SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Helpfull info (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11792)

"W" 06-29-2010 06:07 PM

Helpfull info

1 Attachment(s)
On a serious note!
I hope you take this advice to help you if you’re not familiar with the LAKE

The RED areas are fishing areas that could hold fish or might have boats on them fishing!!

The Lake has lots of areas of open water to travel without having to burn the banks and ruin someone’s bite!

If you see boats fishing off the bank up to a half mile ...Please do not pass your boat between them and the bank!!

Go around in the middle of the lake!!!
You should stay at least 3/4 of a mile from anchor or drifting boats fishing!
If you decide to fish in an area where someone is fishing make sure you approach the area from upwind....let the wind push you down and not you having to troll up wind while your boat beats against waves!! This will kill a bite dead!! So don/t ruin the fishing for someone who is on fish!
Kill your motor at least 400 feet away and toll in or let wind push you! Big boat motors will kill bite

Pay attention to things!! If you see a boat drifting the bank from South to North ...Don’t go 200 yards up and cut him or her off!! If you planned on fishing that area start behind them as they were there 1st!

IF you’re done fishing and want to leave an area with other boats....Please troll away from all and crank up when your 400feet of more from the last boat....

I know lots of boats want to go to the weirs...But there are great fishing areas on the east and south banks that others like to fish~! If you burn these banks you kill the bite for someone else out there doing the same thing your going do!! Catch fish!! Respect the lake and what it has to offer!! I promise you this...If you respect a person fishing you will get that same respect back!!

Enjoy the water but respect others on the lake!!!
IF there catching fish let them have their space ...Don’t crowd them or make noise around them!!

fishinpox 06-29-2010 06:10 PM

wow ! that all i gotta say about that

Ray 06-29-2010 06:26 PM

You should have drawn that yeller line West, around Commissary, not between it and the bank.
But no one who is bank burner knows *** you are talking about. They will never understand.
It happens too much.

dmouton272 06-29-2010 06:43 PM

This should be handed out when you launch.:work:

cajunhntr03 06-29-2010 06:45 PM

Awesome Well said The only problem I see is that most of the people that do these no-nos dont read this site

whunter29 06-29-2010 06:47 PM

Good info I will try and remember if I ever go to big lake.

BottomOfTheBoot 06-29-2010 07:11 PM

What if someone's fishing birds on one of the yellow lines?

Do we still have to obey the travel lanes?

Mediumheavyaction6'6 06-29-2010 07:15 PM

Eddie you can blaze by them in your rig. I am pretty sure you won't disturb anyone

BottomOfTheBoot 06-29-2010 07:17 PM

I don't know man...I sometimes throw a mean wake.

all star rod 06-29-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 (Post 170515)
Eddie you can blaze by them in your rig. I am pretty sure you won't disturb anyone

Did not know fast EDDIE hunted or fished. I thought he only fought with SALTY about LSU in the sports bar....:rotfl:

PUREBAY2200 06-29-2010 08:36 PM

W.... Can u make one of those for Breton sound, black bay and lake p!!
Appreciate Ur help:)

boatdriver 06-29-2010 08:38 PM

What can I say? That was the best post EVER on this site. I do agree with htr03 about the ones that do not read this site. The man "W" knows what he is talking about. Came across with very useful information.

BD

calcutta37 06-29-2010 08:50 PM

hey w where did u get that pic of the lake from

BayBolt23 06-29-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajunhntr03 (Post 170497)
Awesome Well said The only problem I see is that most of the people that do these no-nos dont read this site

Yep yah right

ckinchen 06-29-2010 09:23 PM

Before I started fishing Big Lake two years ago I thought people were a little over dramatic about the way people run up on each other and burn banks in Big Lake. Now I understand and completely agree.

We were fishing birds on Friday afternoon and had an offshore boat with two motors cut in front of us with his engines on. I didn't even get angry I was so shocked there wasn't much to say. On the other hand, I was fishing a reef on the east side Sunday along with four other boats and a fifth boat showed up and saw we were anchored and trolled up very quietly. When I left the area I did the same for him. My son kept asking why weren’t running and this was a good chance to speak to him about how to act on the water.

For whatever reason this is an issue in Big Lake and I think although you will never fix the problem with everyone, as you know there are a ton of people that read this site and never post. Hopefully your post will go a long way towards helping make the issue better. This is such a great fishery but fishes extremely small.

cmdrost 06-30-2010 08:16 AM

good post!!! -- thats why I tend to stay away from Commissary or Basket Reef. Both are good reefs but both on the Wier Superhighway. I can't figure out why people burn banks and don't go around you.

mstulb 06-30-2010 09:04 AM

Haha

Weir super highway! That is hilarious.... Very True....

To much traffic now...

QUOTE=cmdrost;170739]good post!!! -- thats why I tend to stay away from Commissary or Basket Reef. Both are good reefs but both on the Wier Superhighway. I can't figure out why people burn banks and don't go around you.[/QUOTE]

LaAngler 06-30-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatdriver (Post 170547)
What can I say? That was the best post EVER on this site.

not even close :help:

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 170484)
You should stay at least 3/4 of a mile from anchor or drifting boats fishing!

A lot of people like to fish right in the main navigation passes, I blow right by them like they aren't there.

Choupique 06-30-2010 09:20 AM

dude, thanks for posting all my spots! lol...

Also if passing a kayak; stay on plane!

Dink 06-30-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choupique (Post 170766)
dude, thanks for posting all my spots! lol...

Also if passing a kayak; stay on plane!

Really?? No wake speed wouldn't be better?? You just like riding the waves or what?? Next time I see one, I'm gonna come off plane just enough to send a crew boat size wake for ya, that should be fun. Prolly cool ya off a little too!!!