SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   legal or not? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4920)

speck-chaser 11-08-2009 11:28 PM

legal or not?

Ive hear conflicting reports on squirrel hunting from a boat. Is it legal to squirrel hunt from your boat while running your trolling motor?

yak'em-n-stack'em 11-08-2009 11:30 PM

no

you can not discharge a gun while a boat is under way using the wind or a motor.

we duck hunt out of a small boat on the river, but only drift, we dont even bring a motor, because they will get you

LaAngler 11-08-2009 11:52 PM

i always squirrel and woodduck hunted with a TM

ChuckP 11-08-2009 11:56 PM

You can hunt squirrel from a boat with a outboard or trolling motor.....years ago this was not legal,but it is now, i asked a game warden five years ago....You can not hunt ducks from a boat with a trolling motor or outboard motor...

speck-chaser 11-09-2009 12:03 AM

Ive hunted squirrels too,with my t/m. before. My nephew was stopped yesterday,and was told he could not be shooting out of his boat while the t/m was on. Not sure if it made a difference if he was in a management area or not.

ChuckP 11-09-2009 12:50 AM

Can I hunt squirrels from a moving boat?
Yes, as long as you are properly licensed and you have permission from the landowner to hunt the squirrels from his property......Copied from LDWF (enforcement section) can't find anything on WMA's...

Gerald 11-09-2009 01:54 AM

On a WMA.....For Deer hunting....the engine or trolling motor must off and the boat not moving before making a shot at a Deer.

On a WMA....For squirrel hunting......I am not sure, but I think the same applies. I know people kill squirrels while fishing and that is legal.

flounder_smacker 11-09-2009 04:02 PM

don't know if it applies to squirrels but i was told to weeks ago by a game warden that i could hunt hogs from a boat with the trolling motor running but the outboard has to be off. i guess they let you shoot with the trolling motor running cause you could be paddling just as well.

huntin fool 11-09-2009 04:30 PM

Pfft....You CAN hunt from the boat with TM running...Many of limits between me and my buddy hunting from a boat....good times...

longsidelandry 11-09-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 74553)
Pfft....You CAN hunt from the boat with TM running...Many of limits between me and my buddy hunting from a boat....good times...

Fool, just because you CAN doesn't meant it's LEGAL!!! :shaking: :D

huntin fool 11-09-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 74555)
Fool, just because you CAN doesn't meant it's LEGAL!!! :shaking: :D

Huntin Fool don't outlaw..just catches people who outlaw :eek::*****:

longsidelandry 11-09-2009 04:56 PM

lol