabb 01-01-2012 01:52 PM

New Years Weekend

3 Attachment(s)
Well my buddy talked me into going to Lacassine Saturday morning and sure enough it was foggy as ever. Ducks didn't move in the fog but we managed 2 mallards, 3 greys, 3 teal, and 1 spoony. Had a guy come in the pond about an hour after us that had hunted the pond for the past few years. We didn't know he still hunted it, but he was as nice as nice could be. He had a crowd with him and the pond is big enough to where 2 partys can hunt it if they are willing to make it work. But the guy was a great guy even offered to exchange numbers to hunt together. We had every intention of it but forget about it after a brutal walk.

My dad hunted in Welsh and smoked the geese in the fog. I cant remember exact numbers but I think they killed 18 blues and snows and 10 specks. Killed one band that hunt.

This morning me, my dad, my brother, my friend Jacob, Mr. Craig Burns, and Mr. James Meyers hunted together and it was another awesome goose hunt. We barely made it to the field in time due to our alarms on our Iphones not working. We ended up killing 14 blues and snows, and our limit of specks. We were picking up decoys at 8:15. Two bands this hunt! I also lost my freaking phone somehwere between the blind and the truck. I had some great pics on it of today but they are long gone now. Only pic I got was one my buddy took. We want to dedicate that hunt to Mark Roofner, a friend of Specklebelly Hunting Club.

I needed a speck call that was softer than the one I have now for when its super still and queit. I told Mr. James last night what I needed and he said he understood excatly what I needed. He wasn't lying, He showed up this morning and when I blew the call he made me, it was unreal how good it sounded. The thing I was most amazed about is how the call needs so little air. I can blow that thing for half an hour it seems without taking a breath. That man knows specks calls. My buddy Jacob bought one and it wasn't sounding quite right out the box. Him and James both got to the field before us (due to no alarm) and by the time we showed up James had overhauled Jacobs call and taught him how to use it. Great customer service if you ask me.

First two pics are from my dads hunt Saturday and the last one is of today. Good luck to everyone hunting and happy new year

huntin fool 01-01-2012 01:57 PM

That's awesome cody. Yall are covered up with some birds like always!

cmcnabb 01-01-2012 02:03 PM

Your cousin loved it. He is learnin how to handle himself on a speck call now

huntin fool 01-01-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcnabb (Post 369884)
Your cousin loved it. He is learnin how to handle himself on a speck call now

Good deal. Now only if I can learn how to decently.

bjhooper82 01-01-2012 09:46 PM

Thats a pile of geese there!! Nice kill.

quackills 01-02-2012 06:28 PM

looks like ya'll had a good hunt. nuttin better than seein specks coming down.

DUCKGOGETTER 01-03-2012 08:36 AM

Hell yeah! Look at that pile of geese

jdm4x43732 01-03-2012 08:47 AM

Nice!! the little guy sure looks like he had a great time, judging by the smile on his face.

SaltERedneck 01-03-2012 08:50 AM

nice hunt!

duck enticer 01-05-2012 11:58 AM

Very good hunt there. Did ya'll have "James Meyers", the maker of riceland calls with you? If so, I can see how ya'll did well on the specks. Good job.

evidrine 01-05-2012 12:03 PM

Excellent Job!

cmcnabb 01-05-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck enticer (Post 372003)
Very good hunt there. Did ya'll have "James Meyers", the maker of riceland calls with you? If so, I can see how ya'll did well on the specks. Good job.

He hunted with us Sunday