SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   weeks bay 6-26 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33072)

skyln95 06-26-2012 08:50 PM

weeks bay 6-26

Went on an early morning and late evening trip to weeks bay. went to the trash pile early in the morning and found the birds working. only pulled in dinks. after the bite died of and i got sick of the wind, I went to the grass by the Iberia channel. I pulled in one flounder that I kept and a bunch of rats that got tossed. in the evening I went to the trash pile and found no wind. no birds working but I caught every cast trout. mix of sandies and specks. nothing over 11 in except one 13 in Sandi that I brought home. All artificial was used. all in all I had fun.

YellowMouth7 06-26-2012 08:54 PM

Thanks for the report

redaddiction 06-26-2012 10:01 PM

At least you were catchin! Nice report. What was the color of choice?

skyln95 06-26-2012 10:19 PM

Chartreuse sparkle Beatle is what they mainly hit. I caught a couple on a morning glory sand eel.

MattMigues 06-27-2012 09:34 AM

Thanks for report, I've been waiting to hear they moved in the pile!

skyln95 06-27-2012 10:43 AM

They have. so have the bull sharks. I saw two 4 footers. the water is pretty clear too.

MattMigues 06-27-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyln95 (Post 453313)
They have. so have the bull sharks. I saw two 4 footers. the water is pretty clear too.

I was in cove yesterday evening and my fishing partener caught 1 on plastic (she's learning) I threw bone colored skitter walk from 5-8:30 only 1 blow up. I'm looking for a big en!

Reefman 06-27-2012 12:05 PM

Thanks for your detailed report! If they have dinks in the area they got the big girls somewhere close by! Might give it a try Friday morn and late Friday afternoon when falling tide is predicted....

skyln95 06-27-2012 10:58 PM

I tried tossing a topwater. no takers.

Jrchip1 06-28-2012 11:26 PM

VB Report 6/28/12

Launched out of ICCY. Ran to Tee Butte. Water was so-so. Noboby catching anything besides sharks that I could tell. Ended up w/ 1 Red( uh- that Insidiator caught :))

Ran to the SE side of SW Pass and fished a reef that looked pretty good, but only a few sharks and hard heads.

Then ran to the North Bank of Marsh Island and fished a few cuts, more Sharks and Catfish. We avoided the Cove, Trash Pile and Pt not wanting to get into any crowds.

Over all we hit a few places that looked pretty good, and should have produced some edible fish, but nada. Got to fish out of a nice boat though, thanks Insidiator :cool: .

Insidiator 06-30-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrchip1 (Post 454418)
Launched out of ICCY. Ran to Tee Butte. Water was so-so. Noboby catching anything besides sharks that I could tell. Ended up w/ 1 Red( uh- that Insidiator caught :))

Ran to the SE side of SW Pass and fished a reef that looked pretty good, but only a few sharks and hard heads.

Then ran to the North Bank of Marsh Island and fished a few cuts, more Sharks and Catfish. We avoided the Cove, Trash Pile and Pt not wanting to get into any crowds.

Over all we hit a few places that looked pretty good, and should have produced some edible fish, but nada. Got to fish out of a nice boat though, thanks Insidiator :cool: .

Anytime, pal, I learned more from you than the other way round. O, and I found the problem with the troll motor after only 10 minutes use; blown fuse. Underrated I think, 35A, should be 50A.