SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Harvey (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67536)

Troubass 08-29-2017 07:22 AM

Harvey

I sure feel sorry for anybody who paid to pump a rice field pond for teal season before Harvey came along. Got my water for free, Thanks Harvey.

Pat Babaz 08-29-2017 11:17 PM

Kind of a **** post what with all the human suffering going on right now..... oh and the teal will be widely scattered due to water everywhere. Good luck

Troubass 09-06-2017 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Babaz (Post 825572)
Kind of a **** post what with all the human suffering going on right now..... oh and the teal will be widely scattered due to water everywhere. Good luck

I'm sorry, for anyone who took this the wrong way, it was meant to be a "when given lemons, make lemonade" type of post. I was just trying to find some good in a bad situation. I didn't intend to make light of anyone's suffering. A few years ago, I experienced misfortune myself when Rita hit, just like a lot of other folks around here did.
I've paid for pond pumping, I would have been pi**ed if I had just paid and then got the storm flooding on top of it.
Guess it just came out wrong and at the wrong time. I apologize to you and anyone else who was offended.

all star rod 09-07-2017 06:50 AM

I could care less if my farmer had pumped before or not. That is part of me paying a lot of money to lease a blind from him. I pay the same regardless if he has to pump or not. Part of our agreement is we will always have water. I am sure he has the pumping covered in what I pay him a year if he has to. Plus we only keep few inches of water in our pond.

I recently got into another lease in Pecan Island on the North side that is just past the rollover landing. This is pump off pump on land. A lot of pumping off going on at the moment due to all the rain from the storm.

TroutSupport.com 09-07-2017 09:58 AM

Yep... either way teal will have plenty water everywhere, but then again they might stay in the area longer as well. Probably all the way until regular season.

Good luck guys.

neverenuf 09-07-2017 12:11 PM

I didn't find your post insensitive at all. You are talking about duck stuff, not house stuff....

DeeCee 09-07-2017 04:49 PM

I can't imagine anyone pumping a teal pond a month before the season opens

Troubass 09-07-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverenuf (Post 825926)
I didn't find your post insensitive at all. You are talking about duck stuff, not house stuff....

Thank You, I'm glad somebody got it.

Troubass 09-07-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeCee (Post 825935)
I can't imagine anyone pumping a teal pond a month before the season opens

We like to have water early. The mindset is, once they find us, they will stick around till the season begins. After 36 years hunting the same farm, you tend to figure out what makes them happy.

Troubass 09-07-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 825915)
I could care less if my farmer had pumped before or not. That is part of me paying a lot of money to lease a blind from him. I pay the same regardless if he has to pump or not. Part of our agreement is we will always have water. I am sure he has the pumping covered in what I pay him a year if he has to. Plus we only keep few inches of water in our pond.

I recently got into another lease in Pecan Island on the North side that is just past the rollover landing. This is pump off pump on land. A lot of pumping off going on at the moment due to all the rain from the storm.

I don't pay a lease, I hunt family land, if water gets pumped I pay for it. I have friends with leases, for what they pay, I would expect to stay wet all season too.

all star rod 09-08-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troubass (Post 825940)
We like to have water early. The mindset is, once they find us, they will stick around till the season begins. After 36 years hunting the same farm, you tend to figure out what makes them happy.

I like to have water at least 10-14 days before the season starts. Let's hope this little cool front brought them in! My spot in the marsh still has too much water. Hopefully, by next week it should be just right!