SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Price to Pay (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61156)

fishfighter 08-05-2015 12:24 PM

Price to Pay

every thing is going up, first the saltwater license now the fed. duck stamp, they taxing us every where, wonder which license will go up next, i better get me a life time license before i really can't afford it

Federal duck stamp price increase in effect for 2015-16 season
Price bumped from $15 to $25

Mako19 08-05-2015 12:26 PM

So....duck stamp price increased less than half of what 1 box of shells costs? Screw this, I quit! :pissed:

alphaman 08-05-2015 12:38 PM

get that life time license before that goes up.
once everyone starts buying one they will jack up the price .

southLA 08-05-2015 02:55 PM

Duck stamp costs the same as a box of shells? 1/4 of a dozen good decoys? $5000 duck lease? **** I can't afford this stamp that goes to wetland protection

AubreyLaHaye458 08-05-2015 03:05 PM

If a $25 stamp is a problem then duck hunting isn't for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redaddiction 08-05-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 767009)
If a $25 stamp is a problem then duck hunting isn't for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'mon now. That is nothing to do with it. It's about paying more money that will go who knows where and be squandered away as always.

fishfighter 08-05-2015 03:12 PM

wow

i wasn't complaining, simply notifying or spreading the word for people who may not have known!!:confused::confused:

i duck hunt once or twice a year, if that, i have bought my stamp before and never made a hunt, i don't always duck hunt, but i do enjoy it but not enough to pay for a $5000 lease

but i do need to buy my lifetime license soon, before that goes up

C-Bass2mouth 08-05-2015 05:03 PM

If you've ever put a number to a dollar amount per duck killed at the end of your season.. an extra $10 might buy you one boot lip. Sucks but you gotta spend your money on something.

Natural Light Kid 08-05-2015 07:11 PM

Thats rediculous. Everyone should quit duck hunting immediately!!!!!! And dont worry about the lease you just paid for. I will help you to get out of it.

meaux fishing 08-05-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 767023)
If you've ever put a number to a dollar amount per duck killed at the end of your season.. an extra $10 might buy you one boot lip. Sucks but you gotta spend your money on something.

I don't even want to think about what that ratio was last year. I had fun out there doing it though

Top Dawg 08-05-2015 10:39 PM

You can thank DU for the price jack.

sugardad 08-06-2015 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 767023)

I'm no duck hunter, but by the time I add up cost on killing and processing one deer, that's over $100/lb! Gas to go to camp, feed for deer, groceries(beer) for weekend, bullets, processing,etc.... Most expensive meat ever......but worth every penny!!! And now cause I got my wife hunting and killing...priceless!!!!

Natural Light Kid 08-06-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 767098)

Please elaborate.

Spunt Drag 08-06-2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 767098)

Whats your problem? Do you not like duck hunting? Do you not appreciate the efforts of the CEO to help pay his $400k a year salary? Do you not know that ducks were lost for 1,000's of years before DU came in and taught them all how to fly south and then back north again? Do you not appreciate the "record" hatch every year? Do you not enjoy watching the DU bigwigs hunting prime real estate on DUTV?

You need to think about what's more important in life: your hard earned money, or Jim Bell's Hackberry Hilton?

meaux fishing 08-06-2015 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
DU does plenty on Public lands

Natural Light Kid 08-06-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 767115)
Whats your problem? Do you not like duck hunting? Do you not appreciate the efforts of the CEO to help pay his $400k a year salary? Do you not know that ducks were lost for 1,000's of years before DU came in and taught them all how to fly south and then back north again? Do you not appreciate the "record" hatch every year? Do you not enjoy watching the DU bigwigs hunting prime real estate on DUTV?

You need to think about what's more important in life: your hard earned money, or Jim Bell's Hackberry Hilton?

Do you think $400k is too much for the CEO of a multi million $ corporation? Do you think he should do it for free? Ive heard this same complaint on here about CCA. Pay a CEO min wage to run these organizations and see what you get.

Spunt Drag 08-06-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid (Post 767129)
Do you think $400k is too much for the CEO of a multi million $ corporation? Do you think he should do it for free? Ive heard this same complaint on here about CCA. Pay a CEO min wage to run these organizations and see what you get.

Just keep payin that Tithe, faithful follower.

Spunt Drag 08-06-2015 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
DU supporters remind me of people who give a percentage of their income to a preacher who lives in a $750k home and drives 3 Mercedes, but still believe they giving money to do the lords work. Dale Hall and Joel Osteen appreciate that money though.

Top Dawg 08-06-2015 09:15 AM

Sabine and lacassine nwr. That's comical.

When I'm in canada next month I'll be sure to take pics of the places yall payin these execs to hunt on.

fishfighter 08-06-2015 09:19 AM

wow

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 767132)
DU supporters remind me of people who give a percentage of their income to a preacher who lives in a $750k home and drives 3 Mercedes, but still believe they giving money to do the lords work. Dale Hall and Joel Osteen appreciate that money though.

that is a big place, that has to be the lords work, that house was built by Jesus himself, some of the money went to Jesus