SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   2013 Delta Waterfowl Gulf Coast Chapter Youth Hunt (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49168)

Lake Chuck Duck 11-05-2013 10:11 AM

2013 Delta Waterfowl Gulf Coast Chapter Youth Hunt

6 Attachment(s)
This past weekend we were able to have our 1st Annual Delta Waterfowl Gulf Coast Chapter Youth Hunt, as part of Delta's "First Hunt" program. We took 6 lucky kids whose names we drew at the banquet on a trip of a lifetime. Greg Stanley with Lacassane Lodge generously let us use their facility for the youth hunt. The Lodge went above and beyond our expectations with the hospitality.

Friday evening the kids began to show up with their chaperones. After some hors d'oeuvres and everyone was acquainted, we sat the kids down for a DW presentation, duck identification slideshow complete with lots of handouts for correct guess, hunting safety, and an amazing calling seminar by Kelly Haydel with Haydels game calls. We expected Kelly to bring a call for each kid. You should have seen the faces on these kids when he pulled out a bundle of lanyards that each had a mallard call, a teal call, a gray duck call, and a whistle! I would be a liar if I said I wasnt a little jealous that I didnt get a setup like that. Kelly gave the kids a step by step tutorial on blowing each call and also taught them calling techniques given various scenarios. I sat in awe at how well he works with the kids. Definitely a true professional. Thank you to Kelly and Haydels Calls for giving his time to be there. Unfortunately we did have to demand the kids put their calls up later that evening as most of the adults were getting head aches lol.

Dinner followed from the lodge chef, which included homemade fried chicken, mashed tators, greens, and green beans with a chaser of bread pudding. After dinner the kids played and ran around and got their gear ready to go the next morning. The hunters woke up to fresh biscuits from the chef as everyone made their way to the blind. Unfortunately I cant remember the guides's names but Greg and crew did a great job getting everyone safe to and from the blind and putting these kids on some birds.

They showed back up around 10 with their kills and most kids did well. There was one girl who hit a couple birds in the air but was unable to fold them for a recovery. One blind of 2 kids each shot a limit and each got one of a pair of specks. One speck was almost solid black. Both geese are being mounted for them by their chaperones. Nothing put smiles as you could see how proud they all were of their kills. After pictures and hunting stories a big traditional breakfast was served by the lodge chef Jacques.

Once again, we cant thank Lacassane Lodge enough for the effort that they put in to having us over this past weekend. Those are some stand-up guys out there and they are running a hell of an operation. I would definately recommend them if you are looking for a top-flight overnight hunting trip. Very nice facility.

I was glad to be a part of such a special weekend. The joy we gave these young hunters will be imprinted in my mid forever. And I have a feeling the kids will be talking about this weekend for a long time too.

I appologize for picture quality, my phone hasnt been coopering lately...

Lake Chuck Duck 11-05-2013 10:15 AM

6 Attachment(s)
ducks...

Top Dawg 11-05-2013 10:17 AM

Awesome. Kudos to yall

AubreyLaHaye458 11-05-2013 10:22 AM

Man that's awesome! Great post and that's a great thing y'all did for the kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SULPHITE 11-05-2013 10:46 AM

Man that is awesome!! Great job to Bryan and Cory for giving their time for these youth to enjoy some great hunting!! Great job by Delta Waterfowl for putting this on!!

Lake Chuck Duck 11-05-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 641357)
Man that is awesome!! Great job to Bryan and Cory for giving their time for these youth to enjoy some great hunting!! Great job by Delta Waterfowl for putting this on!!

Also Jason and Jonathon!

meaux fishing 11-05-2013 11:01 AM

great job to everyone involved in setting this up... Cory your pics are terrible:grinpimp:

SULPHITE 11-05-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 641359)
Also Jason and Jonathon!

Yep stand up guys as well!!!

Reefman 11-05-2013 11:11 AM

Thank all of you who gave up their time and efforts towards this great project of introducing our youth to such a wonderful outdoor experience.

Lake Chuck Duck 11-05-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 641361)
great job to everyone involved in setting this up... Cory your pics are terrible:grinpimp:

I dont know what happened, used to take fantastic pics now I cant get a good pic to save my life. Definitely dont want to attempt to soom on something:shaking:

meaux fishing 11-05-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 641367)
I dont know what happened, used to take fantastic pics now I cant get a good pic to save my life. Definitely dont want to attempt to soom on something:shaking:

Maybe there's a little scratch on the lens or something

MarshRat89 11-05-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 641367)

Operator error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Deadly D 11-05-2013 10:14 PM

Great job for everyone involved putting this together. Nothing like seeing young ones in the outdoors enjoying what we have