SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Destin fl guide question. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31933)

longcast 05-30-2012 10:46 AM

Destin fl guide question.

We are leaving Friday to spend the week in Destin. I usually tow the boat down but my truck won't do it again. My question is does anyone know whom I can talk to about a guided trip offshore. I would be fishing solo so I was hoping I could get inn with someone or maybe if someone cancels on a trip. I would prefer a 8 hour trip but hey I just want to get out on the water. If there is anyone in the area that just needs a fishing buddy for a day I will pay the expenses. Thanks for any info.

specktator 05-30-2012 10:51 AM

Go around Harbor Docks in the afternoons and just walk the docks and ask captains if u can hop in with someone the next morning. I'm sure you could find someone.

meaux fishing 05-30-2012 11:44 AM

Shoot a pm to Banana Tom or jjam they both live in pensacola and might be able to turn you on to something

inchspinner 05-30-2012 11:50 AM

We hit on in orange beach with a charter group and went 30-50 miles out and slammed snappers..... Bottom of the big bridge in orange beach 20 peeps a trip big big big boat 50 footer like 60 a person...

Ray 05-30-2012 12:01 PM

There are walk on boats called head boats.
They can hold up to 50 or so people.
They anchor out on reefs and you fish till it's time to come in.
They are usually pretty reasonable, under $100 per trip.
They usually provide rod n reels, tackle and bait.
These boats are all along the coast from Tx to Fla.

82whaler 05-30-2012 03:12 PM

A few miles to the west of Destin but call Hotspots Bait and Tackle in Gulf Breeze,Fl 850-916-7176. Captain's Tyler Massey,Chris Phillips and Matt Mcleod
will truly Guide you in Gulf fishing within state waters (up to 9 miles out)
and teach you a ton about our local fishing. Red Snapper opens on June 1
so get your two limit quick then on to triggers,mingos,grouper,amberjack,
kings,ect. They are fishing 23.5 to 25 ft Bay boats and offer up one he77 of a trip.

LifeTyme007 05-30-2012 03:24 PM

Call Justin Destin (850) 259-2516 he owns a boat called the Full Draw and he is out of the harbor behind AJ's in Destin. I have made several trips with him and he does a great job of putting you on the fish offshore. PM if you need more info.

BIG-C 05-30-2012 05:42 PM

I will be there from the 11-16 and I always use Olin marlers service,good fishing affordable and you can walk-on as a single. 10 days and i'll be there.

mikedatiger 05-30-2012 06:34 PM

Not necessarily what you're looking for but I just booked a trip with Capt. Brad King with South Again Charters for later in July and plan to take the whole family. He's sounds like a super nice guy, came highly recommended, and his prices are very reasonable...

http://www.southagain.com/

Nolimit 05-30-2012 08:24 PM

I just got back a few weeks ago and took a 6hr trip on the WindWalkerII. Caught Kings,a few Trigger Fish, Red Grouper and a TON of nice red snapper. 6 hrs is way to short. Will book a 10 hr or 12 hr next year. Wish I could move their

82whaler 05-31-2012 02:50 PM

If what you want is a guided trip go with the info from mikedatiger or myself.
All of the other trips are Head Boats and you will bottom fish with a freeline out for Kings, fish til the bell rings reel up drive in a 30 minute circle come back to the same spot catch a few circle 20 minutes and back to essentially
the same spot fish until the bell rings, etc.,etc.

Captain Brad King is a Fantastic GUIDED Trip Captain as well as the Captains
at Hot Spots.

longcast 05-31-2012 03:20 PM

Thanks for all the help. I will be making some phone calls tomorrow to try and set up a trip or 2 for this week.

BananaTom 06-01-2012 10:30 AM

As my buddy 82 whaler stated Brad King and Hot Spots are two fantasic avenues, but more local to Pensacola. All of the captains mentioned are buddies of mine, and present a great trip.

You can also look on the Pensacola Fishing Forum, under need a crew, need a ride, where in there are several either looking to hop a boat and share expenses, or ones that wish someone to hop onboard and share expienses. These are private owned boats, not for hire. Just people loving fishing.

And SNAPPER season opened today.

Got several trips scheduled myself, to go eliminate the Red Snapper population even more!!!

And of course, there are always the head boats out of Destin Harbor, New Florida Girl is the most famous. You will be with a boat load of people, which can prove to be allot of fun.

BananaTom 06-01-2012 12:54 PM

Yep, I just looked at need a ride, nned a crew on the PFF, very active.

jjam 06-01-2012 03:39 PM

longcast,

give me a shout @ (8five0) three 9 three 3 seven 5 nine

Jimmy

jjam 06-01-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedatiger (Post 439992)
Not necessarily what you're looking for but I just booked a trip with Capt. Brad King with South Again Charters for later in July and plan to take the whole family. He's sounds like a super nice guy, came highly recommended, and his prices are very reasonable...

http://www.southagain.com/

Mike,

You're correct, Capt BK is a great guy and is an excellent Capt that will put you on fish.

Also, Hot Spots Captn's are very good as well.

Jimmy