SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Black panther sightings/discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40055)

Top Dawg 01-02-2013 05:08 PM

Black panther sightings/discussion

So today at work we got on the topic of black panthers. I was amazed at the fact that I was the minority that doesn't believe they exist. Several peoe I work with claimed to have witnessed these elusive creatures. Some have even seen them on several occasions! I was just curious as to what the salty Cajuns opinions were on this topic. Beings it's been a while since we had this debat. :smokin:

"W" 01-02-2013 05:09 PM

Pics or didn't happen!!!!

Like Big Foot!!!

SULPHITE 01-02-2013 05:10 PM

talked to a guy from Texas (deer hunter) just the other day... He has seen them...lol

speck-chaser 01-02-2013 05:19 PM

they had some hanging around the polling boothes a couple of months ago.

Duck Butter 01-02-2013 05:23 PM

You are definitely the minority! I can listen to people when they say they saw a panther, but once 'black panther' is said, I can not listen any more. Most of my relatives have at least heard a panther but ALL of my in-laws that hunt have heard BLACK PANTHERS:rotfl: How in the heck do you know if its black?:spineyes: They say 'it sounded like a woman screaming', well maybe it was a woman screaming:D

I did hear that Obama is secretly placing more out in the south in order to keep the pro-gun crowd inside and be scared of the woods

Top Dawg 01-02-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 533146)
You are definitely the minority! I can listen to people when they say they saw a panther, but once 'black panther' is said, I can not listen any more. Most of my relatives have at least heard a panther but ALL of my in-laws that hunt have heard BLACK PANTHERS:rotfl: How in the heck do you know if its black?:spineyes: They say 'it sounded like a woman screaming', well maybe it was a woman screaming:D

I did hear that Obama is secretly placing more out in the south in order to keep the pro-gun crowd inside and be scared of the woods

Lol. I don't know who started the whole woman screaming thing. But apparently that's a tell tell sign it's a BLACK panther lol. Not being prejudice but most of the sightings are by deer hunters. We all know how the mind can start playing tricks on you in a deer stand in Louisiana!

Smalls 01-02-2013 05:29 PM

Yep, bunch of kooks if you ask me. Black panthers!?!? Got a better chance of running into Sasquatch. My future father-in-law believes they exist. Seen one his coworker supposedly killed. I'm not saying I don't think they exist, just isn't proof of any. Give me proof, and I'll believe. I'm a religious man (you know, believing without seeing), but I'm also a biologist, so show me the MONEY!!!! I mean evidence......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

meaux fishing 01-02-2013 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I seent em
Attachment 44649

CAMP CANARD 01-02-2013 05:33 PM

I saw one when I was 18 crossing a road in Sour Lake, TX.
They exist !

1fastmerc 01-02-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 533145)
they had some hanging around the polling boothes a couple of months ago.

LMBO.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Dawg 01-02-2013 05:35 PM

With the millions of game cameras in all the woods across the united states. How come no one has a pic?

speck-chaser 01-02-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 533156)
With the millions of game cameras in all the woods across the united states. How come no one has a pic?

they stealthy like that!!

Top Dawg 01-02-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 533157)
they stealthy like that!!

Lol. Not really. Just about every deer hunter I know has seen one.

jldsc 01-02-2013 05:48 PM

the common bobcat is what makes that women/baby screaming noise...have witnessed that personally..so says black panthers dont exist...what i think people are seeing are just a very dark coloration of the common cougar/mountain lion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marshrunner757 01-02-2013 06:22 PM

Panthers/cougars/mountain lions... all one in the same. Do black ones exist? Yes. Do they exist in the wild? Don't know. I've seen them in zoo's. According to LADWF agents I've talked to, they do exist though rare and come from Mexico. Fact or fiction I can't say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Top Dawg 01-02-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshrunner757 (Post 533172)
Panthers/cougars/mountain lions... all one in the same. Do black ones exist? Yes. Do they exist in the wild? Don't know. I've seen them in zoo's. According to LADWF agents I've talked to, they do exist though rare and come from Mexico. Fact or fiction I can't say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

It is a fact that black cougars/mountain lions have never been confirmed to exist. Not even in zoos. The ones you see in zoos are jaguars or leopards. Not cougars/mountain lions.

Feesherman 01-02-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 533173)
It is a fact that black cougars/mountain lions have never been confirmed to exist. Not even in zoos. The ones you see in zoos are jaguars or leopards. Not cougars/mountain lions.

God they don't even carry a melanistic gene! What do your "witnesses" say to this info and the fact that there has never ever been a shred of evidence that they exist? Just like bigfoot and wompas cats!

Ragin_Cajun 01-02-2013 06:51 PM

Wish i had a mount of a mountain lion.....i would paint it black and stick it infront of a game camera! Maybe a squatch too......could be on Discovery Channel! Whooooo

RickLafayette 01-02-2013 06:53 PM

To the best of my knowledge, panthers are all black leopards and exist only in Africa. You can actually see the outline of the spots on a lot of them. The same holds true for jaguars in South and Central America. That includes Mexico and border crossings into the US. The rings around the spots on the black jaguars are more visible than the ones on the leopards.
Now, as a matter of semantics, a lot of people call our mountain lions / pumas 'panthers'. They have been called 'panthers' as far back as the mid 1800's. Lewis and Clark had referred to eating 'panther' meat.
As for black mountain lions, pictures please.

Feesherman 01-02-2013 06:53 PM

And how come no one even sees a regular old panther or has any trail cam pics of one? We just don't have em. And don't go there with the pet that got killed in Louisiana a few years back.