SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   long run in the gulf today (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11415)

speck-chaser 06-17-2010 09:57 PM

long run in the gulf today

1 Attachment(s)
Headed out to v/b this morning. Started at nickel reef, fished E/I blocks, smi blocks,and vermillion blocks. We averaged 1 fish per 16 miles.lol Ended up with 6 nice specks and 96 miles on the boat. Water in tiger shoals was pretty green,but had quite a few pockets of brown colored "water" and some unusual looking grass floating on top. Watched an awesome looking water spout for a while. Too far away for the camera phone to pick up. Water in the Pass was filthy. Well, had some nice boat riding time with my son and a few fish to boot. Hope everyone has a good fathers day weekend.

Montauk17 06-17-2010 09:58 PM

Much better than working,water looks calm.

adamsfence 06-17-2010 09:59 PM

nice

speck-chaser 06-17-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 165741)
Much better than working,water looks calm.

yep water was calm all morning.

all star rod 06-17-2010 10:05 PM

Fished the Tiger Shoal block a few weeks ago and we only picked up a few trout. Tide was good, water was nice but no fish. I think it will be on in that area come July thru the middle of SEPT.

speck-chaser 06-17-2010 10:08 PM

Last 2 times we fished tiger shoal this past month,we caught pretty well. Talked to several others out there,and they were struggling too.

LaAngler 06-17-2010 10:11 PM

should have ran due south for your 4 snapper....lol

huntin fool 06-17-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 165751)
Last 2 times we fished tiger shoal this past month,we caught pretty well. Talked to several others out there,and they were struggling too.

P.E coach's son was murdering them awhile back there

Ducktrickster 06-18-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 165740)
Headed out to v/b this morning. Started at nickel reef, fished E/I blocks, smi blocks,and vermillion blocks. We averaged 1 fish per 16 miles.lol Ended up with 6 nice specks and 96 miles on the boat. Water in tiger shoals was pretty green,but had quite a few pockets of brown colored "water" and some unusual looking grass floating on top. Watched an awesome looking water spout for a while. Too far away for the camera phone to pick up. Water in the Pass was filthy. Well, had some nice boat riding time with my son and a few fish to boot. Hope everyone has a good fathers day weekend.

Had an identical trip Wednesday. I think the brown colored water is from the shrimp trawls. Did that grass look like green turds floating in little clumps. If so, I saw it too, and it was odd looking. Did see an oil slick just west of freshwater city about a mile off the beach. Hope it wasn't what I think it was.

speck-chaser 06-18-2010 08:31 AM

this grass was brownish orange. And I dont think the brown water was from shrimp trawls. We saw some of that when we got closer to the pass. This was dark brown pockets. Looked kinda like what they been showin on tv with the oil. I kept trying to get my son to taste it, to see,but he no want. lol.

Ducktrickster 06-18-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 165837)
this grass was brownish orange. And I dont think the brown water was from shrimp trawls. We saw some of that when we got closer to the pass. This was dark brown pockets. Looked kinda like what they been showin on tv with the oil. I kept trying to get my son to taste it, to see,but he no want. lol.

I'm trying to convince myself that it was from the trawls. There was also pockets of water with millions of bubbles. It might be normal but I have never seen that before.

RaginCagin 06-18-2010 08:41 AM

Thats alot of water to cover for 6 trout but still better than work anyday. I haven't fished TS since last summer but the few times we went the tide was so stong you could not get a bait down. I also saw the biggest shark of my life probably close to 7 foot kept circling around my boat while fishing one of the satelite rigs.

jpeff31787 06-18-2010 11:03 AM

Fun times! lol how did the water look in the bay around the cove and dry reef? I plan on going sunday

speck-chaser 06-18-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeff31787 (Post 165898)
Fun times! lol how did the water look in the bay around the cove and dry reef? I plan on going sunday

the water in the cove looked pretty nice, and the dry reef area was decent, just not sure how salty it was.

shellman 06-18-2010 01:44 PM

Thanks for the report bro...