SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Duck hunting in Louisiana (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19597)

CoxLabs 06-12-2011 09:19 AM

Duck hunting in Louisiana

Guys I am originally from Louisiana but I now live in Texas. Man do I miss Louisiana hunting. It is so hard to find places to hunt over here in Texas. Besides that the hunting style here is alot different. I have found that the duckhunters over here can't even blow a duck call. They have and carry them to their hunting spot but not one of them can call.

I went hunting on Lake Cooper this past season. I have never been on this lake. I got in a spot and there was two other groups close to me. Each group was over three hundred yards away. Both was using Mojo's in the spread. I threw out about a dozen blow decoys in a whole where we had to break ice. I pulled three groups of birds off these guys before the could get up good just because when they blew their duck calls it sounded like a dead duck on the water. It was crazy. I had never seen a duck act the way they did towards those guys it was pretty funny. Any ways I just wanted to express my love and desire for Louisiana Duck Hunting its the best thats all there is to it.

bgizzle 06-22-2011 01:58 PM

damn skippy i feel the same way i pretty much live in longview, tx now

CoxLabs 06-23-2011 09:50 PM

I work in Marshall we are almost neighbors lol

Shawn Braquet 06-23-2011 10:40 PM

Duck hunting...just a dream rite now but a work in progress, so many hunting projects and not enough time, i do agree ghough on thier callin skills, the texans i work with oughta be blowin someyhing else cause a duck call is not their cup of tea

huntin fool 06-23-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 275025)
Duck hunting...just a dream rite now but a work in progress, so many hunting projects and not enough time, i do agree ghough on thier callin skills, the texans i work with oughta be blowin someyhing else cause a duck call is not their cup of tea

5 months til big ducks... just sayinn

Micah 06-23-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 275027)
5 months til big ducks... just sayinn

3 months til teal......just sayin

huntin fool 06-23-2011 11:13 PM

Teal season is such a tease lol

Micah 06-23-2011 11:23 PM

If lovin teal season is wrong...I don't wanna be right!!!

huntin fool 06-23-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh Boy (Post 275034)
If lovin teal season is wrong...I don't wanna be right!!!

It'd be nice if it ran from September to November. I love shooting some blue rockets

Micah 06-23-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 275037)
It'd be nice if it ran from September to November. I love shooting some blue rockets

I absolutely love teal season!!!! I just wish it was longer than 2 weeks.

iron man 06-24-2011 02:10 AM

Now I'm going buy that game for playstation for duck huntin...cannot wait.

CoxLabs 06-24-2011 06:45 AM

Teal season rocks the only problem its to hot out there. I believe there should be a law passed for Texans to use automated calls. They need all the help they can get with it. One other thing I miss about Louisiana is running YoYo's on the lakes. I don't know how many of ya do that or have done that but man that was great times. You can't do it here in Texas its illegal. That really bites.

Dink 06-24-2011 06:47 AM

When folks are calling like crazy andstirri.g it all up, just put out your spread and put the call back in the bag.......they'll come to you, no probs

hadabite 06-24-2011 06:50 AM

Teal or big duck season can't come fast enough! Hmmmmm and I thinking real hard about getting a new smoke pole. I've always used an 870 and never had a problem with it but I think its time. Definitely goin with a semi this time.

Shawn Braquet 06-24-2011 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadabite (Post 275100)
Teal or big duck season can't come fast enough! Hmmmmm and I thinking real hard about getting a new smoke pole. I've always used an 870 and never had a problem with it but I think its time. Definitely goin with a semi this time.

Cough SBE II cough cough

hadabite 06-24-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 275102)
Cough SBE II cough cough

lol. i have 2 friends that have one. I'm so undecided:confused::confused:

CoxLabs 06-24-2011 08:18 AM

The Extrema II is wonderful. I wish I had the money for one those.

fullrutt 06-24-2011 08:35 AM

Stick with beretta

SULPHITE 06-24-2011 08:44 AM

Ha! Just sent my maxus back to browning....:( Now I'm hoping I get it back for November...read its anywhere from 2 to 5 months on repairs...:pissed:

I don't get it everyone else who has one doesn't have problems guess I gots a lemon??

cajunforeman 06-24-2011 08:55 AM

Check put the for sale section. My friend has a brand new one sbe 2 for sale