SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   For those of you who said I wouldn't hunt after a newborn!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4261)

Shawn Braquet 10-21-2009 01:24 AM

For those of you who said I wouldn't hunt after a newborn!!

1 Attachment(s)
Shot this doe this afternoon right before dark. My first one this season...maybe it'll hold me over till duck season.
And people said I wouldn't get to hunt after my wife had our son. This was my third trip since sunday and we just got home from the hospital saturday!! Gotta love a good wife.

Mediumheavyaction6'6 10-21-2009 05:28 AM

man you sound like my dad. he went hunting the day after my sister was born. it was her fault for being born on Sept. 30th lol

cabwiz2 10-21-2009 05:41 AM

My props to you. My wife wouldnt let me visit with the neighbors for at least 3 days much less leave to go hunting. Congrats on the doe.

"W" 10-21-2009 06:43 AM

NICE

Too Tall 10-21-2009 07:01 AM

Those words at some point will come back to haunt you. Especially if she sees them. :D
Congratulations on the newborn and the doe.

SULPHITE 10-21-2009 08:20 AM

*bowing down* please show me the way I am your grasshopper!!! Good pic and nice shot!!!

LaAngler 10-21-2009 08:33 AM

that's how stix would do it according to him, lol

Jordan 10-21-2009 09:12 AM

nice job shawn.... tell them boys whats up !!! looks like ur little one is camera shy !!!

callmaker 10-21-2009 09:30 AM

The little one is just mad because dad did not take him jordan

Jordan 10-21-2009 09:32 AM

lmao !!!

Shawn Braquet 10-21-2009 09:34 AM

Not trying to make anyone mad or anything I was just tired of hearing "there goes all of your hunting this year" and my wife said "oh no I want some deer in the freezer" lol

Jordan 10-21-2009 09:37 AM

lol... congrats on the baby again and the doe !!!!

RaginCagin 10-21-2009 09:55 AM

Nice kill. Need to wipe a little blood on that boys face and break him in right:D

LaAngler 10-21-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 64845)
Not trying to make anyone mad or anything I was just tired of hearing "there goes all of your hunting this year" and my wife said "oh no I want some deer in the freezer" lol

takes more than that to get em mad here......:redface:

sounds like you got a good lady there!

B-Stealth 10-21-2009 01:43 PM

Good Work

Cheers to you man; the walls of domestication have clasped their evil grip on me.

bay_slayer 10-21-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 64949)
Cheers to you man; the walls of domestication have clasped their evil grip on me.

X2:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Gerald 10-21-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 64789)
Shot this doe this afternoon right before dark. My first one this season...maybe it'll hold me over till duck season.
And people said I wouldn't get to hunt after my wife had our son. This was my third trip since sunday and we just got home from the hospital saturday!! Gotta love a good wife.

Congradulations on your kill.

But see....I was correct that you did not hunt the opening day.

Were you hunting on your lease west of Lake Charles?

southern151 10-22-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 64845)

Wow! My wife wants all of my dead wild animals out of MY deepfreeze!:*****:

You know the story...Bought a deepfreeze for crawfish bait in the spring and dead animals in the fall and she wants to put store-bought turkey and ice cream cones in there. I told her her ice cream may taste a little fishy!:*****:

BTW, good job on puttin one away!

Shawn Braquet 10-23-2009 08:59 AM

Yeah Gerald I missed opening day due to the doctor not releasing the wife and baby till saturday night so I had to settle on a Sunday morning and afternoon hunt. I missed another good doe on sunday morning at about 9:00, had some rifle issues. By the way anyone know of a good gunsmith? Oh and I was hunting in Ragley where me and you turkey hunted at. Got it set up real good this year. 3 food plots all in the field. Dad didnt plant his normal dove field so I planted iron clay peas and the walmart special hunter series mix. I've been meaning to get together with you about maybe making a trip down to clear creek with you if you ever want some company.

Gerald 10-23-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 65843)
Yeah Gerald I missed opening day due to the doctor not releasing the wife and baby till saturday night so I had to settle on a Sunday morning and afternoon hunt. I missed another good doe on sunday morning at about 9:00, had some rifle issues. By the way anyone know of a good gunsmith? Oh and I was hunting in Ragley where me and you turkey hunted at. Got it set up real good this year. 3 food plots all in the field. Dad didnt plant his normal dove field so I planted iron clay peas and the walmart special hunter series mix. I've been meaning to get together with you about maybe making a trip down to clear creek with you if you ever want some company.

Just got back from Clear Creek. I did not see any deer. Both of my friends got shots with their bow's this evening. Both shot over the deer.