SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Support Forum (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   I-Phone (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41780)

fishfighter 03-05-2013 02:27 PM

I-Phone

what is different about the I-Phone 5 compared to the 4s, is it worth the extra $150 difference in the price

meaux fishing 03-05-2013 02:41 PM

From what I was told if you have a 4s there is not much noticeable difference except for screen size

Hopedale Hustler 03-05-2013 02:45 PM

Garbage...same dayumm thing just barely longer...I just switched from apple iphone 5 to galaxy note 2 and its the best thing I ever did and I was a 5 year iphone fan...apple is just making the same phone over and over again now I believe the android/galaxy market is ahere the future lies

DannyI 03-05-2013 11:17 PM

Sales rep told me same thing, size of display larger than 4S, and not much better on speed. So I upgraded to 4S and kept da money in my pocket. Very satisfied.

scott craft 03-06-2013 05:10 PM

The iPhone 5 has a better processor and is LTE capable. If you live in an area where LTE is available it's quite a step up in speed. To me the extra money the 5 costs over the 4S is well worth it for a phone you'll have almost two years.

BassAssasin 03-06-2013 05:26 PM

Yea the LTE coverage is sweet! And fast if not faster than a lot of wifi

scott craft 03-06-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassAssasin (Post 556738)
Yea the LTE coverage is sweet! And fast if not faster than a lot of wifi

My WiFi at home can't touch Verizon's LTE around Lake Charles.

Dink 03-06-2013 11:19 PM

Galaxy S3!! Android is where its at. Apple does some things great, but they havent come up with anything new in awhile......

Plus, the operating system is easier

swamp snorkler 03-07-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 556822)
Galaxy S3!! Android is where its at. Apple does some things great, but they havent come up with anything new in awhile......

Quoted for the troof

scott craft 03-07-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 556822)

I prefer android out of the two, but there's nothing wrong with an iPhone. I'm not very trusting of Google either.

Goosepond Monster 03-07-2013 11:16 AM

I switched from a 4 to a 5 at the beginning of the year. Overall I am happy with the upgrade. My only complaint is the battery on the 5 doesn't last as long as I expected it would. On my 4 I could get two to three days per charge and now I am charging the 5 every other day with normal usage, but it seems on the weekend I have to charge it daily when I spend more time using it.

scott craft 03-07-2013 12:45 PM

If you're charging your phone every other day that's much better than most are doing.

fishfighter 03-07-2013 01:02 PM

well talked to att and verizon last night, i will probably be switching to verizon and the ihone 5, will go with the 5 cause some b-day money helps cushion the difference in phone cost, i will know for sure if verizon is better than att after i get out on the water or in the woods

Goooh 03-07-2013 01:11 PM

I switched to Verizon because that's what my company runs, not long after my wife switched too. Sooooo much better on all fronts - much faster net speed, no dropped calls, calls actually come through...

I'll never go back.

Plus the iPhone is a workhorse, I spend the entire day working and playing and streaming music and in two years have never had an issue. Doesn't freeze, rarely lags when multitasking, I wish everything utility/tool in life would work as smoothly and consistently as an iPhone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott craft 03-07-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfighter (Post 556921)
well talked to att and verizon last night, i will probably be switching to verizon and the ihone 5, will go with the 5 cause some b-day money helps cushion the difference in phone cost, i will know for sure if verizon is better than att after i get out on the water or in the woods

The only negative with the Verizon iPhone 5 is that it won't do voice and data at the same time on 3G or 4G. That's not a big deal to me but for some it is.

Dink 03-07-2013 01:59 PM

Android on Verizon does.....dont see why Iphone wouldnt?

scott craft 03-07-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 556936)
Android on Verizon does.....dont see why Iphone wouldnt?

Apple left out the antenna that is necessary to keep the phone as thin as possible.

fishfighter 03-07-2013 02:17 PM

well

does that mean i can't look something up online if i am talking with some one on the phone with verizon, i have an iphone 3gs and i can talk and surf at the same time with att!!!!

scott craft 03-07-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfighter (Post 556942)
does that mean i can't look something up online if i am talking with some one on the phone with verizon, i have an iphone 3gs and i can talk and surf at the same time with att!!!!

Correct. Some Verizon phones can do that on 3G, all of them can do it on 4G except the iPhone.

fishfighter 03-07-2013 02:22 PM

well

well that makes no sense, does that mean that apple makes different phones for different networks, that would be silly, why can it be done on att and not verizon