SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   late October birds (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62097)

pelchay11 10-23-2015 09:19 AM

late October birds

i have been seeing alot of people posting sighting of specks around gueydan and different areas but not many people talking about duck numbers.

Has anyone been seeing numbers of ducks around gueydan, kaplan, Forked island area. I know in our marsh we still see a pretty good number of teal but i havent seen any big ducks yet with the season approaching. To me thats not a real good sign.

Duckaholic 10-23-2015 11:03 AM

Nothing to report

Absolutely dry fields for miles and miles with no ducks anywhere around the Crowley area. Crawfish ponds are pumped up, no wood ducks yet.

revspiggles 10-23-2015 11:58 AM

I got over hundred wood ducks every day in my pond.. neighbor dammed up my sleough and each year that's all we get. All day every day until mid december ducks are flying in and out. Love it but wish we could get some mallards and some other types...but its a flooded bottom so that's that

Duckaholic 10-23-2015 03:22 PM

The Call

Rev,

Let me know when you need help taking 3 of those out! lol

redaddiction 10-23-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revspiggles (Post 776628)
I got over hundred wood ducks every day in my pond.. neighbor dammed up my sleough and each year that's all we get. All day every day until mid december ducks are flying in and out. Love it but wish we could get some mallards and some other types...but its a flooded bottom so that's that

Make a really late mid day hunt for those mallards and see what happens. We used to kill tons of mallards and greys around noon time in the basin.

Quackhead62 10-23-2015 04:14 PM

The ducks are showing up in the marsh. Had flocks of pintails and grey ducks during teal season. These last few cool fronts really did some good for the birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-Bass2mouth 10-23-2015 04:44 PM

Went to KS this past weekend to visit the little bro who plays ball up there. Scouted ALL day sunday only found a few different resident groups of honkers, hardly any mallards. He just text me on his way to a game in OK they just started showing up today in mondo wads.

Marque 10-23-2015 06:37 PM

The piece in front of my blind was planted late and not cut because the red rice was pretty bad. It heading right now and flooded. There are so many teal in there they look like doves. Cut some lanes on the back side of the blind in the stubble and there is about 2" of water. Passed by a while ago and there was a flock specks chilling. Been seeing Specks in and out of there for the past week. That's on Liberty Farm.