SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Robin's in henderson? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3985)

LaAngler 10-13-2009 04:05 PM

Robin's in henderson?
 
is Robin's any good? also is pats in henderson same menu as pat's of henderson in lake charles?

how do these compare to Prejean's on 49 and shucks in abbeville??

trying to find the BEST seafood around here

longsidelandry 10-13-2009 04:27 PM

Not many places can beat Prejean's IMO. The boiling point on hwy 90 has some pretty good seafood also.

Gerald 10-13-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 61038)
is Robin's any good? also is pats in henderson same menu as pat's of henderson in lake charles?

how do these compare to Prejean's on 49 and shucks in abbeville??

trying to find the BEST seafood around here


If I remember correctly [and I could be wrong] they are run by 2 different family members. I have never liked the food at the Lake Charles place....it is ok, but not good.

Food is not consistent for the few times I have eaten there. I don't/haven't gone there much. Several years back we went there and my wife's dish was so spicy she could not eat it....I tried it....wow, it was hot.

Bruce, do you ever go the Mullat"s in Breaux Bridge. They use to have good food and good Cajun music....don't know about now.

Gerald 10-13-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 61052)
Not many places can beat Prejean's IMO. The boiling point on hwy 90 has some pretty good seafood also.

Have you ever gotten Pistolat's from the Boiling point.........Wow, they are good.

The Boiling Point......is that Hwy 90 they are on? I think it is hwy 3077, I don't remember the street name.

Richard's is on Hwy 90.......good food there. I use to sometimes eat lunch there.....good plate lunches.

Gerald 10-13-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 61038)
is Robin's any good? also is pats in henderson same menu as pat's of henderson in lake charles?

how do these compare to Prejean's on 49 and shucks in abbeville??

trying to find the BEST seafood around here


I ate boiled crawfish there 15+ years ago......they were very good.

For Seafood.....River side Inn is hard to beat in Lafayette. Good place to impress a date....if you ever have one?

longsidelandry 10-13-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 61087)
Have you ever gotten Pistolat's from the Boiling point.........Wow, they are good.

The Boiling Point......is that Hwy 90 they are on? I think it is hwy 3077, I don't remember the street name.

Richard's is on Hwy 90.......good food there. I use to sometimes eat lunch there.....good plate lunches.

It's actually on the service road

Gerald 10-13-2009 07:38 PM

They must have moved then. They use to be about 1/4 mile north of I-10 on Ruth street.

STOP******** STOP

I see....I am talking about the one in Sulphur and you are talking about the one south of Broussard.

I stopped an ate at that one, 15+ years ago......they were serving some Lobster size boild crawfish that night. I went back a week later and the crawfish were just average size.

Bluechip 10-13-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 61183)
They must have moved then. They use to be about 1/4 mile north of I-10 on Ruth street.

It's a quarter mile north on Hwy. 27 or (Neg Beglis Pkwy.)... the one on Ruth Street is Hollier's Cajun Kitchen.....

longsidelandry 10-13-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 61183)
They must have moved then. They use to be about 1/4 mile north of I-10 on Ruth street.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 61184)
It's a quarter mile north on Hwy. 27 or (Neg Beglis Pkwy.)... the one on Ruth Street is Hollier's Cajun Kitchen.....

We must be talking about a different Boiling Point, I'm talking about the one in Coteau near New Iberia

LaAngler 10-13-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 61094)
For Seafood.....River side Inn is hard to beat in Lafayette. Good place to impress a date....if you ever have one?

boy you CRAZY!?? :D

funny you should say that, took a date to riverside inn because she was whining for the seafood enchilada's down there, ran up a 50 or 60 dollar tab and my card was declined, she had to pay!!! :*****:

Bluechip 10-13-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 61185)
We must be talking about a different Boiling Point, I'm talking about the one in Coteau near New Iberia

Sorry about that...we were eating in Sulphur....:D

Dink 10-13-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 61211)
boy you CRAZY!?? :D

funny you should say that, took a date to riverside inn because she was whining for the seafood enchilada's down there, ran up a 50 or 60 dollar tab and my card was declined, she had to pay!!! :*****:

.


That's fantastic!!!! Hahahaha..........Guess you didn't get Good night laid........Or even a good night kiss after that one???


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted