SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   BL - 7/16 (night) Mod Trip (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20942)

ckinchen 07-17-2011 04:59 PM

BL - 7/16 (night) Mod Trip

1 Attachment(s)
I had the pleasure of finally meeting the moderators (minus Micah who is off riding it's a small world at Disney) last night for a trip on the night boat. It was a steady bite but never every cast and all of the trout were on the small side (12-14 inches) other than a couple big ones that Sulphite managed to drop back in the water and or break off. Paul Myers was the fishermen of the evening.

I must say we have a great group of guys moderating this site (not including me of course), it was a great trip with only a few Salty Cajun stories.

All fish were caught with live shrimp because we are not as good as the "God's" of big lake but we did catch a four man limit and I think that is the point.

aidan 07-17-2011 05:11 PM

nice catch and thanks for the report

"W" 07-17-2011 05:15 PM

Live Bait at Night= Major infractions...

ckinchen 07-17-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 287935)
Live Bait at Night= Major infractions...

Sometimes at night they will not touch artificial bait, it just depends on the night. I have caught trout at night on plastics but some nights you just have to do what you have to do. With all of the live bait in the water, they sometimes only want the real thing. From what I understand the HR&G night stalker usually only fishes with live shrimp. Trust me if I could catch them with artificial bait I would rather not go walk to the back of the boat and mess with shrimp. Ask Micah and Mallard Fish, the will back up what I am saying from our trip we took together, on that trip we caught a few on artifical but shrimp was catching 6 fish to 1 or better. Again, not trying to challenge you for the "Mr. Big Lake title". I'm good with being a Pilgrim after all my boat is called the Mayflower.

"W" 07-17-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 287938)
Sometimes at night they will not touch artificial bait, it just depends on the night. I have caught trout at night on plastics but some nights you just have to do what you have to do. With all of the live bait in the water, they sometimes only want the real thing. From what I understand the HR&G night stalker usually only fishes with live shrimp. Trust me if I could catch them with artificial bait I would rather not go walk to the back of the boat and mess with shrimp. Ask Micah and Mallard Fish, the will back up what I am saying from our trip we took together, on that trip we caught a few on artifical but shrimp was catching 6 fish to 1 or better. Again, not trying to challenge you for the "Mr. Big Lake title". I'm good with being a Pilgrim after all my boat is called the Mayflower.

lol.... Yall aint throwing the right kind of plastic......or jig head size.......Lets go Fri night....will put 60 in the boat all on plastic in 2 hours....I got the jig heads and baits.....

ckinchen 07-17-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 287939)
lol.... Yall aint throwing the right kind of plastic......or jig head size.......Lets go Fri night....will put 60 in the boat all on plastic in 2 hours....I got the jig heads and baits.....

If I can get down thier Friday (not sure what we are doing next weekend), you are on. I will hold my 1K. :)

Salty 07-17-2011 05:49 PM

Chicken, if you ever caught a 3 pound trout on a Bomber.....you'd never fish with live bait again.

SaltyShaw 07-17-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 287941)
If I can get down thier Friday (not sure what we are doing next weekend), you are on. I will hold my 1K. :)

Here we go again hahaha

Nice trip guys! Paul was actually catching fish? :p

"W" 07-17-2011 05:54 PM

2nd Rule...in case you invite Micah your "thunder buddy" keep the Thunder Corks at home!!!! You don't need that either!!!! I got the beer!!!!! And we can bring a pit!!!

ckinchen 07-17-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyShaw (Post 287951)
Here we go again hahaha

Nice trip guys! Paul was actually catching fish? :p

He did well, I was impressed.

ckinchen 07-17-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 287954)
2nd Rule...in case you invite Micah your "thunder buddy" keep the Thunder Corks at home!!!! You don't need that either!!!! I got the beer!!!!! And we can bring a pit!!!

We were not using corks last night so I'm good with that.

You and your jig with plastic v/s live shrimp for 1K? I'm in but to be fair I should lay you some odds/points, you will be a huge underdog, probably more than you realize.

jchief 07-17-2011 06:04 PM

Dang it Casey

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 287920)
I had the pleasure of finally meeting the moderators (minus Micah who is off riding it's a small world at Disney) last night for a trip on the night boat. It was a steady bite but never every cast and all of the trout were on the small side (12-14 inches) other than a couple big ones that Sulphite managed to drop back in the water and or break off. Paul Myers was the fishermen of the evening.

I must say we have a great group of guys moderating this site (not including me of course), it was a great trip with only a few Salty Cajun stories.

All fish were caught with live shrimp because we are not as good as the "God's" of big lake but we did catch a four man limit and I think that is the point.

Went to cut grass after reading this and I couldn't get that dang song out of my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sounds like yall had a good trip

Andy C 07-17-2011 06:06 PM

I will hold the money. My place is just straight across 27 from dugous. Lol can ya'll agree on rules or is this going to end up in the gillnet?? Lol

"W" 07-17-2011 06:14 PM

Casey...Save a shrimp and fish with Ol W.....you got this!!!!! Let's take the wife and kids!!!! Make a family picnic!!!! Ill show your youngest how we trick em up

ckinchen 07-17-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 287977)
Casey...Save a shrimp and fish with Ol W.....you got this!!!!! Let's take the wife and kids!!!! Make a family picnic!!!! Ill show your youngest how we trick em up

I'm ready to learn, teach me Ol wise one.

"W" 07-17-2011 06:23 PM

Was my name mentioned at all last night?

ckinchen 07-17-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 287987)
Was my name mentioned at all last night?

Not once. ;)

Bluechip 07-17-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 287999)
Casey I just spit Dr Pepper all over my puter

Lol!!!! Me too...

"W" 07-17-2011 06:54 PM

Sweet!!!!

"W" 07-17-2011 06:59 PM

I'm sure salty was not mention also....