SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Refuge feed (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40271)

bgizzle 01-09-2013 01:15 PM

Refuge feed

Trying to learn this to have in my arsenal. Really??? This dude must practice this every minute of every day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rnrJM_kg4uc

Fishmaster19 01-09-2013 01:38 PM

Holy Macceronni! (or however you spell it...)

boatdriver 01-09-2013 01:41 PM

That is sick! That may be the best feed call I've ever heard. I thought mine was a good one. That guy has it down!

meaux fishing 01-09-2013 01:46 PM

thats ridiculous

meaux fishing 01-09-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatdriver (Post 536158)
That is sick! That may be the best feed call I've ever heard. I thought mine was a good one. That guy has it down!

what you been up to BD?

Spunt Drag 01-09-2013 01:48 PM

Good for competition but ducks don't do that when they're feeding on the water.

Top Dawg 01-09-2013 02:00 PM

Sounds like a 2 stroke dirt bike

bgizzle 01-09-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 536161)
Good for competition but ducks don't do that when they're feeding on the water.

Sure they do. You ever heard em?

Spunt Drag 01-09-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgizzle (Post 536183)

Nope. Not on the water feeding. Just watched the video and still didn't hear anything close to that feed call video from earlier. I've heard em chatter like that in the air when they're banking around but never on the water feeding. It's a competition call, not a good duck imitation.

bgizzle 01-09-2013 03:22 PM

Well I've been on the tenn river and personally heard and seen thousands of ducks feeding and frienzying and that's pretty darn close to exactly what they sound like so you need to get out and explore nature more. Instead of just hunting(not with mojos) go to refuges and sit there and listen no talking you'll hear what they do. They get quiet when the ducks coming in get closer but the go nuts when they see em from far. And what you are referring to is a flying chuckle and they do that as they fly over food to tell other ducks they see potential food but the refuge feed call is meant to sound like a lot of ducks in a frenzy. Competition callers do nothing like that they do a cluck when they go into their bottom section of their routine not a refuge feed. Normal guys like me n u just can't sound like that many ducks I say I will practice till I can get it you say they don't do it because you can't do it and can't learn it. I work my butt off to sound like more than one duck and make it sound like my decoys are calling to ducks not me. If you sound like 1 duck then not only pull your mojos but pull every other decoy but one hen because they fly over seeing a ton of decoys but hear one and say "there something wrong here" and boom see ya. Class dismissed

DUCKGOGETTER 01-09-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunt drag (Post 536188)
nope. Not on the water feeding. Just watched the video and still didn't hear anything close to that feed call video from earlier. I've heard em chatter like that in the air when they're banking around but never on the water feeding. It's a competition call, not a good duck imitation.

man i want to go hunting with you. You must be the arnold schwarzenegger of duck/goose hunting, cause you've done it all, heard it all and mastered it all when it comes to waterfowl. You sound like somebody else on here that when they post any questions about the sport you have something negetive to say or you have to chime in with your amazing knowledge of how it's really done. I'm struggling right now to kill birds in my marsh and if i asked any advice on what maybe the problem you would reply with you need to work on your calling or hide better. Trust me i'm saying what alot of people are thinking about your comments. Take that to the bank jack!!!! Have a blessed day from duckgogetter.

Top Dawg 01-09-2013 03:29 PM

Most time when you hear that chatter the ducks are sky high. Just wondering when's the last time someone has seen that many English callers in a Louisiana marsh? Now adays seems like people are trying to call "hunters". Just keep it simple and u should have no prob. But like earlier mentioned competition is completely different so guess to each his own.

Spunt Drag 01-09-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgizzle (Post 536199)
Well I've been on the tenn river and personally heard and seen thousands of ducks feeding and frienzying and that's pretty darn close to exactly what they sound like so you need to get out and explore nature more. Instead of just hunting(not with mojos) go to refuges and sit there and listen no talking you'll hear what they do. They get quiet when the ducks coming in get closer but the go nuts when they see em from far. And what you are referring to is a flying chuckle and they do that as they fly over food to tell other ducks they see potential food but the refuge feed call is meant to sound like a lot of ducks in a frenzy. Competition callers do nothing like that they do a cluck when they go into their bottom section of their routine not a refuge feed. Normal guys like me n u just can't sound like that many ducks I say I will practice till I can get it you say they don't do it because you can't do it and can't learn it. I work my butt off to sound like more than one duck and make it sound like my decoys are calling to ducks not me. If you sound like 1 duck then not only pull your mojos but pull every other decoy but one hen because they fly over seeing a ton of decoys but hear one and say "there something wrong here" and boom see ya. Class dismissed

Exactly. It's 100's of ducks makin that sound, and I haven't heard one caller that could come even remotely close to duplicating it. 200 tame ducks feeding and chattering on the water is a completely different sound than what you're producing through that call. As far as you working your butt off to sound like more than one duck and all that other rigamaroar, you just posted a video yesterday of your calling skills and it didn't floor me. Who knows maybe it works on the Tenn river, I don't get out much, but I know if I heard you blowing that bouncing hen and feed chuckle next to me in the blind I would die laughing. I know you're accredited and all but I know a little bit about duck hunting too.

meaux fishing 01-09-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 536201)
Most time when you hear that chatter the ducks are sky high. Just wondering when's the last time someone has seen that many English callers in a Louisiana marsh? Now adays seems like people are trying to call "hunters". Just keep it simple and u should have no prob. But like earlier mentioned competition is completely different so guess to each his own.

you only need 1...;)

bgizzle 01-09-2013 03:39 PM

A duck is a duck is a duck. My great grand pa used to put a French hen on each side of the blind so they would call back to each other and murder ducks. They didnt care bout laws. My grandpa learned from him who taught me my basics and I learned from two French hens and 4 hen mallards. A long time ago. He would get corn out and they do exactly what that refuge feed sounded like. Y'all must be divorced or lawyers y'all sure do argue alot and have no valid pt to back it

SaltERedneck 01-09-2013 03:43 PM

This thread is priceless!!!

DUCKGOGETTER 01-09-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salteredneck (Post 536211)
this thread is priceless!!!

lol!!!!! Micha is missing all the good stuff.

Spunt Drag 01-09-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 536200)
I'm struggling right now to kill birds in my marsh

You need to work on your callin and hide better. Trust me. I've done it all, seen it all, and mastered it all, JACK! Sincerely, Arnold.

DUCKGOGETTER 01-09-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 536204)
Exactly. It's 100's of ducks makin that sound, and I haven't heard one caller that could come even remotely close to duplicating it. 200 tame ducks feeding and chattering on the water is a completely different sound than what you're producing through that call. As far as you working your butt off to sound like more than one duck and all that other rigamaroar, you just posted a video yesterday of your calling skills and it didn't floor me. Who knows maybe it works on the Tenn river, I don't get out much, but I know if I heard you blowing that bouncing hen and feed chuckle next to me in the blind I would die laughing. I know you're accredited and all but I know a little bit about duck hunting too.

HIS CALLING MIGHT NOT OF FLOORED YOU, BUT THIS WAS YOUR REPLY TO HIM YESTERDAY.

Do you competition call? Love that bouncing hen part! My hunting buddy uses one of those for his blue wing call, sounds just like a blue wing.

DUCKGOGETTER 01-09-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunt drag (Post 536213)
you need to work on your callin and hide better. Trust me. I've done it all, seen it all, and mastered it all, jack! Sincerely, arnold.

lol!!!!!!!! That's pretty funny though