SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vermillion Bay (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54348)

fishfighter 06-20-2014 11:21 AM

Vermillion Bay
 
hopefully the conditions will hold up for this weekend, salinity looks like it is bouncing with the tides, being an office fisherman i don't get to go as much as i would like, but i will be tearing up the water with the rest of the weekend warriors, we'll be around avery island sat morning and hopefully cyp. point saturday evening

fishfighter 06-20-2014 11:23 AM

missed
 
can't load the pic

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=07387040

shellman 06-20-2014 12:25 PM

Should get good....

Quackhead62 06-20-2014 04:05 PM

The water should be getting right. It was the far from speck water on the inside last weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Gueydan 06-20-2014 05:59 PM

I fished Thursday. Went to tee butte with no luck. Water very dirty and fresh, so headed out to smi223. Water was a little better, but not much. Tried everything I had in the tackle box, not one bite all day. Tried every structure and reef I came across on the way back.

Goooh 06-20-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gueydan (Post 700729)
I fished Thursday. Went to tee butte with no luck. Water very dirty and fresh, so headed out to smi223. Water was a little better, but not much. Tried everything I had in the tackle box, not one bite all day. Tried every structure and reef I came across on the way back.


Tough fishin there, thanks for posting your trip.

wishin i was fishin 06-20-2014 07:14 PM

Water was dirty this morning, but cleared up this afternoon. it looked great from tee butte all the way to the point.

tomorrow should be great.

daxt79 06-20-2014 08:20 PM

We went this afternoon & the water looked good in most places. The hammock was the worst looking water, but still not too bad.

meaux fishing 06-20-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daxt79 (Post 700770)
We went this afternoon & the water looked good in most places. The hammock was the worst looking water, but still not too bad.


Catch anything?

daxt79 06-20-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 700771)
Catch anything?

We actually caught 3 nice specs whithin 30 min. of our first stop, nothing after that. I think we were late to the party.

My son caught his first spec though, which made the trip perfect!

Fourreel 06-20-2014 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Caught 12 reds & 5 specs today. Attachment 69506


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speck-chaser 06-20-2014 10:12 PM

Looks like a crab too :)

fishfighter 06-21-2014 02:31 PM

None
 
Nothing this morning, couldnt buy a fish

Quackhead62 06-21-2014 02:51 PM

If I wasn't on call I would for sure would have been burning up some reds this morning. Hope yall smoke them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jkcckc2002 06-21-2014 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wasn't that good for me either. I did pick up a shark near Boston canal. Ended up withe two cats and one slot red. . Attachment 69546

dwr353 06-21-2014 09:44 PM

Fished the worm, Joe Aucoin, and Bird Island 1 sting ray and 4 hardheads. Bummer to say the least.d

I make oil 06-22-2014 03:06 AM

Anybody ever fish SMI 243/235 area still? Is it still there even? Used to be lots of people out there during the summer years ago.

duckman1911 06-22-2014 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkcckc2002 (Post 700956)
Wasn't that good for me either. I did pick up a shark near Boston canal. Ended up withe two cats and one slot red. . Attachment 69546

Nice little bull shark. :)

Hightower 06-22-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I make oil (Post 701126)
Anybody ever fish SMI 243/235 area still? Is it still there even? Used to be lots of people out there during the summer years ago.

Both rigs gone! Used to catch a lot of fish at both spots, especially 235.

duckman1911 06-22-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourreel (Post 700813)
Caught 12 reds & 5 specs today. Attachment 69506


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine box of fish. Did they get thirsty? Lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted