SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   All Star ASR (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7888)

specktator 02-20-2010 08:15 AM

All Star ASR
 
Just bought a 6'6" All Star ASR medium heavy wormin rod off eBay for $80 with shipping. Any of u guys have used these yet? I always use all stars and liked this one. Wanted to get a carrot stick but everyone said not to, figured this would be pretty close to one.

VIRTUOSO 02-26-2010 01:05 PM

Want me to bake you a carrot cake?

Salty 02-26-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIRTUOSO (Post 119540)
Want me to bake you a carrot cake?

If this clown makes it to 10 posts...the mods are sleepin'.

specktator 02-26-2010 01:07 PM

a carrot stick would def last u. cause u only make like 10 casts a trip anyway!

jpeff31787 02-26-2010 02:28 PM

never used either, but i hear those new Skeet Reese poles are supposed to be pretty darn good for only 90 bucks i think. And they are yellow!

Big Kahunaz 02-26-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIRTUOSO (Post 119540)
Want me to bake you a carrot cake?

LOL...i agree salty....He must be a cake baker by trade! :spineyes::spineyes:

Good pass on the carrot stick...i had one...tip broke...and got a cumara to replace it. It would cast my topwaters a country mile though... very uncomfortable in my hand and evidently not very durable. Had a "petey" trout snap the tip. OF all the rods I've been through...I really like the response and feel of the Falcon Cara T7 rods.

specktator 02-26-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kahunaz (Post 119605)
LOL...i agree salty....He must be a cake baker by trade! :spineyes::spineyes:

Good pass on the carrot stick...i had one...tip broke...and got a cumara to replace it. It would cast my topwaters a country mile though... very uncomfortable in my hand and evidently not very durable. Had a "petey" trout snap the tip. OF all the rods I've been through...I really like the response and feel of the Falcon Cara T7 rods.

Yeh looked at a Cara last night at Academy. Just couldn't bring myself to spend the 200 bones on it. So I bought a castaway saltwater medium for $69 I just bought a new curado 200e7 off eBay for $146 free shipping 2 days ago. I have all the older model curados. What do yall think about it?

Montauk17 02-26-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 119607)
Yeh looked at a Cara last night at Academy. Just couldn't bring myself to spend the 200 bones on it. So I bought a castaway saltwater medium for $69 I just bought a new curado 200e7 off eBay for $146 free shipping 2 days ago. I have all the older model curados. What do yall think about it?

I think those castaway rods are the best bang for you buck. I have 2 curado e7 using it in saltwater over a year now and no problems at all. The only thing I do is wipe them down and oil every 5 trips or so.

all star rod 02-26-2010 05:31 PM

Another good rod for the price ($50 plus tax) is the American Rodsmiths Apex split grip rods. I own several of them without any issues!

specktator 02-26-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 119645)
Another good rod for the price ($50 plus tax) is the American Rodsmiths Apex split grip rods. I own several of them without any issues!

Yeh I looked at a few of them at Academy. Didn't see any I really liked though. Maybe I'll try one out next time. I don't know if any of them were the one u talkin about.

Salty 02-26-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 119607)
Yeh looked at a Cara last night at Academy. Just couldn't bring myself to spend the 200 bones on it. So I bought a castaway saltwater medium for $69 I just bought a new curado 200e7 off eBay for $146 free shipping 2 days ago. I have all the older model curados. What do yall think about it?

If Jake and Cory still have some, you can get a Falcon Cenderi ti for $100. Titanium guides on a Cara blank....$280 rod. Last I checked, they only had the lites left but I got some of 'em and they're great rods. Give 'em a call (918) 251-0020 and tell 'em Salty sent ya.

specktator 02-26-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 119649)
If Jake and Cory still have some, you can get a Falcon Cenderi ti for $100. Titanium guides on a Cara blank....$280 rod. Last I checked, they only had the lites left but I got some of 'em and they're great rods. Give 'em a call (918) 251-0020 and tell 'em Salty sent ya.

Will do! Thanks!

fishinpox 02-26-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 119649)
If Jake and Cory still have some, you can get a Falcon Cenderi ti for $100. Titanium guides on a Cara blank....$280 rod. Last I checked, they only had the lites left but I got some of 'em and they're great rods. Give 'em a call (918) 251-0020 and tell 'em Salty sent ya.

i bought one of these cenderis a lil over a year ago, sence them i have bought prolly 8 of them they are my favorite jig rod very light , well balanced and super sensitive if they have any left i would jump on it if i were you

specktator 02-26-2010 06:10 PM

U think they open right now?

specktator 02-26-2010 06:11 PM

Nevermind just called they close at 5. Where this place located?

Salty 02-26-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 119662)
Nevermind just called they close at 5. Where this place located?


Where else......Broken Arrow, OK. :rolleyes:

I'll call Cody in a little bit and check for ya.

specktator 02-26-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 119717)
Where else......Broken Arrow, OK. :rolleyes:

I'll call Cody in a little bit and check for ya.

Haha yeh let me know. I'll def take one.

tcglsu 02-26-2010 07:36 PM

anybody got one of the new abu garcia vendettas?

dut 02-26-2010 07:45 PM

The vendetta is a light mofo with that comfortable Fuji ACS grip, but it has one major flaw......no Fuji guides :(

huntin fool 02-26-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dut (Post 119728)
The vendetta is a light mofo with that comfortable Fuji ACS grip, but it has one major flaw......no Fuji guides :(


Was going to buy one the day they came out. Was steered away to a St.Croix Mojo bass (same price) and im pretty sure this was a wayyyyy better deal! 5 year warranty tooo :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted