SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Shrimp Timing (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56567)

Robert Haynes 10-06-2014 07:18 AM

Shrimp Timing

I fish once a year on BL. I used to come in October and did well netting shrimp but if I did not want to take the time to net I could always buy large shrimp off the docks by Spicers. Last year I came 1st week of November to target flounder more but did not do well on shrimp and the dock boats did not have large shrimp to buy. I am coming first week of November again this year. Can I expect the same? I am always trying to target the best week to come in the fall in order the have success with all fish and shrimp.

"W" 10-06-2014 07:29 AM

2 weeks

BassYakR 10-06-2014 07:35 AM

Maximize your once a year trip by getting a guide! Or take a couple guided trips throughout the year to maximize your own trip.

Cripley 10-06-2014 04:46 PM

I agree man get a Guide they can help maximize your trip. Think about it like this how much gas pulling your boat 200 Ice 20, Bait 40, and fuel 80 in that boat lodging 200. Lets just say you hit notta you wasted 520 of your money for nothing. a guide plus tip will run you in the 600 range. Get a guide i recommend Waltrip just cause i use him for customers as well as several personal trips a year with limits or dang close every time. But there are a lot of good ones out of Heberts Marina.

Robert Haynes 10-07-2014 06:31 AM

Thanks for info

BuckingFastard 10-07-2014 07:18 AM

doesnt seem like a troll just seems like a guy trying to come have some fun and not wanting to pay for a guide. i wouldnt want to either. id much rather someone help me with a little info and see what happens. not everyone has or wants to spend 5-800 on a guide when theyre already spending money to get away. i could pull my boat back and forth to arkansas 4 times before i had to add up the guide fee plus tips.

BuckingFastard 10-07-2014 09:34 AM

that is exactly your opinion and thats why this guy did not ask for a guide suggestion. he asked for a tad bit of info. which a guide did chime in on.

Dougie 10-07-2014 09:39 PM

If you plan to buy bait at Spicers, be sure to call them. Last weekend we stopped there for bait and was told 'We have no bait. No live, no dead, no frozen.'

Calcasieu Point had bait, but for some reason, Spicers had none. The parking lot was full of trailers though.

Robert Haynes 10-07-2014 10:03 PM

I should have known not to post here. You get so much crap feedback. I must not have asked my question correctly. Just so you all know, I have had a guide booked for several months now. Money is not an issue. I do what I want, when I want and as much of it as I want. Let me rephrase the question so the uneducated can understand. Can I expect to be able to catch or buy any large shrimp since I am coming late this year (1st week of November). "W", I appreciate the response you gave.

Robert Haynes 10-07-2014 10:15 PM

I also appreciate the responses of the others that chimed in on my defense. I grew up on the Lower Laguna Madre with a fish camp at Pt Mansfield Tx. I have been coming to BL for 6 years now, once a year for a week cuz I miss my saltwater roots and BL is the closest salt to me. I see my son once a year and it is this trip each year. We catch more fish than we can eat in a years time and I have to tell him not to put another red in the boat each year. I am weak on flounder skills and that is why I am coming in November and have hired a guide. I couldn't care less how many fish I catch with the guide, I hired him to teach and in the process we will catch some fish.

swamp snorkler 10-08-2014 06:18 AM

Sounds like a plan.

Onto the Shrimp..... I don't know about the west end of the state but here on the East some of the prettiest shrimp are caught around Autumn cool fronts.

BuckingFastard 10-08-2014 06:41 AM

#SabineLife
#SabineToads
#BLisEmpty
#SaltyCajunAdvice
#PotLickDaily
haha

Clampy 10-08-2014 09:24 AM

Coffee Ground Cove or bust.

mr crab 10-08-2014 10:24 AM

Why?....

mr crab 10-08-2014 10:26 AM

Buck fast, clampy....jealous much? C'mon over. We stay on toads. Ain't nothin to it. They jump right in the boat.

mr crab 10-08-2014 10:28 AM

I caught a 4lb'er in coffee last night in my castnet.

BuckingFastard 10-08-2014 10:33 AM

yea one time, i was driving over the bridge and it started raining 6er's. it was a sign. ONLY FISH SABINE

SGib 10-08-2014 10:42 AM

With all that money buy 2 gold chains and some gulp buckets. You have dem flounder swangin from side to side.

Cripley 10-08-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Haynes (Post 723675)
I should have known not to post here. You get so much crap feedback. I must not have asked my question correctly. Just so you all know, I have had a guide booked for several months now. Money is not an issue. I do what I want, when I want and as much of it as I want. Let me rephrase the question so the uneducated can understand. Can I expect to be able to catch or buy any large shrimp since I am coming late this year (1st week of November). "W", I appreciate the response you gave.

I was just trying to help guess you are just to ballerific for me. I apologize Mr Baller. I will keep my crap post off

mr crab 10-08-2014 11:02 AM

Dude does "what he wants...when he wants"? Does that include catching the oh so elusive big lake flounder in nov? Kinda of a pompous attitude to come on here asking for info, then to say "i do what i want when i want" if that's true, than you should have no problem catching doormat after doormat. Go get em tiger!