SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Last minute duck blind for lease (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48827)

specktator 10-22-2013 12:53 PM

What makes a marsh blind over $5k high when you pay over $5k for a field blind? Don't you usually kill more birds in a marsh blind than a rice field? Just wondering. Know plenty of ppl that would pay way over $5k for a productive marsh blind. Guys in camp next to me pay $40k for 600 acres. It is what it is nowadays. Gotta pay to play. Thanks Duck Dynasty!

T-TOP 10-22-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 638219)
What makes a marsh blind over $5k high when you pay over $5k for a field blind? Don't you usually kill more birds in a marsh blind than a rice field? Just wondering. Know plenty of ppl that would pay way over $5k for a productive marsh blind. Guys in camp next to me pay $40k for 600 acres. It is what it is nowadays. Gotta pay to play. Thanks Duck Dynasty!

Never leased a field blind, but I guess the convience. Blinds are already there, farmer controls water and food supply. The hopes of the speckle belly kill.... goose season runs a lot longer than duck season. No boat needed... all just guesses.

specktator 10-22-2013 01:10 PM

I guess convenience does play a role. I know guys that pay $7500 for productive rice field blinds in Whiteville. Owners know they can get it. My lease has gone up every year the last 3 years. Too many "yuppies" with deep pockets.

Matt G 10-22-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-TOP (Post 638221)
Never leased a field blind, but I guess the convience. Blinds are already there, farmer controls water and food supply. The hopes of the speckle belly kill.... goose season runs a lot longer than duck season. No boat needed... all just guesses.

I'm learning that quickly this year. I hunted a field blind years ago by Rayne and it was as easy as walking to the blind in your tennis shoes. You could easily make a hunt before school in the morning. Ducks were decent, but the geese were phenomenal. This year we got in a marsh lease and it's non stop work!! If it isn't one thing, it's another. I'm not complaining because any reason to be out there is good enough for me, but hunting in a pit blind from a levee is cadillac!

Big Hutch 10-22-2013 01:19 PM

If you know somebody that is willing to pay over $5000 for a blind in the marsh tell them to PM me. My blinds are leased for this year but I have 2 that kill 250 -350 ducks per year. I would consider leasing them one of the blinds next season.

Thanks
Big Hutch

specktator 10-22-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Hutch (Post 638227)
If you know somebody that is willing to pay over $5000 for a blind in the marsh tell them to PM me. My blinds are leased for this year but I have 2 that kill 250 -350 ducks per year. I would consider leasing them one of the blinds next season.

Thanks
Big Hutch

Where are they? I will pass the word.

Spunt Drag 10-22-2013 01:39 PM

T-Top hit the nail on the head, nonstop work in the marsh. 30 AND 3 OR BUST!

mallarddecoyryt 10-22-2013 01:40 PM

Matt, get ready to spend some money in a marsh. Our lease isn't that much for 1 section, but the up keep is killing us. In the last 5 years we have spent thousands of dollars trying to keep it open and clean. We finally broke down and got mud boat. This should help. But don't expect any help from land owners on any problems. The river drains have the state trough the GC marshes off of it. That's a lot of fertalizer coming down. That's why it grows and changes from 1 year to the next.

fishinpox 10-22-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Hutch (Post 638227)

Thanks
Big Hutch

Pm me your contact info

"W" 10-22-2013 01:51 PM

My buddy leases 4 blinds for 36k a year (Rice field)

Same guys have leased for last 5, he does allow them to guide hunts on it if they want. They do guide quite a few speckle belly hunts. Last year they hunted 22days in a row with limit of specks each day

MarshRat89 10-22-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 638234)
My buddy leases 4 blinds for 36k a year (Rice field)

Same guys have leased for last 5, he does allow them to guide hunts on it if they want. They do guide quite a few speckle belly hunts. Last year they hunted 22days in a row with limit of specks each day

Do what????? That's like 9k a blind insane!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

SULPHITE 10-22-2013 02:55 PM

Well crap while we are at it...I need a lease in GC...lost ours...

fishinpox 10-22-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshRat89 (Post 638242)

I would pay 9k if... It was same quality blind as w is talking about and it was less than 20 min drive from Baton Rouge

MarshRat89 10-22-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 638246)
I would pay 9k if... It was same quality blind as w is talking about and it was less than 20 min drive from Baton Rouge

20 minutes from Br would be tough to find a blind that would consistently produce like that. I know of blinds 30 minutes from lafayette where you can get action like that at a third of that cost though.

"W" 10-22-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshRat89 (Post 638242)

Yep, and they pay it... use to be 30k but they had to install a whole new irrigation system so prices go up

I personally would never pay to hunt, im lucky enough to have enough good friends who farm and family land that I don't have to lease to kill anything

I buy decoys and have bought a few pit blinds etc which i think that I should at least do that much to hunt!!

Some Drs and lawyers pay some stupid money to hunt, I think Cherry Ridge its 10K for two day hunt for 6 people

MarshRat89 10-22-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshRat89 (Post 638250)
20 minutes from Br would be tough to find a blind that would consistently produce like that. I know of blinds 30 minutes from lafayette where you can get action like that at a third of that cost though.

Sorry let me correct my self I meant to say a third less of that cost.

fishinpox 10-22-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 638259)
Yep, and they pay it... use to be 30k but they had to install a whole new irrigation system so prices go up

I personally would never pay to hunt, im lucky enough to have enough good friends who farm and family land that I don't have to lease to kill anything

I buy decoys and have bought a few pit blinds etc which i think that I should at least do that much to hunt!!

Some Drs and lawyers pay some stupid money to hunt, I think Cherry Ridge its 10K for two day hunt for 6 people

I looked at that grosse savann place .. 41k for 16 guys!!! Not going that route

MarshRat89 10-22-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 638259)

Never in my life will I ever pay those prices. People want everything set up ready to go. They scared of a lil work.

T-TOP 10-22-2013 04:26 PM

What's white lake cost for the weekend?? 6 blinds sat and sun, for 30000 or 40000. You paying the state when pay that money, guides work for wildlife and fisheries.

all star rod 10-22-2013 04:40 PM

An avg rice field blind will go at 5k minimum. If you are able to have one for less than that price and kill 200-300 ducks not counting teal season consider yourself very lucky. Most are 6-8K and that is the range we pay and we kill about 350-400 just for big duck season. Also, not all blinds are the same (good) even on the same farm. 1-2 blinds will always be better for the most part than the others on the same farm.