SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ruby tuesday in natchez,mississippi (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54579)

sam vitter 06-29-2014 01:10 PM

Ruby tuesday in natchez,mississippi

Just wanted to post that my wife and i were refused service at this restaurAnt because she had her service dog with her/ she is a retired leo as am i, the dog was wearing his service dog patches. They said the servers were afraid of him and would not wait on us/ manager wouldnt come talk to us/filing complaint with their corp hq monday,swingey

jelo 06-29-2014 01:29 PM

picture of dog please

eman 06-29-2014 02:02 PM

should have filed w/ local LEO before you left.

sam vitter 06-30-2014 07:49 AM

Ruby tuesday

Thought about filing report with natchez pd,but know they were busy and didnt want to wait plus tie up their officer ,might have been needed for sn emergency...

fishfighter 06-30-2014 08:11 AM

idk

is it a seeing eye dog? is it a dog that she HAS to have to be able to get around? or is it just a leo service dog? would you file this same complaint if you were to try to bring a dog into a more fancy restaurant? i don't know to many people who would want to be eating in a restaurant and have a dog in there, unless it was somebody's seeing eye dog or something, this is along the lines of waffle house not wanting guns on their property, private business making the rules for their own business, if you don't like the rules all you can do is stay away from the place and spread the word and others who feel the same way as you may choose to stay away from the place too

Finfeatherfur 06-30-2014 08:22 AM

To everyone posting on this thread - it's not about what resturant chain it was or if it was a "seeing I dog" - or if people would not want to eat in a resturant with a dog inside. It is a "SERVICE DOG" and end of story. This resturant has violated the ADA and is subject to civil penalty.

Go get them!!! and FYI, you do not need a police report as this is a civil matter and not criminal.

Finfeatherfur 06-30-2014 08:23 AM

Also, we have a house in Franklin County, MS where we hunt which is 15-20 mins from Natchez. We have eaten at that same resturant before - but will not return after hearing this.

fishfighter 06-30-2014 08:28 AM

???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur (Post 703312)
To everyone posting on this thread - it's not about what resturant chain it was or if it was a "seeing I dog" - or if people would not want to eat in a resturant with a dog inside. It is a "SERVICE DOG" and end of story. This resturant has violated the ADA and is subject to civil penalty.

Go get them!!! and FYI, you do not need a police report as this is a civil matter and not criminal.

Fill me(and others) in FIN, don't know what that is

southern151 06-30-2014 08:28 AM

The ADA, while it has its benefits, it also has its pitfalls. I'm sorry that you were refused service but, I really wouldn't want someone's dog sitting next to my table while I ate unless the dog provided completely necessary service to its owner. So many people have service dogs now for a multitude of reasons. I know of two personally that have them because they are permanently disabled military vets. Neither of the two were disabled in anything to do with the military. Both were injured as acts of off-duty bad decisions but, they were issued service dogs as a result.

I don't know your personal situation so, I won't dare speculate as to your dog's function in your life. Best wishes.

Here's a link to some of the pitfalls of the ADA that I mentioned earlier... http://www.facesoflawsuitabuse.org/2...ches-too-high/

southern151 06-30-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfighter (Post 703314)

Americans with Disabilities Act.

meaux fishing 06-30-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfighter (Post 703314)

Americans with disabilities

fishfighter 06-30-2014 08:32 AM

ada

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 703316)
Americans with Disabilities Act.

that is why i said if it is a dog she requires for disability reasons then that is different

Finfeatherfur 06-30-2014 09:12 AM

So, a person leading a completely normal life - walking, talking, and holding a job has a service dog to help with their seizure disorder......... That's right, a trained seizure dog that alerts when seizure activity is coming in a person. Would that dog not be allowed into the resturant???????

It's a service dog? It's a medical tool? It's possibly a life saving necessity? Can the person eat a meal without it - sure. But where do you draw the line. These are not house pets that will just jump up on a table next to their owner and steal your $15.00 steak.

Matt G 06-30-2014 11:48 AM

If the dog is a legitimate medical necessity, I say sue them for violating your civil rights. Isn't this a civil matter anyway? There was really no need to call LEO other than to alert them of the POS management at the restaurant is.... Just curious, but what does you and your wife being retired LEO have to do with the whole situation?

kb7722 06-30-2014 12:43 PM

I don't remember ever going to a Ruby Tuesdays and not being disappointed or pissed off when I left. I leave there saying I will never come back, but a year or so later I am obligate to go with someone and leave saying the same thing. Well at least they pissed you off at the door and saved you the hour of bad serves and mediocre food.

kb7722 06-30-2014 12:48 PM

I personally don't believe in the "sue them" mentally that some have mentioned. There have been plenty of places that have pissed me off and some that have probably violated my rights. I will not continue to do business with those places, and I will tell others what i think of them, but I am not going to sue somebody because they offended me.

southern151 06-30-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb7722 (Post 703390)
I personally don't believe in the "sue them" mentally that some have mentioned. There have been plenty of places that have pissed me off and some that have probably violated my rights. I will not continue to do business with those places, and I will tell others what i think of them, but I am not going to sue somebody because they offended me.

Now, you're just being un-(modern)American!:rotfl:

Matt G 07-28-2014 10:36 AM

http://theadvocate.com/home/9834754-...ty-dies-trying

It looks as if we lost a Saltycajun brother....... Rest in peace Mr. Vitter.

Top Dawg 07-28-2014 10:47 AM

Damn

swamp snorkler 07-28-2014 12:08 PM

Damn, sorry to hear that. May he Rest in Peace.